Ayr v Queens

40 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

It does seem odd, particularly as over the last 16 to 17 years Ayr have not really been on our radar. If they were,  then we were usually taking points off of them. 

Times change though and I do not grudge them a day in the sun, so to speak. 

Plenty of sun for you lot next season when you're travailing the seaside league.

Get doon.

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A bunch of children doing childish things and  singing songs with sweary words in it about Ayr hardly constitutes bitter rivalry. 

Black and white b*****ds we don’t care. f**k your Ayr United. 

Doubt we will be in the seaside league next season but you never know. On the subject of derbies, we don't have any obvious rivals. Geographically it should be Annan but most Queens fans actually have a soft spot for them, unlike the bile routinely spewed over Gretna during their short lived existence. As for Tues night looking forward to having a few beers prior to visiting your ramshackle ground. He cannae beat e guide auld fashioned grun.

On the subject of derbies, we don't have any obvious rivals. Geographically it should be Annan but most Queens fans actually have a soft spot for them, unlike the bile routinely spewed over Gretna during their short lived existence.

Don’t know how long you’ve been following Queens but for as long as I can remember Stranraer have traditionally been our obvious rivals!!

I can’t say I regard Ayr as any sort of derby rival. I’m sure that feeling is largely mutual. In all honesty I’d be happy if they got promoted this year. From what I’ve seen they play decent football and have had some excellent results like their demolition of United at Tannadice where they were superb. If they could be kind enough to play poorly tomorrow such that we get 3 points that would be just fine too [emoji106][emoji102]

Don’t know how long you’ve been following Queens but for as long as I can remember Stranraer have traditionally been our obvious rivals!!
Aye it's always been Stranraer outwith the Gr£tna years. But even that isn't really a Derby now as they haven't been on the same level as us for quite some time. It would be good if Annan could get to a similar level but I still don't think there would be that 'hate' between us.

Ayr isn't a Derby and the only reason I like them in our division is because it's a relatively close away ground. The same reason I'd really like Hamilton to come down.

We really need to win this and I think we will just edge it. We are lacking creativity in the final third and need to go with a more attacking lineup rather than two ball winners in centre mid and a defensive winger.

At home it is too negative and we are struggling to score due to this, as teams are just sitting deep and hitting us on the break.

1-0 Ayr (Shankland).

LINEUP111554717523731.png

Edited by Honest_Ally

We really need to win this and I think we will just edge it. We are lacking creativity in the final third and need to go with a more attacking lineup rather than two ball winners in centre mid and a defensive winger.
At home it is too negative and we are struggling to score due to this, as teams are just sitting deep and hitting us on the break.
1-0 Ayr (Shankland).
LINEUP111554717523731.thumb.png.810decee31f17a48be146996c4bc9292.png
I wouldn't say we played negatively on Saturday, that was one of the best performances I've seen from us at home since earlier in the season. Helped that Inverness came and had ago but unfortunately QOTS will probably sit in and soak up the pressure

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:
12 minutes ago, Honest_Ally said:
1-0 Ayr (Shankland).
LINEUP111554717523731.thumb.png.810decee31f17a48be146996c4bc9292.png

I wouldn't say we played negatively on Saturday, that was one of the best performances I've seen from us at home since earlier in the season. Helped that Inverness came and had ago but unfortunately QOTS will probably sit in and soak up the pressure

I don't think we played negatively either we tried to get forward and win the game, but as you said ICT had a go first half at least and I don't think Queens will. 

3 out of 4 midfielders being defensive minded at home when we are struggling to win games is still quite negative though and why we aren't scoring many goals.

I don't think we played negatively either we tried to get forward and win the game, but as you said ICT had a go first half at least and I don't think Queens will. 
3 out of 4 midfielders being defensive minded at home when we are struggling to win games is still quite negative though and why we aren't scoring many goals.
Agreed about the midfield but something McCall is rigid to and won't change. Took him to ten minutes to go on Saturday until he played with two wingers.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Ally said:

Agreed about the midfield but something McCall is rigid to and won't change. Took him to ten minutes to go on Saturday until he played with two wingers.

Yeah that's true I don't see him changing it either, especially as he still seemed reluctant to even when we were behind.

I would start with closer to the team that finished the last game. I'd rather go out and try and score then make defensive changes if need be, than start off more conservative and end up conceding anyway.

Edited by Honest_Ally

Dunno about Shankland but Dobbie certainly hasn't. We've been set up recently to hinder him rather than help. I put his lack of recent goals (open play) down to Naysmith's line-ups rather than Dobbie losing any form. Playing him as a lone striker is absolutely criminal.  

He’s scored 40 goals as the lone striker this season. Dykes has almost always played in behind him, like he did on Saturday before KJ was subbed off.

He’s scored 40 goals as the lone striker this season. Dykes has almost always played in behind him, like he did on Saturday before KJ was subbed off.
No he hasn't. We've had Dykes leading the line plenty of times and the pair of them being closer. It's no coincidence we've been less threatening when Dobbie has been left isolated.