• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
sirscottyoung

CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

On 4/8/2019 at 08:53, Old Diamond said:

Looking more and more like Falkirk will be the Championship representative in the playoffs, would be a nice rekindling of old rivalry if we could scrape it, but I think realistically we blew it on Saturday, come on Airdrie prove me wrong!!!

I would fancy Raith or Forfar to give Falkirk a decent game in the playoffs, if you take rudden out they are nothing special, i suspect they may actually be a league 1 team next year

10 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Car54 does have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about it tbh.

I've mentioned it a few times over the last week or so, he's very interested in thinking everyone, and I quote, "will do a Brechin".

a point i alluded to before, are teams  of allowed to be excited at the thought of a playoff? Duking it out at the right end for a something still to play for?

Everyone thought livi  would horse stranraer a few years ago in the playoffs and look how that panned out. I assume you were keeping everything crossed in the final penalty shootout that Stranraer would miss, so they wouldn't have to embarrass themselves by going up, getting a handful of points and coming straight back down?

For the other league 1 teams, aye. Speaking as a Raith fan, after 1 win in 10 play off ties we've been involved with, not so much. More a kind of low key dread as to how we'll embarrass ourselves this time.

Brilliant from Alloa, looking like a Partick v Forfar shootout at Firhill!!

41 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Brilliant from Alloa, looking like a Partick v Forfar shootout at Firhill!!

Thistle are away at Ross County on Saturday...I would love them to come down, as one of my pals supports them. 

10 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Morton and QoS also possibly getting dragged into it.

Morton are in a real bad way. Absolutely honking form, ill will towards the gaffer from the fans and Johansson doesn't seem to be able to change it up. 

Impossible to predict who is coming down, with every team involved one minute they are bottling it the next they are on a run

Still plenty of sides needing to make sure their player contracts extend long enough to include the play-offs.

Personally feel it will be Montrose vs Partick Thistle and Forfar vs Wee Team, with the Jags staying up. But that's total and utter guesswork and should be treated with thinly veiled contempt.

Still plenty of sides needing to make sure their player contracts extend long enough to include the play-offs.

I know sides have been caught with this in the past put I'm pretty sure now contracts have to last until the transfer window opens.

I know sides have been caught with this in the past put I'm pretty sure now contracts have to last until the transfer window opens.

Yeah contracts have to last for 52 weeks rather than the previous 42 that it was

It's anyone's guess who will take part in the 9th v 4th match but I can say with a fair degree of confidence that Forfar will make the final...

42 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's anyone's guess who will take part in the 9th v 4th match but I can say with a fair degree of confidence that Forfar will make the final...

A recent knack of results on the road gives me slightly more confidence. Granted we are absolutely pish at Station Park. If we get through that with a draw I’d like to think we would get the job done in Kirkcaldy. 

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

A recent knack of results on the road gives me slightly more confidence. Granted we are absolutely pish at Station Park. If we get through that with a draw I’d like to think we would get the job done in Kirkcaldy. 

The prophet has spoken! 

Get some promotion photies dug out Wardy. :D

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

It's our record at Station Park that kind of makes me think we would be better off finishing 3rd and playing them at home first. If we can get a win under our belts at home then at least we go there with something to hold onto. 

If we're going to do anything in the playoffs, we're basically reliant on the home game. We've only managed to get 2 draws (Forfar and Airdrie) in playoff games away from home with 3 defeats (Stirling, Hibs, Alloa). We took Forfar to bits earlier in the season at Starks but that's a distant memory now (we also had Vaughan as a sub). I've got absolutely no belief we'll get anything positive from Station Park. It's probably only behind Inverness as a stadium where we never seem to get results.

If we're going to do anything in the playoffs, we're basically reliant on the home game. We've only managed to get 2 draws (Forfar and Airdrie) in playoff games away from home with 3 defeats (Stirling, Hibs, Alloa). We took Forfar to bits earlier in the season at Starks but that's a distant memory now (we also had Vaughan as a sub). I've got absolutely no belief we'll get anything positive from Station Park. It's probably only behind Inverness as a stadium where we never seem to get results.

I was at that Airdrie away play-off. Although we got a draw we were never in danger of pulling back the 0-2 home defeat and Airdrie were comfortable. They went 3-0 ahead on aggregate early on in that game and it was a late equaliser when they were home and hosed.

The other draw was at Brechin. Who then relegated us at Starks.

We might just about manage to struggle past Forfar over two legs if we can limit the damage in the away fixture.

East Fife to relegate Morton or the likes in the other tie to set up a Fife Derby with the Fife. Of course we all know what will undoubtedly happen there, but at least we can console ourselves with having reached our first ever play-off final.

Could we see the ultimate aggregate score in the final??    East Fife four Forfar five???

Lot of talk of Rovers play-off record , despite winning them twice(lower league one) we have also had some horrible meltdowns in these ones.

I love the impact playoffs have had on our league.

Right now with 4 games to go,  3 (4 if you count dumbarton...i think they are safe now) are still punching to avoid automatic and playoff relegation, and 3 of us are still tustling for play-off places.  6 out of 10 with all to play for

Championship - anyone of the bottom five could realistically end up in a relegation/playoff fight, thats half the league!

Realistically of the two league only really Dunfermline and Dumbarton are not in some sort of promotion/ relegation scenario

Edited by FullTimePint

1 hour ago, FullTimePint said:

Realistically of the two league only really Dunfermline and Dumbarton are not in some sort of promotion/ relegation scenario

It's around now that we string some results together and make a late surge for the playoffs mate :)