CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

41 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Brilliant from Alloa, looking like a Partick v Forfar shootout at Firhill!!

Thistle are away at Ross County on Saturday...I would love them to come down, as one of my pals supports them. 

42 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's anyone's guess who will take part in the 9th v 4th match but I can say with a fair degree of confidence that Forfar will make the final...

A recent knack of results on the road gives me slightly more confidence. Granted we are absolutely pish at Station Park. If we get through that with a draw I’d like to think we would get the job done in Kirkcaldy. 

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

A recent knack of results on the road gives me slightly more confidence. Granted we are absolutely pish at Station Park. If we get through that with a draw I’d like to think we would get the job done in Kirkcaldy. 

The prophet has spoken! 

Get some promotion photies dug out Wardy. :D

13 hours ago, Wardy said:

It's our record at Station Park that kind of makes me think we would be better off finishing 3rd and playing them at home first. If we can get a win under our belts at home then at least we go there with something to hold onto. 

If we're going to do anything in the playoffs, we're basically reliant on the home game. We've only managed to get 2 draws (Forfar and Airdrie) in playoff games away from home with 3 defeats (Stirling, Hibs, Alloa). We took Forfar to bits earlier in the season at Starks but that's a distant memory now (we also had Vaughan as a sub). I've got absolutely no belief we'll get anything positive from Station Park. It's probably only behind Inverness as a stadium where we never seem to get results.

If we're going to do anything in the playoffs, we're basically reliant on the home game. We've only managed to get 2 draws (Forfar and Airdrie) in playoff games away from home with 3 defeats (Stirling, Hibs, Alloa). We took Forfar to bits earlier in the season at Starks but that's a distant memory now (we also had Vaughan as a sub). I've got absolutely no belief we'll get anything positive from Station Park. It's probably only behind Inverness as a stadium where we never seem to get results.

I was at that Airdrie away play-off. Although we got a draw we were never in danger of pulling back the 0-2 home defeat and Airdrie were comfortable. They went 3-0 ahead on aggregate early on in that game and it was a late equaliser when they were home and hosed.

The other draw was at Brechin. Who then relegated us at Starks.

We might just about manage to struggle past Forfar over two legs if we can limit the damage in the away fixture.

East Fife to relegate Morton or the likes in the other tie to set up a Fife Derby with the Fife. Of course we all know what will undoubtedly happen there, but at least we can console ourselves with having reached our first ever play-off final.

I love the impact playoffs have had on our league.

Right now with 4 games to go,  3 (4 if you count dumbarton...i think they are safe now) are still punching to avoid automatic and playoff relegation, and 3 of us are still tustling for play-off places.  6 out of 10 with all to play for

Championship - anyone of the bottom five could realistically end up in a relegation/playoff fight, thats half the league!

Realistically of the two league only really Dunfermline and Dumbarton are not in some sort of promotion/ relegation scenario

Edited by FullTimePint

1 hour ago, FullTimePint said:

Realistically of the two league only really Dunfermline and Dumbarton are not in some sort of promotion/ relegation scenario

It's around now that we string some results together and make a late surge for the playoffs mate :)

3 hours ago, Silverton End said:

It's around now that we string some results together and make a late surge for the playoffs mate :)

Just don't expect to ever do anything in them though with Jim 'we're just happy to be here' Duffy at the helm. The (very slim) chance of Morton getting relegated by your mob and him of all managers would at least be interesting for the Chernobyl-grade meltdowns in the Morton end though, yours truly included. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Just don't expect to ever do anything in them though with Jim 'we're just happy to be here' Duffy at the helm. The (very slim) chance of Morton getting relegated by your mob and him of all managers would at least be interesting for the Chernobyl-grade meltdowns in the Morton end though, yours truly included. 

Don't you miss the short trip across the Erskine Bridge? :P

Not a chance we'll be in the playoffs, I'll just be happy for The Sons to be  in League 1 next season after a disastrous 6 months.

Johansson was a strange appointment tbh, seems out of his depth, Ton are the lowest scorers in The Championship, only 3 points above 9th place, he may well take you back down to the seaside this summer.

Montrose now in the driving seat. I still think there is a chance of a few more twists to come in this battle! Well I hope more than anything 🤞🏽
You'll need to put some results together then because if Montrose are in front going into the last round of fixtures it's all over.