Ayr v Queens

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Yep I'm really, deeply worried about the form of our 40 goal striker.

When did Dobbie last score in open play ? Was it a way back in Jan  up at Aberdeen surely you have to be worried for me he is trying to hard to score 

This thread should have been called "The two prolific strikers who have turned shite"

Dunno about Shankland but Dobbie certainly hasn't. We've been set up recently to hinder him rather than help. I put his lack of recent goals (open play) down to Naysmith's line-ups rather than Dobbie losing any form. Playing him as a lone striker is absolutely criminal.

Shankland has been anonymous against us this season, Ayr have yet to beat us this season, Ayr haven't won at Somerset park since January.

2-0 Ayr: Shankland double. Stick on.

Another hard game.We looked a very tired team against Morton  maybe time to freshing the team up .
It is a bit of a worry the form of Dobbie just now he is missing a lot of chances.

Are you ever happy?

When did Dobbie last score in open play ? Was it a way back in Jan  up at Aberdeen surely you have to be worried for me he is trying to hard to score 

I am concerned about numerous aspects of the club. The form of Stephen Dobbie doesn’t even feature in the top 5 million worries.

In terms of team selection I wouldn’t do anything too drastic or change much from today. Bell won’t play according to McCall so I’d expect Adams or Muirhead to come in.

Doohan

Smith
Muirhead/Adams
Rose
Harvie

Geggan
Kerr
Murdoch
Cadden

Shankland
Miller

In terms of team selection I wouldn’t do anything too drastic or change much from today. Bell won’t play according to McCall so I’d expect Adams or Muirhead to come in.

Doohan

Smith
Muirhead/Adams
Rose
Harvie

Geggan
Kerr
Murdoch
Cadden

Shankland
Miller
Who's Miller? A loan signing or a youngster? Why is he getting a game ahead of Moffat? Moffat's easily been Ayr's best striker against us this season.

Who's Miller? A loan signing or a youngster? Why is he getting a game ahead of Moffat? Moffat's easily been Ayr's best striker against us this season.

Calvin Miller on loan from Celtic. He’s a winger but played really well today through the middle next to Shankland.

I’ve no idea if it’ll work in the long run but he was our best player today and worked well with Nicky Cadden who was playing on the wing.

If we are to get to the play-offs, at some point we are going to have to start hitting the back of the net.

Wasn't there today, but it sounds as though it was the same old story. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dunno about Shankland but Dobbie certainly hasn't. We've been set up recently to hinder him rather than help. I put his lack of recent goals (open play) down to Naysmith's line-ups rather than Dobbie losing any form. Playing him as a lone striker is absolutely criminal.

Shankland has been anonymous against us this season, Ayr have yet to beat us this season, Ayr haven't won at Somerset park since January.

2-0 Ayr: Shankland double. Stick on.

Thanks for reminding me we haven't won at Somerset since January,  tbh we've probably not won many games full stop since January.

Archived