CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

2 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Goal difference is correct. emoji23.png sorry it was all to get my head around how close it was.
Goal difference could end up being a key factor on end of season positions emoji102.png

It's actually obvious...I'm such a plum. 

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

4. East Fife - 45
5. Montrose - 44
6. Airdrie - 42
7. Dumbarton - 38

Fixtures:
East Fife - Montrose(H), Dumbarton(A), Stenhousemuir(H), Forfar(A)
Montrose - East Fife(A), Airdrie(H), Forfar(A), Raith Rovers(H)
Airdrie - Stenhousemuir(H), Montrose(A), Arbroath(H), Stranraer(A)
Dumbarton - Forfar(A), East Fife(H), Stranraer(H), Arbroath(A)

Realistically, I think Dumbarton are out of it. Even if they pick up the full 12 points, they'd need East Fife to pick up less than 6/9, Montrose to pick up less than 7/12 and Airdrie to pick up less than 9/12. I just think the odds that dumbarton have a flawless finish while all three of the teams above them stutter is pretty unlikely.

On paper Montrose have the toughest run in. However, two games against their challengers then two games against sides potentially with their feet up waiting for the play-offs doesn't seem to bad to me. Not much in the fixtures to me. This league is so tight, it's always ridiculous trying to predict who'll beat who down the line and every team is playing at least one game against the top 3 who should have nothing to play for by that point, so a lot could depend on how up for it they are.

EF actually play Stenhousemuir Away and For far at Home.

Goal difference is correct. [emoji23] sorry it was all to get my head around how close it was.
Goal difference could end up being a key factor on end of season positions [emoji102]
Where's 7eleven with all these ifs buts and maybes? Can't have that , positives only!

3 hours ago, smuggfifer said:
4 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Goal difference is correct. emoji23.png sorry it was all to get my head around how close it was.
Goal difference could end up being a key factor on end of season positions emoji102.png

Where's 7eleven with all these ifs buts and maybes? Can't have that , positives only!

He's away drowning his sorrows with Frank.

Just as well they did away with Happy Hour with those two.

The late kick off on Alba may give us a wee edge, especially if EF drop points, but given how we have lost twice to Stenny I will not be putting money on a home win.  It does look as if Dumbarton are out of the running which shows you how weird all these recent results have been.  Given how tight it also is in the Championship bottom three then it could be a close run thing for whoever finishes fourth. I am just glad we appear to have escaped the trap door? My instinct is that East fife will steady their ship(train) and clinch fourth place.  

You can write Dumbarton out of challenging for 4th. They would need to win 4 games (against us is a gimme though) and have every other result go for them. Just as well really as they were motoring up the table just a few weeks back.

This Saturday is massive for both ourselves and Montrose. A win for us would give us a cushion again considering that Montrose play Airdrie the week after. Our form is terrible, I think it’s now just 1 win in 13 but if we can grind out enough points over the next 4 to scrape into the play offs it will be a very good season.

36 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

You can write Dumbarton out of challenging for 4th. They would need to win 4 games (against us is a gimme though) and have every other result go for them. Just as well really as they were motoring up the table just a few weeks back.

This Saturday is massive for both ourselves and Montrose. A win for us would give us a cushion again considering that Montrose play Airdrie the week after. Our form is terrible, I think it’s now just 1 win in 13 but if we can grind out enough points over the next 4 to scrape into the play offs it will be a very good season.

That means you'll beat us at the Rock, then, doesn't it? (Given the way results this season have gone all round.)

Looking more and more like Falkirk will be the Championship representative in the playoffs, would be a nice rekindling of old rivalry if we could scrape it, but I think realistically we blew it on Saturday, come on Airdrie prove me wrong!!!

Having watched Forfar on Saturday you couldn't really throw a blanket over any of the the play off hopefuls,the best team at Stair pk lately have been Dumbarton:lol:In danger of repeating myself if the Championship team can't beat a playoff team in League 1 this season then I give up.

Looking more and more like Falkirk will be the Championship representative in the playoffs, would be a nice rekindling of old rivalry if we could scrape it, but I think realistically we blew it on Saturday, come on Airdrie prove me wrong!!!

Falkirk are more likely to finish 10th than anywhere else now; everyone has got a game in hand and Alloa in particular have got a much easier run-in than them as well.

I wouldn’t trust any of the sides in the bottom of the Championship to get through four playoff games without making an arse of it.

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

In danger of repeating myself if the Championship team can't beat a playoff team in League 1 this season then I give up.

Both Raith and East Fife (particularly) have had good results against Championship teams this season in the cups, 9th placed team will start favourites but not sure it is as simple as you think.

Having watched Forfar on Saturday you couldn't really throw a blanket over any of the the play off hopefuls,the best team at Stair pk lately have been Dumbarton[emoji38]In danger of repeating myself if the Championship team can't beat a playoff team in League 1 this season then I give up.
Any of the League 1 teams are more than capable of beating the 9th placed Championship team. They will most likely be going into the game in better form, they will be buyoyed by making the playoffs whilst the 9th placed team will be dejected and facing a potential relegation. Alloa are probably the only team who wouldn't go into the games with their heads down given that 9th could be considered a reasonably successful outcome with them being the only part-time team. The pressure is on the Championship team to stay up, they will be nervous.

If the Championship team tries to shitfest their way through the playoffs ala Stevie Aitken's Dumbarton side then they will be sent packing IMO.

32 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Both Raith and East Fife (particularly) have had good results against Championship teams this season in the cups, 9th placed team will start favourites but not sure it is as simple as you think.

Exactly. We've won 3/6 against Championship teams in one of games this season. The three we lost were all by a single goal. Considering one of those was a defeat in Dingwall, we've got a 60% win rate against teams who could realistically be in the play-off place. The teams at the bottom of the Championship are not as good as some pepople are making out. Not suprised it's Car54, who seems to think there's a gaping chasm between places 22 and 23 in Scottish football for some bizarre reason.

30 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Maybe I didn't explain it very well but I've seen the lot 4 times this season apart from Airdrie and Raith(still to play)and there is no outstanding team in any of them,I reckon the Championship team will win the playoffs,but time will tell.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Any of the League 1 teams are more than capable of beating the 9th placed Championship team. They will most likely be going into the game in better form, they will be buyoyed by making the playoffs whilst the 9th placed team will be dejected and facing a potential relegation. Alloa are probably the only team who wouldn't go into the games with their heads down given that 9th could be considered a reasonably successful outcome with them being the only part-time team. The pressure is on the Championship team to stay up, they will be nervous.

If the Championship team tries to shitfest their way through the playoffs ala Stevie Aitken's Dumbarton side then they will be sent packing IMO.

This. The Championship will rightly be favourites but momentum and a winning habit can make a big difference. It wouldn’t be a massive shock if the League One side went up. 

Had a very quick look back (so may be wrong) but I believe the League One side has won the play offs on 10 of the 13 years since it was introduced. And even one of the years they didn’t they still went up (Airdrie). 

Those stats alongside our 1 win in 10 play off ties are bound to make encouraging reading for Forfar fans.