CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

Montrose now in the driving seat. I still think there is a chance of a few more twists to come in this battle! Well I hope more than anything 🤞🏽

It’s Montrose v Airdrie next week which will have a massive say on who will take 4th.

We are still very much in it, but on our current form I would expect us to slip down to 6th by the end of the season. We have 1 win in 13 and 1 point from the last 15. Very much relegation form and going by reports we aren’t close to coming out of this shocking form anytime soon.

It’s Montrose v Airdrie next week which will have a massive say on who will take 4th.

We are still very much in it, but on our current form I would expect us to slip down to 6th by the end of the season. We have 1 win in 13 and 1 point from the last 15. Very much relegation form and going by reports we aren’t close to coming out of this shocking form anytime soon.

Our form is in our own hands. We all just need to see but Montrose are now the form team with 15/15 points lately so hard to see past them now

5 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Our form is in our own hands. We all just need to see but Montrose are now the form team with 15/15 points lately so hard to see past them now

Only 12/15.

8 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Home banker if yesterday's performance is anything to go by, our season is over, marking time to the end of the season, mathematically involvement with both promotion and relegation playoffs is possible but I think Brechin and Stenny will still occupy the bottom two slots at the end of the year and East fife and Montrose to be Fourth and Fifth

Wonder about the effect on teams who are "safe" or assured of a place in the playoffs now that the championship race is over. DC spoke about the next few games as a winding down exercise. It could be argued Arbroath will still be going for maximum points but I doubt the pedal will be to the metal. Thankfully the playoffs are structured in such a way as to give an advantage to the higher placed teams, which should keep things interesting. 

Edited by Brummo
Grammar

The result yesterday consigns us to fourth at best, barring a mathematically possible but unlikely twenty plus goal win.

I really hope that this Saturday's game against Forfar, Montrose will be at the top of their game. 

I'm speculating but Jim Weir probably has good reason for relishing victory over Montrose, following the Kenny Black debacle.  He is a very capable manager and has put together a very good team at Forfar.

That fourth playoff spot is ours to lose, so just gonnae no dae that.

Astute tactical, fighting performance from SP and the Mo. please. Get something from this game and we are almost there, barring a cave in against Raith Rovers.

On 22/04/2019 at 05:39, Brummo said:

The result yesterday consigns us to fourth at best, barring a mathematically possible but unlikely twenty plus goal win.

I really hope that this Saturday's game against Forfar, Montrose will be at the top of their game. 

I'm speculating but Jim Weir probably has good reason for relishing victory over Montrose, following the Kenny Black debacle.  He is a very capable manager and has put together a very good team at Forfar.

That fourth playoff spot is ours to lose, so just gonnae no dae that.

Astute tactical, fighting performance from SP and the Mo. please. Get something from this game and we are almost there, barring a cave in against Raith Rovers.

Now that you’re there too I can imagine Saturday being a pre-season friendly type of game. 

Who do you want in the play-offs?

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Now that you’re there too I can imagine Saturday being a pre-season friendly type of game. 

Who do you want in the play-offs?

I'm not too confident about facing any of the championship sides but I'd personally like Partick as I've never been to their ground and I fancy a day out in Glasgow. 

55 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm not too confident about facing any of the championship sides but I'd personally like Partick as I've never been to their ground and I fancy a day out in Glasgow. 

Going by the form guide you’d be better with QoS.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Do Forfar fans have any preference for being home or away in the 1st leg, or is 2nd place all about the extra £19k it generates?

The 20k is  important to us, also the matchday hospitality - bonus big crowd etc

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Do Forfar fans have any preference for being home or away in the 1st leg, or is 2nd place all about the extra £19k it generates?

The money and the hospitality is a big factor. Just have a worry we produce one of our regular Starks Park horror shows and the second leg is beyond us despite our home record.

On 28/04/2019 at 22:29, nofixedability said:

The money and the hospitality is a big factor. Just have a worry we produce one of our regular Starks Park horror shows and the second leg is beyond us despite our home record.

Another 4-0 would do nicely. If we managed that i’d maybe be confident our dodgy away form wouldn’t scupper us.