Morton v. Alloa, Tues. 9th April

So, can we beat a part-time team on a midweek night to just about secure survival? If we can't, do we even deserve to stay up?

Goodwin is clearly a much more confident and convincing manager than Johansson, but our players have shown this week that, lacking in confidence and direction as they are, they haven't completely blown.

1-0 to the Ton, followed by our total support for your remaining fixtures. You're welcome.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa will be no push overs for sure.  We are at home and we really need to win to keep away from the relegation pack.

Game should be played like a cup final. 

Hope for 3 points but we may end up with a draw. 

'Confident' and 'watching Morton' don't go, never really have.

I would use them same quote from an Alloa perspective.

Would love another 3 points with the same effort and determination from the Players from past two games on Tuesday night. But would settle for a shitfest draw and then hope we can match Falkirk points total in the last four fixtures who would look on paper as the more difficult run in.

We need to halt this Alloa juggernaut.

You guys need to take a break and concentrate on your remaining games after Tuesday.

JJ the tactics,  don't give them any penalties and be confident to press them. Also kick the fuk out of that Jam Tars loanie right from the start.

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

Score draw 1_1

I’d settle for that. Because:

a ) we are crap, can’t win games and couldn’t score in a barrel full of fannies

b ) with so few games remaining we would be in little danger of the playoff place

c ) I’d rather see you guys stay up rather than the other two main contenders

So, can we agree on 1 - 1 then? Or, maybe more likely,  0 - 0 ?

Any chance we might score more than 1 goal tomorrow night? I cant remember then last time we did that. Was it the thistle game at Christmas? 

A win should keep us safe from automatic relegation, but still need some more points to stay clear of  the play off spot. 

What a miserable season this has been. 

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Waddle still out for this game. I would just play with 2 CB's tonight and go for it rather than put McAlister into defence.  

How would the rest of the team line up if we're going with a back four? 

I think JJ is loathe to play a back four as he doesn't trust Tumilty and Iredale as fullbacks in a four man defence, so I'd imagine we will see the usual formation again.

Whichever formation we play I have no confidence that we will have the shape in midfield or ability to stop Alloa's counter attacking style.

Archived