Scottish Football Missile Assault

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Some raging Partick fan throwing an avacado onto the pitch will be next imo

This is the worst!

West End Tory b*****d.

Most  people , although they’ve heard  of avocados have never tasted them.

I was lucky to sample such a  deliciously when in  Carlisle during the war.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, big al said:

That’s nothing. Once in the San Siro for a Milan derby they chucked a moped off the upper tier at the fans below.

was that the cycle of violence I hear about...?

thank you. 

I recall reading Derek Johnstone's column in Shoot about a game he played in at Fir Park where missiles were thrown on to the pitch.  However being only 8 at the time I wondered why the fans had thrown the missiles instead of launching them.

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I recall reading Derek Johnstone's column in Shoot about a game he played in at Fir Park where missiles were thrown on to the pitch.  However being only 8 at the time I wondered why the fans had thrown the missiles instead of launching them.

Thrown because you can smuggle a missile in your hood but the launcher is too big

14 hours ago, big al said:

That’s nothing. Once in the San Siro for a Milan derby they chucked a moped off the upper tier at the fans below.

It was inter vs atalanta and im sure they either did or tried to charge the fans with attempted murder

If scottish football wants rid of the shite fan incidents they need to authoritied to get tougher, jail terms for launching objects with the intent to harm someone, make them think twice about it 

We should take a leaf out of the Sultan of Brunei's book and sentence missile throwers to death.  In fact, make it part of the half-time entertainment, if you throw a missile you are subject to death by that missile at half time of the next game.  So Falkirk fans are pulveried with eyeballs, Hibs fans with coconuts etc

And here was me thinking it was just those nasty "Old Firm" fans who engaged in this type of activity...........

Clearly this type of behaviour extends beyond south and east Glasgow. I don't claim to have the answer as to how to stop it from happening but it does need to stop. One of these times somebody is going to get hurt badly but by then it will be too late. Let's hope this nonsense can be stopped before that day arrives.

1 hour ago, The Chief said:

And here was me thinking it was just those nasty "Old Firm" fans who engaged in this type of activity...........

Clearly this type of behaviour extends beyond south and east Glasgow. I don't claim to have the answer as to how to stop it from happening but it does need to stop. One of these times somebody is going to get hurt badly but by then it will be too late. Let's hope this nonsense can be stopped before that day arrives.

Strict liability 

53 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

On the same day the BBC portrays a lighter thrown on the pitch as an existential threat to Scottish football, there's a markedly less condemnatory tone in an article about Croatian crowd trouble. There, flares, racism and anti-Semitism are explained away as part of the passion of the game.

Yes, the tone is positively affectionate.

There's a contradiction in there somewhere.

Archived