Brechin V Arbroath

I am not sure I can stomach Campbell rubbing our noses in it .  I just hope beyond hope that we can somehow pull a victory out of somewhere to wipe that smug grin aff his puss. 

Sadly and realistically  it's not going to happen though.  Stenny will win and we will be bottom.  Dick will be insufferable and strutting about like an ancient Scott Broon. 

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I am not sure I can stomach Campbell rubbing our noses in it .  I just hope beyond hope that we can somehow pull a victory out of somewhere to wipe that smug grin aff his puss. 

Sadly and realistically  it's not going to happen though.  Stenny will win and we will be bottom.  Dick will be insufferable and strutting about like an ancient Scott Broon. 

Jut think of a they Maroon pounds, luckily I leaving Saturday night for Tenerife so will be unable to attend:thumsup2

Incidentally I think our best performance this season came here earlier, possibly the best ever performance I’ve seen from us. 

A McKenna screamer and Thompson’s mazy and dink over the keeper stick in my mind

As I mentioned in the Brechin thread I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch this happen on Saturday as our hopes of staying up hang by a thread.

It's a game of football and you're right in the mix for staying up go along and watch your team ffs

We should win here, I nipped along to the Brechin Montrose game last week and thought Montrose won at a canter. Not sure what’s happened to brechin, seem to be in utter free fall for two whole years. Hope you manage to survive as the league has been great this year with all the derbies.

After a tough period with some poor results I really hope we can wrap it up in style, it simply can’t go to the Raith game. 

I’m really not enjoying this thread. We are not certain to win on Saturday. I think we will. I really hope we do. I don’t want to go into the Raith match needing anything.

Totally agree. It’s premature, cringeworthy and setting ourselves up for a fall (Arbroath have history with this). Brechin may be on a bad run but always dangerous to underestimate or disregard the opponent who are now desperate for points. Plus, looking further ahead takes away from the game itself. The image conjured up earlier Of Dick Campbell as a smug Scott Brown is deeply unsettling.

I’m hoping the Glebe surface is good enough (used to be poor at the end of the winter) and probably that we start with the same eleven, or maybe Swankie starting ahead of Gold), with Doris to come on later?

The defence was magnificent on Saturday so same again and if our lively attack could just - a) show a little composure at the key moment, b) a bit more accuracy with the final ball in: c) get a break, we should be able to make things interesting. Attitude has been great these past two games and needs to be spot on again on Saturday - no distractions or let-downs acceptable.

watching teams win titles on your own turf is horrendous, watching it in a derby game will add to it and being doomed to relegation, well words do not describe it.

We have nothing to give and the team / squad reflects four years of signing defenders with no thought to attacking.

And we have not done that well.

Good luck to Arbroath, I guess this is retribution for owning Angus for the best part if 30 years.