Scotland Select v Ireland

RogerDodger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope scotland get horsed tomz, for the way they have SHAFTED the boys on Stand by!

How some1 can be drafted into squad who is not even on stand by is appalling from them!

Stinks from top to bottom!
Who got drafted in?

10 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

What I have seen of the squad the csafl pick it anyway so wouldn't be surprised if the boy drafted in plays in csafl 

I think I caught a glimpse of the squad and am I right in thinking the majority is from the central league. Don’t think I saw any Leafa players in there not 100% sure though 

Suppose it depends on the position of who pulled out and if a player was on standby for that position if there was then it stinks to high heaven shame on them if so for building a boys hopes up

5 players on stand by..i am sure there is a forward in amongst them.

They go and take a laddy from Giffnock North instead! 

This shouldnt be allowed to happen...appalling treatment really of stand by guys!

Hope scotland get horsed tomz, for the way they have SHAFTED the boys on Stand by!

How some1 can be drafted into squad who is not even on stand by is appalling from them!

Stinks from top to bottom!

Great post?? Every Select Manager is on a hiding to nothing about who they should have, didn't and do pick. If the Manager has seen a player, whoever it is your greeting about going, recently and possibly even after announcing stand bys it's his decision. To say you wish all the remaining boys to get beat is a 5 year olds response. Dry your eyes.

I think this is almost impossible to please everyone, that said I suspect there are a lot of varying factors, players don't want to play, unavailable due to injuries etc but I think the Scotland manager picks a group and then sticks with them. Normally teams that do well in the majors are well represented but that doesn't appear to be the case this year with a smattering of players from several teams across the leagues and even across the divisions. Personally I think it is always easy to highlight players that miss out as it is all about opinions ?

any way good luck to the boys today and hope they can get a good result.

Guest Mick Kennedy
1 hour ago, RogerDodger said:

This shouldnt be allowed to happen...appalling treatment really of stand by guys!

It’s hard one, I think I would feel let down if I was on stand by. 

The challenge fir any national manager trying to build a club like spirit, the closer you can get the group always helps. I’m sure they have their reasons but if that’s the case don’t have a stand by squad just pick your squad if someone drops out pick someone else at least your not building players hopes up to let them down 

It’s hard one, I think I would feel let down if I was on stand by. 
The challenge fir any national manager trying to build a club like spirit, the closer you can get the group always helps. I’m sure they have their reasons but if that’s the case don’t have a stand by squad just pick your squad if someone drops out pick someone else at least your not building players hopes up to let them down 

Mick as a manager who would quite rightly sell his granny for a win to doubt the Scotland manager for supposedly choosing a player over the stand by is pish. Come on man you would do the same of it meant you would win. That's what makes you a winner. Not bothered doing the right thing to get the win. Support a brother, out your knowledge but.....

Mick as a manager who would quite rightly sell his granny for a win to doubt the Scotland manager for supposedly choosing a player over the stand by is pish. Come on man you would do the same of it meant you would win. That's what makes you a winner. Not bothered doing the right thing to get the win. Support a brother, out your knowledge but.....

Read that back and it makes no sense, or perfect sense...m

Your saying that as if giffnock north are poor?

Guest Mick Kennedy
27 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Not sure what to make of that lol my point is I wouldn’t pick a stand by list unless I intended to use it. I would presume the list had a player to cover each part of the team. 

I see that the replacement player was Serge Makofo from Giffnock North, he’s obviously played his way into the reckoning. The manager etc know their stuff.

i looked at the stand by list and didnt see any wingers there, so Johnny Black for Makofo looks a straight swap

i say that as a big fan of Black, the boy is a real talented player

On 05/04/2019 at 21:08, Bawsoot said:

What I have seen of the squad the csafl pick it anyway so wouldn't be surprised if the boy drafted in plays in csafl 

I know the manager well and can assure he is nothing to do with Csafl  and would not be influenced by anyone , however if any of us were in charge the facts are the best players are in the csafl.

Its all about opinions there are always players in or out squad that cause discussions that’s football we all see things differently.

53 minutes ago, tug said:

I know the manager well and can assure he is nothing to do with Csafl  and would not be influenced by anyone , however if any of us were in charge the facts are the best players are in the csafl.

Its all about opinions there are always players in or out squad that cause discussions that’s football we all see things differently.

What I have seen of the squads  he has picked my opinion is he is influenced by the csafl yes I agree it's probably the best amatuer league there is but let's be honest he hasn't really done all that well since he took over from Bruce there is defiantly better players out there than what is in the squad it looks like an old pals act to me !!

Archived