Stranraer v Loons

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Dylan was off it against Airdrie and we created nothing, funny that eh?

He wasn't alone on in 'being off it' that day but he was playing way too deep. He also made some really poor choices in that deeper role and was never gonna influence the game from there.

He is without doubt one of our most talented players and we should use this to our advantage whenever possible.

Not surprised at the result today, it just never happens down there for some reason.

A visit to the Mother in Law was indeed the better option today. :o

A massive 3 points for the blues and a small step to safety.A goal after 31 seconds was the perfect start but Forfar wore  into the game and got a deserved equaliser.A very open first half in which the loons probably shaded it,although I must admit young ref Craig Napier seemed to take the bait on loads of soft fouls for Forfar, honestly I've been pushed harder in Tesco's,these Angus teams might not be the greatest footballers in the world,but my god there street wise ie Montrose 10 penalties this season.The second half Stranraer wee really up for it and deserved to to take the lead and hold on which we did.Dont really know where Jim Weir is coming from in his post match interview,our 2  kids in midfield,St Johnstone loanee Ali McCann and Kyle Turner were outstanding and showed why Kyle Turner should be in the Spfl League 1 team of the season,but probably won't be.A good game really and on our second half performance really deserved.As for Forfar you can see at times how there at the top end of the table, obviously everything goes through John Baird,Hilson and Moore,but for the second time this season Hilson was anonymous at Stair pk.Got to say Baird is a greetin wee so and so and if any defender goes tight on him he doesn't like it,maybe not in the Bobby Barr stable but getting there.But we move on with a bit of confidence after this result.

@SlipperyP has gone very quiet. 

I was going to do that thing where you list all the names of people who come from the place whose team you've beaten, like that Norwegian commentator when they beat England that time. Unfortunately, looking at the list of people from Forfar, the only one I've heard of is Bon Scott, so I've had to forget that idea. 

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I was going to do that thing where you list all the names of people who come from the place whose team you've beaten, like that Norwegian commentator when they beat England that time. Unfortunately, looking at the list of people from Forfar, the only one I've heard of is Bon Scott, so I've had to forget that idea. 

But he was fae Kirrie

3 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I thought Bon was from Kirriemuir, as was JM Barrie 

11 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

giphy.gif

Judging by the highlights Trav had a day to forget at both ends.

We had enough chances but poor and unlucky finishing cost us (and another 2 poor goals conceded)

Hopefully victory next week can secure the play-offs

Coupe to start

We had enough chances but poor and unlucky finishing cost us (and another 2 poor goals conceded)
Coupe to start
Trav should have done a lot better for the first goal, though back up in the middle was missing. Dale took the game to Stranraer, especially in the first half. Their wingers and centre fwd in particular caused problems.
Missed chances, yes, but an end to end game that we could have won but didn't.
The best entertainment by far was the old boy at the front, he would have had every Forfar player sent off, in essence I think for turning up and making a game of it.
He repeatedly reminded the ref, who was also a Forfar employee according to him, the there were two teams on the park. Nothing wrong with his eyesight then [emoji851]
Fortunately the ref did not take his advice and there were still 22 players on the park at the end.

10 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Treating us as your cup final team.:thumsup2

4 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Coupe to start

How is it that managers and fans always claim goals they lose bad defending, and all the goals they score superb goals.

Edited by thomas 62
spelling

5 hours ago, Loondave1 said:
15 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:
I thought Bon was from Kirriemuir, as was JM Barrie 

No. Bon was born in a maternity hospital in Forfar. Kirrie did well to keep the myth going till recently but he only lived in the vicinity of Kirrie.

Only the truly blessed were born in the Fyfe Jamieson.

10 hours ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Trav should have done a lot better for the first goal, though back up in the middle was missing. Dale took the game to Stranraer, especially in the first half. Their wingers and centre fwd in particular caused problems.
Missed chances, yes, but an end to end game that we could have won but didn't.
The best entertainment by far was the old boy at the front, he would have had every Forfar player sent off, in essence I think for turning up and making a game of it.
He repeatedly reminded the ref, who was also a Forfar employee according to him, the there were two teams on the park. Nothing wrong with his eyesight then emoji851.png
Fortunately the ref did not take his advice and there were still 22 players on the park at the end.

Can't really agree on Hilsons performance.The last time he was at Stair pk in December he was subbed quite early and although he made a couple of things happen in the first half,second half he became anonymous and I was delighted when Weir took off John Baird instead of Hilson,wether he took the game to Stranraer in the first half is very arguable imo.The old boy at the front is quite a character and his arguments with Bobby Barr are legendary this season.I thought he let the wee ref off lightly on Saturday,if it had been John McKendrick all hell would have broke loose.

On 4/7/2019 at 08:52, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's what I thought, but according to Wikipedia he was born in Forfar but grew up in Kirriemuir. 

It is a well known fact that AC/DC have the least amount of fans who suffer from Dyslexia than any other band in the world.

How is it that managers and fans always claim goals they lose bad defending, and all the goals they score superb goals.
I'll give you that 1 T-Bag, fans always look at what their defenders should be doing better, or where they should be.
Even a 25 yard wonder strike will be put down as "should have been closed down quicker".