• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
sirscottyoung

CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

2 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Goal difference is correct. emoji23.png sorry it was all to get my head around how close it was.
Goal difference could end up being a key factor on end of season positions emoji102.png

It's actually obvious...I'm such a plum. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Between EF and Airdrie, would fancy EF to have enough

I they draw with Montrose next week, and we beat Stenny, it will be very, very close. We need to win our next two, and one of the last two, IMHO. 

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

4. East Fife - 45
5. Montrose - 44
6. Airdrie - 42
7. Dumbarton - 38

Fixtures:
East Fife - Montrose(H), Dumbarton(A), Stenhousemuir(H), Forfar(A)
Montrose - East Fife(A), Airdrie(H), Forfar(A), Raith Rovers(H)
Airdrie - Stenhousemuir(H), Montrose(A), Arbroath(H), Stranraer(A)
Dumbarton - Forfar(A), East Fife(H), Stranraer(H), Arbroath(A)

Realistically, I think Dumbarton are out of it. Even if they pick up the full 12 points, they'd need East Fife to pick up less than 6/9, Montrose to pick up less than 7/12 and Airdrie to pick up less than 9/12. I just think the odds that dumbarton have a flawless finish while all three of the teams above them stutter is pretty unlikely.

On paper Montrose have the toughest run in. However, two games against their challengers then two games against sides potentially with their feet up waiting for the play-offs doesn't seem to bad to me. Not much in the fixtures to me. This league is so tight, it's always ridiculous trying to predict who'll beat who down the line and every team is playing at least one game against the top 3 who should have nothing to play for by that point, so a lot could depend on how up for it they are.

EF actually play Stenhousemuir Away and For far at Home.

22 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Heart says Airdrie on Goal Difference (50 points)
Head says EF to cement 4th place

Scored 7 in our last four games, with 3 clean sheets. I think we will probably need to collect 10 points, actually. 

Goal difference is correct. sorry it was all to get my head around how close it was.
Goal difference could end up being a key factor on end of season positions
Where's 7eleven with all these ifs buts and maybes? Can't have that , positives only!

Where's 7eleven with all these ifs buts and maybes? Can't have that , positives only!

Can’t wait to smash all these other diddies out the park on our romping to the premiership in the next 14 months...

That’s just for him

3 hours ago, smuggfifer said:
4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Goal difference is correct. emoji23.png sorry it was all to get my head around how close it was.
Goal difference could end up being a key factor on end of season positions emoji102.png

He's away drowning his sorrows with Frank.

Just as well they did away with Happy Hour with those two.

The late kick off on Alba may give us a wee edge, especially if EF drop points, but given how we have lost twice to Stenny I will not be putting money on a home win.  It does look as if Dumbarton are out of the running which shows you how weird all these recent results have been.  Given how tight it also is in the Championship bottom three then it could be a close run thing for whoever finishes fourth. I am just glad we appear to have escaped the trap door? My instinct is that East fife will steady their ship(train) and clinch fourth place.  

3 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

He's away drowning his sorrows with Frank.

Just as well they did away with Happy Hour with those two.

:P you guys won't even get to the play offs! Never mind you get a job this year.

You can write Dumbarton out of challenging for 4th. They would need to win 4 games (against us is a gimme though) and have every other result go for them. Just as well really as they were motoring up the table just a few weeks back.

This Saturday is massive for both ourselves and Montrose. A win for us would give us a cushion again considering that Montrose play Airdrie the week after. Our form is terrible, I think it’s now just 1 win in 13 but if we can grind out enough points over the next 4 to scrape into the play offs it will be a very good season.

36 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

You can write Dumbarton out of challenging for 4th. They would need to win 4 games (against us is a gimme though) and have every other result go for them. Just as well really as they were motoring up the table just a few weeks back.

This Saturday is massive for both ourselves and Montrose. A win for us would give us a cushion again considering that Montrose play Airdrie the week after. Our form is terrible, I think it’s now just 1 win in 13 but if we can grind out enough points over the next 4 to scrape into the play offs it will be a very good season.

That means you'll beat us at the Rock, then, doesn't it? (Given the way results this season have gone all round.)

Looking more and more like Falkirk will be the Championship representative in the playoffs, would be a nice rekindling of old rivalry if we could scrape it, but I think realistically we blew it on Saturday, come on Airdrie prove me wrong!!!

Whoever thinks we're magically going to string 5 wins together when we haven't done so for about a decade is smoking some good shit and should slide into my DMs with a time and meeting place so that I can also smoke some of this shit.

On 07/04/2019 at 13:27, sirscottyoung said:

Can’t wait to smash all these other diddies out the park on our romping to the premiership in the next 14 months...

That’s just for him emoji23.png

I’m surprised you want to get involved in this playground nonsense, especially as you seem to have totally missed my points. Not for one minute do I think East Fife should be beating all the other diddies (a phrase I have never used on here). I just don’t believe that losing to Brechin one week automatically means you are going to get humped by Raith the next. One game has no relevance on the other. I also don’t believe that if East Fife miss out on the play offs that it will mean this season has not been a good one (read your own post on the other thread).

What I do think is that East Fife have played beyond their means this season, through a massive amount of luck, some excellent individual perforamnces in isolated games, the group being better than the sum of its individual parts and some clever management and recruitment. For what it is worth, I think East Fife will still be in this Division next season and it will be difficult to achieve what they have this season again.

Edited by 7 Eleven

Having watched Forfar on Saturday you couldn't really throw a blanket over any of the the play off hopefuls,the best team at Stair pk lately have been Dumbarton:lol:In danger of repeating myself if the Championship team can't beat a playoff team in League 1 this season then I give up.

Looking more and more like Falkirk will be the Championship representative in the playoffs, would be a nice rekindling of old rivalry if we could scrape it, but I think realistically we blew it on Saturday, come on Airdrie prove me wrong!!!

Falkirk are more likely to finish 10th than anywhere else now; everyone has got a game in hand and Alloa in particular have got a much easier run-in than them as well.

I wouldn’t trust any of the sides in the bottom of the Championship to get through four playoff games without making an arse of it.

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

In danger of repeating myself if the Championship team can't beat a playoff team in League 1 this season then I give up.

Both Raith and East Fife (particularly) have had good results against Championship teams this season in the cups, 9th placed team will start favourites but not sure it is as simple as you think.