Scottish Football Missile Assault

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should have a competition:  What's the more bizarre thing you can chuck into to pitch?      

I wanna see a Teabags, Abacus, giant teddy bear, food blender, rubber snake, jumperoo, sewing machine etc.   

This is the real league.   

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Over the past few months we’ve had several incidents where items have been chucked on the pitch. This week has been fairly bad: a firework thrown at St. Mirren vs Celtic, a lighter in today’s Well vs Rangers game and a coconut at the Edinburgh derby yesterday.

There’s also been other things, a Hibs nutter attacking a Rangers player and Neil Lennon being struck by a coin.

It’s getting a lot of attention in the media and it’s dragging the name of Scottish football through the mud. Is this the worst it’s been in a couple of decades?

I don’t understand the mindset of people who get so enraged or could be so stupid that they think it would be okay to throw something at someone with the intention of hurting them. It’s a game of football ffs.

I also don’t understand the need to bring pyro to the game, especially fireworks. It’s not Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce, it’s St Mirren vs Celtic you absolute plum.

Why are Scottish football supporters behaving like animals and what can be done to stop it?

Great post, but the title sounds like a new videogame. Was ready to pre-order it 

Guest Moomintroll
I think we should have a competition:  What's the more bizarre thing you can chuck into to pitch?      

I wanna see a Teabags, Abacus, giant teddy bear, food blender, rubber snake, jumperoo, sewing machine etc.   

This is the real league.   
Cuddly toy!

As much as this behaviour is unacceptable, there are far more serious things we need to be dealing with first:

1) Celtic, Rangers, and now sevco have been dragging Scottish football through the mud for far longer.

2) The corruption in Scottish football permeates to the very core, allowing the behaviour of the fans in point 1 to go unchecked.

Let's get our priorities in order. If there was no Celtic or Sevco, none bar one of the incidents in the original post would have happened.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

You are 100% right.

In Malones pre and post match yesterday, if you went for a pish, there was often a queue of young guys at the cubicle. At one point 2 guys next to me had a pish at the trough, then when they finished, joined the queue for the cubicle - and I doubt it was for a shite !!!

I didnt go to the bogs at HT at Tynie yesterday, but its well known that the toilets there are used for taking drugs quite openly - ah, for the halcyon days of people just smoking in toilets.

Again, this isnt a problem thats confined to Hibs, but obviously I see it more with our young fans who do seem to have gone a bit radge in the last 5 years or so - their "invincible" attitude when out their tits does breed that contempt for authority, including ignoring anything that Budge or Dempster says.

I dont see it changing any time soon, as its not a football problem, just something thats crossed to football fans.

Big question for me is - how the hell do they afford it, when I was young, coke was £50 a gram

You've been walking around in a daze then, I'd say. It's no more prevelant at football now than it was before. It's always been there. I'd imagine it's your tolerance levels of shrugging off the young teams antics has dropped and now you're 'noticing' it more. 

Certainly has in my case but in actual fact, I'm just jealous I have other things more important to spunk my money on nowadays. 

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Shove a couple of them in a bra, say you're identifying as feminine that day and they won't dare touch you.

in which case Griffiths here was in danger of getting pelted by a couple of prize winning marrows. 

griffiths.jpg.37872fb8eced1599d8b7e5750a473939.jpg

2 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

This is the real league.   

Alas, no one will ever top the Holy Vespa

The type of folk who do it tend to all dress in a very similar fashion. Targeting them for being searched would be a start.

That won't completely stop it of course, but would reduce it significantly.

3 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

This is the real league.   

Fondue set?

The type of folk who do it tend to all dress in a very similar fashion. Targeting them for being searched would be a start.
That won't completely stop it of course, but would reduce it significantly.
A search might prevent the coconuts and Vespas of this world, but it doesn't deal with coins, or fannies actually going on to the pitch.

As much as this behaviour is unacceptable, there are far more serious things we need to be dealing with first:
1) Celtic, Rangers, and now sevco have been dragging Scottish football through the mud for far longer.
2) The corruption in Scottish football permeates to the very core, allowing the behaviour of the fans in point 1 to go unchecked.
Let's get our priorities in order. If there was no Celtic or Sevco, none bar one of the incidents in the original post would have happened.
I completely disagree.

This is a problem all over the country, and involves all clubs.

The sectarian thing is a separate issue. Aye we need to tackle it properly - but this nonsense is more of a priority at the moment.

Archived