Ayr v Queens

On a completely different note. I was standing for food at HT (in a massive queue) and an Ayr fan approached me and said there was another shop. I thought he was at it and my face must have showed as he told me to follow him. Went to the home end where there was a shop and no one there. Good guy. I was standing waiting for my pal at the bottom of the steps and 3 stewards were eyeballing me. I expected the usual pish from them but one came up and actually had a blether about how long the journey was. Good to see stewards with common sense as well. Maybe Ayrshire isn't as bad as everyone makes out [emoji14]
I live our old stand, and the fact that there's wee nooks and crannies where you can find extra amenities.

I have always stood on the terrace but recently my auld dad goes into the stand and so I usually go with him now.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he out of contract with Livingston? Wouldn’t be against us taking a punt on him if so. 

I’m pretty sure that McCall said when he signed that he was here for till the end of the season but they would see what happens at the end of the season.

Is he out of contract with Livingston? Wouldn’t be against us taking a punt on him if so. 

I’m pretty sure that McCall said when he signed that he was here for till the end of the season but they would see what happens at the end of the season.

Yeah I think he’s out of contract in the summer.

If he plays like he did yesterday I’d definitely have him back next season.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

On a completely different note. I was standing for food at HT (in a massive queue) and an Ayr fan approached me and said there was another shop. I thought he was at it and my face must have showed as he told me to follow him. Went to the home end where there was a shop and no one there. Good guy. I was standing waiting for my pal at the bottom of the steps and 3 stewards were eyeballing me. I expected the usual pish from them but one came up and actually had a blether about how long the journey was. Good to see stewards with common sense as well. Maybe Ayrshire isn't as bad as everyone makes out emoji14.png

If an Ayr fan had led you to a food stall 3 or 4 years ago you'd be on here calling him an uber c**t.

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I think he’s out of contract in the summer.

If he plays like he did yesterday I’d definitely have him back next season.

Aye McCall defintely said something along the lines of seeing what happened in the summer when he signed.  I'd take him for sure based on what ive seen (wage dependant of course)

I'm sure we could match Livi's wage unless they're fiddling the books again.

If we somehow managed to finish 2nd, the prize money would basically pay  for the player budget,  if  it's  true it's around 500k.

Can't find this year's figures but 4th place was worth 308k, 3rd won 379k and 2nd place got 450k. 70k a place between 2nd and 4th basically so in terms of funds for next season the remaining games are significant. 7th-10th ranged from 200k down to 160k so would suggest we are well ahead of where we planned to be financially this season.

Strangely it was announced for last season only on 5th April. Hard to understand how it is not know in advance but I can't find it anywhere either. Perhaps it is similarly to be announced any day now. But for the 2017/18 League season it was:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/record-prize-money-for-spfl-clubs

Championship
1st - £533,000 (2.25%)
2nd - £450,000 (1.9%)
3rd - £379,000 (1.6%)
4th - £308,000 (1.3%)
5th - £237,000 (1.0%)
6th - £213,000 (0.9%)
7th - £201,000 (0.85%)
8th - £190,000 (0.80%)
9th - £178,000 (0.75%)
10th - £166,000 (0.7%)

So £83,000 extra for winning it, then a standard £71,000 extra for each place within  the play-off positions and then  reducing more slowly.  Total prize money for the top four is 40% more than the bottom six put together. 

14 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I'm sure we could match Livi's wage unless they're fiddling the books again.

If we somehow managed to finish 2nd, the prize money would basically pay  for the player budget,  if  it's  true it's around 500k.

I posted the prize money payouts from the official SFA site last week but that doesn't include additional sums for TV etc.

Edit : Should have read through the rest of the thread before posting !!!

Archived