Morton v. Alloa, Tues. 9th April

10 hours ago, printer said:

Excellent highlights. Thanks.

Penalty's unecessary, but I think Dick commits the foul.

Once again a defence with Robbo right back and Taggs in the middle does the business.

Cool finish from Jack. emoji4.png

DG's picture confirms Morton player fouls his own resulting in penalty IMO

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MonEhTon said:

You should see Kerr Waddell’s effort in the reverse fixture at Alloa; I was present for both, can confirm they get worse the more you see them, though I can’t work out which was worse. Horrendous.

I have seen that.  That one last night be reminds me of the time Mark Reynolds tried similar at Motherwell and went with his wrong foot only to shank it across gola for a tap in. 

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yet it’s not even the worst goal we’ve conceded against Alloa this season.

While working under a completely clueless manager is obviously a hindrance for players and you can genuinely see a regression in every single player in the squad the more time they spend with Johansson, that’s an example of how the players can’t hide behind the clown to escape blame themselves.

It doesn’t matter how useless your manager is, it’s absolutely basic stuff that no professional defender can be excused for on any grounds. Every week that defence is routinely making howlers that just shouldn’t be happening at this level.

It's amazing how a poor manager can make players go backwards. Confidence goes, players start hiding and clueless mistakes just creep in. I agree that your players shouldn't be making those errors at this level but I'm sure we've all seen it go wrong like that at clubs. 

18 hours ago, flyingscot said:

It's amazing how a poor manager can make players go backwards. Confidence goes, players start hiding and clueless mistakes just creep in. I agree that your players shouldn't be making those errors at this level but I'm sure we've all seen it go wrong like that at clubs. 

This is it for me. Those players should be good enough to do the basics right. You can see how little confidence they have every time the opposition have a chance or they give the ball away needlessly. It's always difficult to ascertain blame when things go so badly wrong but for me the manager takes the brunt of it every time. Especially if the players have done well under other previous coaches

Archived