Scottish Football Missile Assault

Over the past few months we’ve had several incidents where items have been chucked on the pitch. This week has been fairly bad: a firework thrown at St. Mirren vs Celtic, a lighter in today’s Well vs Rangers game and a coconut at the Edinburgh derby yesterday.

There’s also been other things, a Hibs nutter attacking a Rangers player and Neil Lennon being struck by a coin.

It’s getting a lot of attention in the media and it’s dragging the name of Scottish football through the mud. Is this the worst it’s been in a couple of decades?

I don’t understand the mindset of people who get so enraged or could be so stupid that they think it would be okay to throw something at someone with the intention of hurting them. It’s a game of football ffs.

I also don’t understand the need to bring pyro to the game, especially fireworks. It’s not Galatasaray vs Fenerbahce, it’s St Mirren vs Celtic you absolute plum.

Why are Scottish football supporters behaving like animals and what can be done to stop it?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, deadasdillinger said:

Dont much fancy having a coconut or bottle of Buckie launched at my head, could do some serious damage. 

Aye, you might break the bottle.

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

How do you get a coconut into a ground anyway?

Shove a couple of them in a bra, say you're identifying as feminine that day and they won't dare touch you.

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

How do you get a coconut into a ground anyway?

Part of the issue (and this isnt a pop at Hearts, issue is exactly the same at ER) is that we pay poorly trained stewards sweeties, dont train them properly and it seems obvious that they are only there to fulfil licencing requirements.

At Tynie yesterday, I flashed my ticket once a the outer "cordon" then we walked straight up the turnstiles and in.

No checks, nothing.

Other people reported being patted down on the way in.

No consistency,  and the young coked up team always seem to be able to smuggle in the drugs, flares, smokebombs etc.

Guest Moomintroll

My head hurts trying to get into the mindset of someone who actually secretes a coconut within their clothing so that they can throw it at a football player. The vaguely normal people that we appear to be cannot compete with such idiocy therefore it is time to give up and scrap the whole football thing until Darwinism takes its inevitable toll.

Part of the issue (and this isnt a pop at Hearts, issue is exactly the same at ER) is that we pay poorly trained stewards sweeties, dont train them properly and it seems obvious that they are only there to fulfil licencing requirements.
At Tynie yesterday, I flashed my ticket once a the outer "cordon" then we walked straight up the turnstiles and in.
No checks, nothing.
Other people reported being patted down on the way in.
No consistency,  and the young coked up team always seem to be able to smuggle in the drugs, flares, smokebombs etc.

Yeah, that’s true actually. It reminded me that I usually have a small bag with me when I go to games. When I am going to Scotland games at Hampden, it always gets searched where as I don’t think it’s been searched at all when I have gone to league games.

Blame the drugs [emoji38]
You lot sound like your grandparents. 
He's got a point. It's not even discreet anymore. There are loads of guys/lassies doing lines and posting it all over social media.

Incredible the increase of wee fannies coked up thinking they are in the peaky blinders that are scrapping at horse racing ect. Same guys are no doubt 'fitbaw lads', not proven obviously but if its not as discreet in other parts of society it is going to creep into football.

He's got a point. It's not even discreet anymore. There are loads of guys/lassies doing lines and posting it all over social media.

Incredible the increase of wee fannies coked up thinking they are in the peaky blinders that are scrapping at horse racing ect. Same guys are no doubt 'fitbaw lads', not proven obviously but if its not as discreet in other parts of society it is going to creep into football.
Yep. This.

No easy solution either.

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You are 100% right.

In Malones pre and post match yesterday, if you went for a pish, there was often a queue of young guys at the cubicle. At one point 2 guys next to me had a pish at the trough, then when they finished, joined the queue for the cubicle - and I doubt it was for a shite !!!

I didnt go to the bogs at HT at Tynie yesterday, but its well known that the toilets there are used for taking drugs quite openly - ah, for the halcyon days of people just smoking in toilets.

Again, this isnt a problem thats confined to Hibs, but obviously I see it more with our young fans who do seem to have gone a bit radge in the last 5 years or so - their "invincible" attitude when out their tits does breed that contempt for authority, including ignoring anything that Budge or Dempster says.

I dont see it changing any time soon, as its not a football problem, just something thats crossed to football fans.

Big question for me is - how the hell do they afford it, when I was young, coke was £50 a gram

Archived