CHAMPIONSHIP Play Off Run in

So I thought a thread on this would be quite good fun.

Forfar and Raith both have this tied up.

However fourth spot has technically got 4 teams still chasing it.

I have written down each teams run in and maximum points.

It’s going to go right down to the wire with each team playing at least one of the others! Lose that and your chances have been blown.

[attachment=220504:IMG_3977.jpg

It’s going to go right down to the wire with each team playing at least one of the others! Lose that and your chances have been blown.

Have a greenie for going full analogue with a pen and a piece of paper. I respect that.

"
It’s going to go right down to the wire with each team playing at least one of the others! Lose that and your chances have been blown."

Ooh Scott , you will be getting 7eleven chapping at your door about negativity! Do you know it's not allowed here. Now go and correct yourself.
100 lines,
I must not be negative, I must be positive.

4. East Fife - 45
5. Montrose - 44
6. Airdrie - 42
7. Dumbarton - 38

Fixtures:
East Fife - Montrose(H), Dumbarton(A), Stenhousemuir(H), Forfar(A)
Montrose - East Fife(A), Airdrie(H), Forfar(A), Raith Rovers(H)
Airdrie - Stenhousemuir(H), Montrose(A), Arbroath(H), Stranraer(A)
Dumbarton - Forfar(A), East Fife(H), Stranraer(H), Arbroath(A)

Realistically, I think Dumbarton are out of it. Even if they pick up the full 12 points, they'd need East Fife to pick up less than 6/9, Montrose to pick up less than 7/12 and Airdrie to pick up less than 9/12. I just think the odds that dumbarton have a flawless finish while all three of the teams above them stutter is pretty unlikely.

On paper Montrose have the toughest run in. However, two games against their challengers then two games against sides potentially with their feet up waiting for the play-offs doesn't seem to bad to me. Not much in the fixtures to me. This league is so tight, it's always ridiculous trying to predict who'll beat who down the line and every team is playing at least one game against the top 3 who should have nothing to play for by that point, so a lot could depend on how up for it they are.

17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

4. East Fife - 45
5. Montrose - 44
6. Airdrie - 42
7. Dumbarton - 38

Fixtures:
East Fife - Montrose(H), Dumbarton(A), Stenhousemuir(H), Forfar(A)
Montrose - East Fife(A), Airdrie(H), Forfar(A), Raith Rovers(H)
Airdrie - Stenhousemuir(H), Montrose(A), Arbroath(H), Stranraer(A)
Dumbarton - Forfar(A), East Fife(H), Stranraer(H), Arbroath(A)

Realistically, I think Dumbarton are out of it. Even if they pick up the full 12 points, they'd need East Fife to pick up less than 6/9, Montrose to pick up less than 7/12 and Airdrie to pick up less than 9/12. I just think the odds that dumbarton have a flawless finish while all three of the teams above them stutter is pretty unlikely.

On paper Montrose have the toughest run in. However, two games against their challengers then two games against sides potentially with their feet up waiting for the play-offs doesn't seem to bad to me. Not much in the fixtures to me. This league is so tight, it's always ridiculous trying to predict who'll beat who down the line and every team is playing at least one game against the top 3 who should have nothing to play for by that point, so a lot could depend on how up for it they are.

This is all very well, but where's the fecking picture?!?!

2 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:
11 minutes ago, G_&_T said:
Am I being a bit thick?! I was wondering what the positive/negative numbers to the top right of each club's current points denotes...

Aye , you're being thick,goal difference maybe?

:lol::lol::lol: Aye...