Questionnaire Survey for Dissertation

Completed but a bit vague mate. Huge range of options covered by offsite construction and missing out the biggest benefit - coping with the skills shortage.

Aye this is just for a section on the perspective of the public on MMC mate so I didn’t want to get too technical, I’ve covered the benefits and constraints in another section don’t you worry xo

Aye this is just for a section on the perspective of the public on MMC mate so I didn’t want to get too technical, I’ve covered the benefits and constraints in another section don’t you worry xo
When this is all done will you build us a big house where we both can live?

25 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Completed but a bit vague mate. Huge range of options covered by offsite construction and missing out the biggest benefit - coping with the skills shortage.

More jobs to be outsourced abroad then. I'd sooner we kept freedom of movement and they could spend their wages and taxes here. There's a new hotel getting built for Inverness Airport, the 120 bedrooms are being built in Gdansk. I visited a house on the Georgian (US) coast that was put together in a couple of days after the groundwork and stilts (hurricane zone) were complete and two lorries arrived with the 2 stories, already plumbed, wired and decorated, complete with fitted kitchens and bathrooms.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

More jobs to be outsourced abroad then. I'd sooner we kept freedom of movement and they could spend their wages and taxes here. There's a new hotel getting built for Inverness Airport, the 120 bedrooms are being built in Gdansk. I visited a house on the Georgian (US) coast that was put together in a couple of days after the groundwork and stilts (hurricane zone) were complete and two lorries arrived with the 2 stories, already plumbed, wired and decorated, complete with fitted kitchens and bathrooms.

We've got some pretty good companies in Scotland who are way ahead of the game compared to the English. The new Dyson HQ in Swindon was built in Invergordon.

6 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Would the lovely community of P&B please come together and fill in this quick questionnaire on Modern Methods of Construction for part of my dissertation which I’ve left to the last minute. Should only take a couple of minutes to complete x

Link:

https://survey.napier.ac.uk/n/zz543.aspx

I don't fit into any of the categories in Q1 so I can't complete

I’ll add ‘top shagger’ to the list next time.

Nah but seriously just pick one at random anyways x

Is your dissertation based around the house building sector or just construction industry at large?

Is your dissertation based around the house building sector or just construction industry at large?

Bit of both, the main investigation is whether an uptake in offsite construction could be used to help meet the Scottish governments housing target of 50,000 affordable homes by 2021.