Ayr v Queens

I’m debating whether or not I drive down from Edinburgh for this one.

If we play like we did on Saturday I can see us getting the win. Equally we’re a bit bereft of ideas when teams park the bus, which Queens have done to us already this season. Would love it if this was the game that things clicked again for our front men.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

He’s scored 40 goals as the lone striker this season. Dykes has almost always played in behind him, like he did on Saturday before KJ was subbed off.

No he hasn't. We've had Dykes leading the line plenty of times and the pair of them being closer. It's no coincidence we've been less threatening when Dobbie has been left isolated.

nearly every game this season dykes has played in behind, cant mind last time he was right uptops always the one dropping into midfield when defending aswell.

I'm hoping that Cadden and Miller are given another chance tonight, however I'm thinking that it will be Crawford and McDaid who are more likely to start.

If Forrest is Ok, I'd also be looking to give him a start as we need to start creating more chances and Kerr is also a must for the middle of the park.

Despite the poor form of both Queens and ourselves, Queens remain one of the best sides I've seen this season so I'm expecting a very tough match whatever happens.......

nearly every game this season dykes has played in behind, cant mind last time he was right uptops always the one dropping into midfield when defending aswell.
Lone striker is different to having someone in behind though. Too often Dobbs has been isolated up front and it doesn't work.

I'd ring the changes for this to make sure we don't have a burnout effect for Friday night.

Doohan
Geggan Muirhead Adams Harvie
McDaid Docherty Kerr Crawford
Forrest Moore/Moffat

Subs: Hare-Reid, Smith, Bell, Murdoch, Cadden, Miller, Shankland

Not exactly optimistic for this as the atmosphere will be as flat as a pancake with it being a Tuesday night and Queens will inevitably sit in and let us have all the ball which as we know leads to nothing.

The most concerning thing though is the goals have dried up, 2 goals in our last four games.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is the suggestion Shankland be benched by a few Ayr fans just some weird sense of humour thing?

He's not looked anything like 100% fit in recent weeks and his movement doesn't seem quite as good. Having said that, he's still making runs and is still good at holding the ball up and laying it off but he just doesn't quite look the same player as he was prior to his injury.

I'd also say that if we were to play with Cadden and Miller wide like we did on Saturday, then the likes of Moore would have plenty of service to do what he does best and that's stick it in the net but again if we play the slow build up through the centre then Moore is basically a waste of a jersey.

Lots of options and also lots of tough decisions for McCall to make, but then that's his job and what we pay him for...........

Is the suggestion Shankland be benched by a few Ayr fans just some weird sense of humour thing?
It's more for energy purposes since we play again Friday night but he hasn't looked anywhere near fit this half of the season. I'm beginning to get the feeling his injury hasn't healed and he's maybe battling though before needing surgery at the end of the season or something

He looks burned out, and with all the games he may need a rest to help any niggles he’s carrying. Never fault his effort but it’s just not happening for him just now, for whatever reason.

That said, he’ll probably bang in a few goals in the next few games to make me look like a fanny.

If he's battling through an injury then I take my hat off to him. There's no reason for him to push it with a move almost a certainty so it's good to see a player still giving their all. Similar to Todd and Dykes in our case.

Hopefully he plays and has another off night tonight and is back on fire against Thistle :D

If he's battling through an injury then I take my hat off to him. There's no reason for him to push it with a move almost a certainty so it's good to see a player still giving their all. Similar to Todd and Dykes in our case.

Hopefully he plays and has another off night tonight and is back on fire against Thistle [emoji3]

As I say, no one has outright said he has an injury - could just absolutely burst after a long couple seasons without any real rest period. Either way, I don’t think anyone would question is effort or attitude for the team.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you have to pay for parking at the ground? Heard the fair/the shows are on at the pitches I usually park at.

If the usual field for parking is unavailable I usually park at the racecourse or Tescos.  A wee bit further to walk mind.  I'm sure the car park at the ground is,  or used to be for permit or pass holders only,  I've been turned away from parking there before but maybe changed now. 

Do you have to pay for parking at the ground? Heard the fair/the shows are on at the pitches I usually park at.

If the usual field for parking is unavailable I usually park at the racecourse or Tescos.  A wee bit further to walk mind.  I'm sure the car park at the ground is,  or used to be for permit or pass holders only,  I've been turned away from parking there before but maybe changed now. 

I’ve not had a permit for a few seasons now but I’m sure that’s still the case. I usually park on Hawkhill Avenue.