Airdrie vs. East Fife

Nervous times for both teams, with I imagine a few folk checking the Arbroath - Montrose score every few minutes.  How are folk feeling in advance of this?

I've started feeling optimistic about our end to the season, which given how bad we were for what felt like a year after the Celtic game is a bit of a surprise.  Actually I think we were unlucky in a couple of those games, but the idea that we could still get into the playoffs seemed far-fetched until very recently.  We'll need to defend a lot better than we did midweek, though.

Carrick and Hawkshaw are both back for Airdrie, MacDonald and the Gallaghers still out, as per the official site.

Feel like we need to win this one. Wouldn’t be a total shock if Montrose beat Arbroath given present form of both.

Very little in this league. East Fife we’re up against Raith until the dying stages so I’m expecting a tough game and hoping (rather than expecting) that we can do enough.

As you said, squeaky bum time!

I'm really viewing this game as a free hit tbh.
Where we were only a fortnight ago, staring down the barrel of a dogfight at the wrong end of the table, to having more or less secured safety and possibly being involved in a playoff scrap.
I'm not one of these people that think "I font think we're ready for promotional yet"
If the opportunities there, go for it and just enjoy the ride, but at the same time I won't be too disappointed to finish 5the and allow Murray a summer (along with Millar) to rebuild and implement his own players he thinks can carry out his ideas to the best of their ability.
Whatever happens on Saturday, as long as the players show the same effort as the last few weeks, and make EF work for the game, then I'll be satisfied.
Prediction:
Airdrie 2-2 East Fife.

We need to end this dismal run of form, and get the winning habit back for the run in. Massive 2 games ahead, which will probably determine more than anything else this season, where we will finish. We are capable of beating both teams, but, it's East Fife, it's league 1, and who knows what will happen.
Just cross your fingers, jump on the rollercoaster, and off we go again........!

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm really viewing this game as a free hit tbh.
Where we were only a fortnight ago, staring down the barrel of a dogfight at the wrong end of the table, to having more or less secured safety and possibly being involved in a playoff scrap.
I'm not one of these people that think "I font think we're ready for promotional yet"
If the opportunities there, go for it and just enjoy the ride, but at the same time I won't be too disappointed to finish 5the and allow Murray a summer (along with Millar) to rebuild and implement his own players he thinks can carry out his ideas to the best of their ability.
Whatever happens on Saturday, as long as the players show the same effort as the last few weeks, and make EF work for the game, then I'll be satisfied.
Prediction:
Airdrie 2-2 East Fife.

Yep enjoy the ride,get 4 points and and lose about 100 from your average crowd.I would agree with you but Airdrie would need a huge cash injection to stay in the Championship,if they have a sponsor fair enough but if not I would fear another Brechin.

Yep enjoy the ride,get 4 points and and lose about 100 from your average crowd.I would agree with you but Airdrie would need a huge cash injection to stay in the Championship,if they have a sponsor fair enough but if not I would fear another Brechin.
You're awful obsessed with teams going up and "doing a Brechin".
No-one can say for sure about attendance's, but I'm sure one of my esteemed Airdrie colleagues could dig out the average attendance's for our last few forays into the league above.
What's the other option? Stagnate (as we have done) in this league for many more years, losing 100+ more fans anyway?
It wasn't so long ago that our crowds were double what they are now, and as I mentioned before, what's the point in even turning up to watch yer team, if you don't want progression?

Not really obsessed about anything but I really do feel you have to be build a side in this League to be confident of going into a League above,which I don’t think Airdrie have .Just a couple of weeks ago some Airdrie fans on here were saying this is the worst Airdrie side in history,now after a couple of wins they are looking forward to the Championship,fickle eh.

Not really obsessed about anything but I really do feel you have to be build a side in this League to be confident of going into a League above,which I don’t think Airdrie have .Just a couple of weeks ago some Airdrie fans on here were saying this is the worst Airdrie side in history,now after a couple of wins they are looking forward to the Championship,fickle eh.

Fairer to say that we’re recognising that it’s mathematically possible. I don’t think that there is anyone who believes the current team wouldn’t get horsed in the Championship.

For those who can’t make the game tomorrow. This is available within the UK as well

‪If you can’t make it to Airdrie tomorrow, East Fife TV are offering a live audio stream of the League 1 match between Airdrieonians and East Fife for only £2. Visit eftv.info to subscribe‬
‪[emoji343]Full audio coverage (worldwide)‬

For those who can’t make the game tomorrow. This is available within the UK as well

‪If you can’t make it to Airdrie tomorrow, East Fife TV are offering a live audio stream of the League 1 match between Airdrieonians and East Fife for only £2. Visit eftv.info to subscribe‬
‪[emoji343]Full audio coverage (worldwide)‬

That’s awesome, kudos to all the EFTV guys and girls you do a great job. Clocks change for me overnight so it will be a 2am kick off, if I’m up I will certainly subscribe.

Who's (and please quote) looking forward to the championship??
I think, as another poster rightly said, we're looking at the right end of the table rather than the wrong end, quite happily.
I'm assuming when Stranraer were a penalty kick or 2 away from winning the playoffs a few years ago, you were desperately hoping they missed them, and were so relieved that you got to stay in this league and fight relegation only a few years later?

Well it's shite or get off the pan day!!!

Honestly feel we need to win today AND next week (both of which are the proverbial "6-pointers) or that's it for us this season, which is a pity as its been a great season which is proven by the fact that we can't buy a win at the moment and haven't been able to for a while and while being rooted at rock bottom of the Division's "Form Table" but yet we're still in fourth spot!!!

We need to see 90 minutes of effort and concentration today and not just the 45 of last week and also the return of RC19 would be nice!!!

Archived