Brechin V Arbroath

There’s a lot of premature stuff here that should maybe be on the Arbroath thread rather than the match day thread. I’m expecting a tough game. No difference between the two sides in the form tables (ie past 6 and 10 games) = both low performing but Brechin are on this 3 game losing streak. We seem to struggle to score so much as a repeat of the November outing here would be delightful, can’t really see that. We may need to rely on our defence again to get a result .. or maybe our defenders to show the forwards how it’s done at the other end. A draw would be good enough, though dangerous to aim for.. and anything better a joy. I’d love us to display our neat football, which surfaces only in occasional passages, but it’s maybe better to grind out a result.

Maroon army arising, expecting a massive party atmosphere and rightfully so, We have been incredible this season and deserve everything we get and that a credit to absolutely abody associated with the lichtie famous, Brechin are are great club and team fighting for there lives so we need to be at our best and show them the respect they deserve but I am sure if we play our normal game we will get the right result, mon the smokies let’s do this.

There’s a lot of premature stuff here that should maybe be on the Arbroath thread rather than the match day thread. I’m expecting a tough game. No difference between the two sides in the form tables (ie past 6 and 10 games) = both low performing but Brechin are on this 3 game losing streak. We seem to struggle to score so much as a repeat of the November outing here would be delightful, can’t really see that. We may need to rely on our defence again to get a result .. or maybe our defenders to show the forwards how it’s done at the other end. A draw would be good enough, though dangerous to aim for.. and anything better a joy. I’d love us to display our neat football, which surfaces only in occasional passages, but it’s maybe better to grind out a result.

What difference does it make whether it’s on the arbroath thread or the match thread :lol: we are going to win the league regardless, relax.

51 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

The players deserves to be backed for 90 minutes for being such a handsome bunch of dudes.

It's often overlooked due to our excellent footballing performances, but having supported us over the past 20 years with ogre's such as Derek Holmes and Robbie Raeside pulling on the maroon shirt, it's really not said enough just how handsome the team is these days. Mark Whatley, David Gold, Gavin Swankie, ToB, Mikey McKenna etc?

Quite clearly we're a beautiful footballing side in more ways than one.

7 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

It's often overlooked due to our excellent footballing performances, but having supported us over the past 20 years with ogre's such as Derek Holmes and Robbie Raeside pulling on the maroon shirt, it's really not said enough just how handsome the team is these days. Mark Whatley, David Gold, Gavin Swankie, ToB, Mikey McKenna etc?

Quite clearly we're a beautiful footballing side in more ways than one.

You have started drinking early :lol:

4 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

You have started drinking early :lol:

I would only have been drinking this early on a Saturday if I was in a position where my team were pish and contained such horrors as Ryan McGeever, Scott Robertson and Andy Jackson. Ugly, ugly men playing ugly ugly football.

Fear not, today you'll get to see our beautiful football team roll into town. If you're lucky you might get to see Mark Whatley doing his pre match stretches up close or even get a wee smell of Mikey McKenna's hair; one of our younger fans had this experience last season and he still gets giddy whenever it's mentioned.

23 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I would only have been drinking this early on a Saturday if I was in a position where my team were pish and contained such horrors as Ryan McGeever, Scott Robertson and Andy Jackson. Ugly, ugly men playing ugly ugly football.

Fear not, today you'll get to see our beautiful football team roll into town. If you're lucky you might get to see Mark Whatley doing his pre match stretches up close or even get a wee smell of Mikey McKenna's hair; one of our younger fans had this experience last season and he still gets giddy whenever it's mentioned.

I am getting concerned about to Simon i.e. Whatley Stalker!!

Anyway the day has arrived, lets get an early goal to settle any nerves and put on a similar display like our 5-1 victory at the Glebe earlier in the season.

And for the crowd wan* folk among us i predict a crowd of 2,236 with 2,036 Red Lichties.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES LETS DO THIS 36-0.

Just a shame that the man who has done so much on the pitch to make this a memorable season won't be able to take part in what could be the championship winning game. However I'm sure Bobby will be on the pitch taking part in the celebrations at the end of the game. Unless, of course, he is out shopping with his wife this afternoon.

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I agree we are pish not a lot of Brechin fans will disagree 

As for the rest very worrying I am really no in tae smelling fitba players heid's  maybe a Lochee thing  :whistle   I will no get the chance to see your "beautiful team "  today i am aff tae Tenerife thank f**k