CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

5 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Maybe I didn't explain it very well but I've seen the lot 4 times this season apart from Airdrie and Raith(still to play)and there is no outstanding team in any of them,I reckon the Championship team will win the playoffs,but time will tell.

Fair enough, I'm not convinced how teams played against Stranraer is a brilliant barometer though.

FWIW I don't think you particularly need to be an outstanding side to get through the play-offs, better to be in form at the right time and get the breaks.

Edited by nofixedability

Just now, nofixedability said:

Fair enough, I'm not convinced how teams played against Stranraer is a brilliant barometer though.

FWIW I don't think you particularly need to be an outstanding side to get through the play-offs.

Surely if your a Stranraer supporter it's the only form  you can go on.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Whoever thinks we're magically going to string 5 wins together when we haven't done so for about a decade is smoking some good shit and should slide into my DMs with a time and meeting place so that I can also smoke some of this shit.

The last time we won 5 consecutive league matches was March/April 2007. 

39 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Maybe I didn't explain it very well but I've seen the lot 4 times this season apart from Airdrie and Raith(still to play)and there is no outstanding team in any of them,I reckon the Championship team will win the playoffs,but time will tell.

Christ, we score 12 goals in four games and he's still not happy,

Spoiler

Joking obviously. We've been leaky as f**k against Stranraer this season for some reason.

38 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Exactly. We've won 3/6 against Championship teams in one of games this season. The three we lost were all by a single goal. Considering one of those was a defeat in Dingwall, we've got a 60% win rate against teams who could realistically be in the play-off place. The teams at the bottom of the Championship are not as good as some pepople are making out. Not suprised it's Car54, who seems to think there's a gaping chasm between places 22 and 23 in Scottish football for some bizarre reason.

Not surprised it's fans of teams who are in the playoff contention who are shouting my post down,never really said there was a gap between the bottom of the championship and League 1 but it's only my opinion that the team from the championship will prevail,calm your skin.

Not surprised it's fans of teams who are in the playoff contention who are shouting my post down,never really said there was a gap between the bottom of the championship and League 1 but it's only my opinion that the team from the championship will prevail,calm your skin.
I'm not sure what makes you think I'm not calm. I don't think East Fife will go up. My point was weren't you also running around saying Arbroath will do a Brechin as well? Seems to be a particular thing you have a bee in your bonnet about.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:
11 minutes ago, Car54wherareyou said:

I'm not sure what makes you think I'm not calm. I don't think East Fife will go up. My point was weren't you also running around saying Arbroath will do a Brechin as well? Seems to be a particular thing you have a bee in your bonnet about.

Nope not guilty fella,never mentioned Arbroath,they are the best in this League and best of luck to them,a couple of shrewd signings and they could do okay,but if the League 1 side manage to win the play offs I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong,no problems.

Nope not guilty fella,never mentioned Arbroath,they are the best in this League and best of luck to them,a couple of shrewd signings and they could do okay,but if the League 1 side manage to win the play offs I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong,no problems.
Ah right, might have been a case of mistaken identity then. Oops.

I’m surprised you want to get involved in this playground nonsense, especially as you seem to have totally missed my points. Not for one minute do I think East Fife should be beating all the other diddies (a phrase I have never used on here). I just don’t believe that losing to Brechin one week automatically means you are going to get humped by Raith the next. One game has no relevance on the other. I also don’t believe that if East Fife miss out on the play offs that it will mean this season has been a good one (read your own post on the other thread.
What I do think is that East Fife have played beyond their means this season, through a massive amount of luck, some excellent individual perforamnces in isolated games, the group being better than the sum of its individual parts and some clever management and recruitment. For what it is worth, I think East Fife will still be in this Division next season and it will be difficult to achieve what they have this season again.

I was having a laugh pal. The statement I made was just the most optimistic thing I could think of.

I am probably the most optimistic person on this. Remember last season when panic stations came in I was saying how it was actually a decent season going by history of positioning. The start of this season was the same. This season has massively outdone what I could have expected though!!

6 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

This. The Championship will rightly be favourites but momentum and a winning habit can make a big difference. It wouldn’t be a massive shock if the League One side went up. 

Had a very quick look back (so may be wrong) but I believe the League One side has won the play offs on 10 of the 13 years since it was introduced. And even one of the years they didn’t they still went up (Airdrie). 

Not sure why you keep using 'the League One side' when three of them actually take part in the play-offs every season. That League One v Championship record is exactly what you'd expect then - the Championship side should be relegated in three of every four playoffs. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Not sure why you keep using 'the League One side' when three of them actually take part in the play-offs every season. That League One v Championship record is exactly what you'd expect then - the Championship side should be relegated in three of every four playoffs. 

It was in agreement with someone who had said ‘any of the league 1 teams are more than capable of beating the 9th placed championship side.’ Which is exactly my point. There is no notable advantage or trend of the Championship team being stronger. The play offs at this level are a fairly level playing field. 

However, every single year people tend to claim that the Championship side will be too strong for the League One sides. When I’m actual fact that is rarely the case.

14 hours ago, Gordon EF said:
15 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Ah right, might have been a case of mistaken identity then. Oops.

15 hours ago, Gordon EF said:
15 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Car54 does have a bit of a bee in his bonnet about it tbh.

I've mentioned it a few times over the last week or so, he's very interested in thinking everyone, and I quote, "will do a Brechin".

a point i alluded to before, are teams  of allowed to be excited at the thought of a playoff? Duking it out at the right end for a something still to play for?

Everyone thought livi  would horse stranraer a few years ago in the playoffs and look how that panned out. I assume you were keeping everything crossed in the final penalty shootout that Stranraer would miss, so they wouldn't have to embarrass themselves by going up, getting a handful of points and coming straight back down?

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++
Spelling

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I've mentioned it a few times over the last week or so, he's very interested in thinking everyone, and I quote, "will do a Brechin".

a point i alluded to before, are teams  of allowed to be excited at the thought of a playoff? Duking it out at the right end for a something still to play for?

Everyone thought livi  would horse stranraer a few years ago in the playoffs and look how that panned out. I assume you were keeping everything crossed in the final penalty shootout that Stranraer would miss, so they wouldn't have to embarrass themselves by going up, getting a handful of points and coming straight back down?

Looks like opinions aren't allowed anymore on a football forum.:huh:

On 4/8/2019 at 08:53, Old Diamond said:

Looking more and more like Falkirk will be the Championship representative in the playoffs, would be a nice rekindling of old rivalry if we could scrape it, but I think realistically we blew it on Saturday, come on Airdrie prove me wrong!!!

I would fancy Raith or Forfar to give Falkirk a decent game in the playoffs, if you take rudden out they are nothing special, i suspect they may actually be a league 1 team next year

10 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

For the other league 1 teams, aye. Speaking as a Raith fan, after 1 win in 10 play off ties we've been involved with, not so much. More a kind of low key dread as to how we'll embarrass ourselves this time.