Brechin V Arbroath

Totally agree. It’s premature, cringeworthy and setting ourselves up for a fall (Arbroath have history with this). Brechin may be on a bad run but always dangerous to underestimate or disregard the opponent who are now desperate for points. Plus, looking further ahead takes away from the game itself. The image conjured up earlier Of Dick Campbell as a smug Scott Brown is deeply unsettling.

I’m hoping the Glebe surface is good enough (used to be poor at the end of the winter) and probably that we start with the same eleven, or maybe Swankie starting ahead of Gold), with Doris to come on later?

The defence was magnificent on Saturday so same again and if our lively attack could just - a) show a little composure at the key moment, b) a bit more accuracy with the final ball in: c) get a break, we should be able to make things interesting. Attitude has been great these past two games and needs to be spot on again on Saturday - no distractions or let-downs acceptable.

Cringeworthy? It’s cringeworthy because we are confident our side will wrap up the title this week?

There’s a thin line between confident and arrogant. I’ll be going overboard myself but only once we’ve crossed the line and the earliest that is possible is sometime after the final whistle. So what lineup would you favour to get a result?

Exactly the same as Saturday. Really not sure why you’d bring Swankie back in.

I enjoy away days in Brechin - but this has the potential to be the best yet ( fingers crossed ).

Brechin can look forward to a big bumper crowd and pay day.

Hopefully the 'broath can look forward to winning the league - we know Brechin will be up for the match, so not taking anything for granted.

35 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Before anyone gets excited and mentions crowd w**k this is a genuine question, 

What is the rough capacity for the  area Arbroath have been given? 

I think the stand behind the goals holds about 1200 and say allocated standing areas my guess 600-700

Edited by Best Team in Angus

The stand now only has 1000, if that, useable seats in my opinion, with the TV gantry/ broken seats being an issue as well as a load of them having netting on them (will they be available on Saturday? If not maybe only 750/800 seats in the stand) and probably get 50-75 dugout side of the pitch and 3/400 on the hedge side max....... Could be a tight squeeze if so!