Scotland Select v Ireland

RogerDodger

20 hours ago, Redondo said:

The point i was making that its the strongest league so why wouldnt u pick the majority of players from it.

There were good players who were not involved from these teams also but there could be a number of reason why they were not there.

There were a few from Eastfield and there in Scottish semi so obviously a good side.

Sorry point I was making is that regardless of whether the central is the strongest or not the Manager hasn't selected from the top most successful teams with exception of Eastfield? Basically if Colin is just using auld pals act ? You would expect to see a few boys from Bannockburn - no?

I think the complaint that  Bawsoot has raised is that he is ignoring players from Leafa who have performed well. I just think the Manager has an impossible task and as I have said he picks a squad and sticks with it to try and create a club spirit I suspect.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bannockburn r usually well represented , think a couple of the older 1s may have called time on tge international scene. Also 1 or 2 may not have been available this time round, as for LEAFA players , im sure the manager will have watched a few players from through that way.

Sean Smith from pennies has been involved before although after sandys game he never got a sniff, guy is a class act to play beside, wouldn't like to. Play against him that's for sure. 

On 07/04/2019 at 20:10, Dinsey said:

Honestly couldn’t tell you mate because Iv not seen the majority of the boys that are involved to compare with the ones I know. 

I took in Sandys v Pennies a few months ago and the Scotland coach was through for that so they do make the effort. Interestingly none of the players from that game made the squad or even training. Big boy for Pennies was absolutely outstanding and I reckoned he would have had a chance. 

That's my point m8 Scotland coach being there was a token gesture as you say big boy from pennies was a stand out that day from start to finish yet still didn't get a sniff cause he doesn't play in a decent league 

Archived