Airdrie vs. East Fife

Anyone know what Young’s malfunction was?
Tripped Robertson up when he went to take a throw in. Bawbag.
Yep, was standing outside his area, 1 foot from the touchline.
Robertson had stolen a few yards on the throw in because the ball was nowhere near the area when it went out, but Robertson went to run past him taking the shy, and young stuck a leg out to trip him.
Absolute madness from him.

Actually didn't see the incident as my eyes moved to follow the trajectory of the throw in which didn't happen and when I looked back it looked like Robertson had thrown a punch at DY and that was all I really saw of it, but we did get the chance to ask DY "what the actual f**k" as he was sitting beside us for the rest of the game!!!

He says he wasn't trying to trip him up but was actually trying to block him and to stop the throw as it was the third time that the referee had allowed Airdrie to steal 10-20 yards per throw!!!

Can't defend it though, and it then escalated and the stand side linesman felt the need to get involved and it ultimately became farcical, still unsure how Robertson escaped a red when he lifted his hands and the Airdrie Assistant Manager came away with very little credit as well!!!

As for the game, we should have won that but nobody had their shooting boots on at all, only one shot on target from 15 attempts says it all and I actually thought we were going to lose it when McIntosh had the best chance of the game but made a c**t of it, he's scored a few against us this season and he really should have added to it today!!!

Luckily all the scores went our way but still two points dropped IMO!!!

I thought that was a real scrappy game of football, with very little quality on show anywhere on the park.
As KK said, the best chance fell to McIntosh, but the way his day went I wasn't surprised he absolutely fluffed his lines when 1 on 1.
Any other player on the park goes a yard by the keeper and strokes that home.
That chance apart, neither keeper was tested and we only sparked into life those last 10 minutes.
Its a missed chance but still very much keeps us in the hunt, which I never thought I'd say at all this season.

Actually didn't see the incident as my eyes moved to follow the trajectory of the throw in which didn't happen and when I looked back it looked like Robertson had thrown a punch at DY and that was all I really saw of it, but we did get the chance to ask DY "what the actual f**k" as he was sitting beside us for the rest of the game!!!
He says he wasn't trying to trip him up but was actually trying to block him and to stop the throw as it was the third time that the referee had allowed Airdrie to steal 10-20 yards per throw!!!
Can't defend it though, and it then escalated and the stand side linesman felt the need to get involved and it ultimately became farcical, still unsure how Robertson escaped a red when he lifted his hands and the Airdrie Assistant Manager came away with very little credit as well!!!
As for the game, we should have won that but nobody had their shooting boots on at all, only one shot on target from 15 attempts says it all and I actually thought we were going to lose it when McIntosh had the best chance of the game but made a c**t of it, he's scored a few against us this season and he really should have added to it today!!!
Luckily all the scores went our way but still two points dropped IMO!!!

I don’t think Young was being honest with you or himself.

Robertson pushed him. Flat palm of his hand in the middle of chest.

I don’t think either team deserved the 3 points. Lots of toiling but few clear cut chances.

We very nearly snuck it in the last few mins with Stewart’s best cross of the game. If McIntosh had arrived a fraction of a second earlier he would have had the ball in the back of the net.

Terrible game today. Really poor standard from both sides.

Highlight of the game was Young tripping Robertson. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't believe it.  

McIntosh's miss was farcical, all it needed was a bit of composure to round the keeper. 

Think the young boys will get on a bit better singing Airdrie songs. Might have a chance of others joining in with them. 

Is that the season over with then or was this post just overly dramatic?
7 11 if you sole intention is to come on here and have a pop at supporters who are giving their honest view, then please stay away from P and B.
KK was merely pointing out what the situation would be , and quite easily could have been, if results had gone the other way. For as good as we were, the best chance of the match fell to Leighton Macintosh , who fluffed it. Montrose could quite easily have sneaked it today as well.

Likewise , and it was the view of many of our faithful , a defeat today and positive returns by Montrose would probably spell the end of our challenge.

We back the team to the hilt , you know exactly who I am, so please do t question my faith. We were merely facing up to the facts. NOT ONE person has said any criticism of the team or manager relating to this, more the fact that we have been victims of our own success. Missing the playoffs would be disappointing after the season we have had, but I know everyone is buzzing for next season already, NO MATTER , which league we eventually end up in.

So cut out the sniping!!

A game where the defences were generally on top. Felt we looked the slightly better side over the piece but Airdrie had by far the best chance where McIntosh absolutely fluffed that one-one-one so a draw seems about fair.

The incident with Darren Young was bizarre. Never seen anything like that. I'll put it down to a moment of madness. It was probably the most entertaining part of the afternoon to be fair though.

I actually thought we played well today, much more like ourselves.  Davidson and Agnew won their personal battles in the middle of the park, Dowds and Smith worked well together up top. I can understand why neutrals would think it was a poor game but both sides gave it a right good go in a crucial game. 

Happy with the point but it probably should have been all three given our spells of possession...

Is that the season over with then or was this post just overly dramatic?

I'll tell you next week, we got lucky today with results elsewhere, although I do think we should have and deserved to win that one today, we didn't, but thanks to Arbroath we're now one point better off, but we're still not safe, next week is still a 6-pointer!!!

I actually thought we played well today, much more like ourselves.  Davidson and Agnew won their personal battles in the middle of the park, Dowds and Smith worked well together up top. I can understand why neutrals would think it was a poor game but both sides gave it a right good go in a crucial game. 

Happy with the point but it probably should have been all three given our spells of possession...

Completely agree, that's the best Davidson has played for weeks and Aggy although still not in top gear yet, also looked closer to his old self and I thought Tonks was the best player on the park, he was absolutely everywhere and is also showing how much he is improving, especially fitness wise, a few months ago he would have been subbed after an hour whilst trying to breath out his arse after giving the same type of committed effort!!!

Do you actually listen to or read what people are saying! ? Or is it simply , stick your head in the sand and go blah blah blah! No one is criticising Darren or the team. No one is losing faith because of results. And everyone will be there next week and the next because that's what we do. Support the team. BUT supporting the team also means we can have an opinion on REALITY. And the REALITY was , we could easily have slipped to 6tg in the table, AND that was the simple point KK was trying to make. As I say , you know who I am. Come and speak to me next Saturday , and dont hide behind an anonymous avatar.

Interesting you use the word faithful as there doesn’t seem to be much faith getting shown in this group of players.

So that must be why everybody is unhappy at the majority of that same group of players being signed up again for next season???

Away and dinnae talk pish!!!

Yes another big game. Definitely winnable though, we will just have to wait and see what happens.
Irony??

Everybody knows who I am! If you don't. Then you really don't know this club very well . And for the record , the smugg part isn't an adjective, as it would only have one "g". Similar to twat, which only has 1 "t"

East Fife did at least pass the ball to each other but their real chances were very limited and as others said it was Mcintosh who should have scored after Dunlop's(?) error. It looked like a first goal team would win game but I suspect East fife might have responded. Airdrie never seemed able to control any spell and it was a real grinding display. I only warmed up on a dreich day in the last 10 minutes but given where we were so many weeks ago, we are still in the hunt at "fourth" and bottom! I have never seen a manager blocking a player taking advantage at a throw in and DY's action will live long in the memory-not quite Dick Campbell on the pitch but unusual. Robertson did push him away and no punch was thrown but  a yellow was correct. The EF assistant guy was certainly mouthing off at the Airdrie bench in industrial tones but only the Lino knows the offence.  I thought Liam Watt was very good today and if we take any EF players this season you can have Page back? (Just kidding) Looks like an interesting last four games and God knows what the Alba audience will make of next weeks TV package.

On 06/04/2019 at 20:30, Gordon EF said:

The incident with Darren Young was bizarre. Never seen anything like that. I'll put it down to a moment of madness. It was probably the most entertaining part of the afternoon to be fair though.

The whole game was instantly forgettable apart from Young putting his foot in it so to speak and of course McIntosh's miss. East Fife were probably the better overall team yet Airdrie had the best chance.