Stranraer v Loons

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Stranraer have been the best footballing side i've seen other than ourselves.  A lot of punt it up the park and hope teams in this league.

TBF there's been far too much of the punt it up the park from Stranraer lately, by-passing the likes of Turner and McManus to fire the ball up to Innes Cameron is a piece of p*ss for opposition defenders to defend against. IC is a talented player but playing as a lone striker doesn't work when he's man marked and there's a second defender as back-up to pick up his knock downs.

3 minutes ago, scott666 said:

TBF there's been far too much of the punt it up the park from Stranraer lately, by-passing the likes of Turner and McManus to fire the ball up to Innes Cameron is a piece of p*ss for opposition defenders to defend against. IC is a talented player but playing as a lone striker doesn't work when he's man marked and there's a second defender as back-up to pick up his knock downs.

Cameron looks a player from what I’ve seen.

29 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

The 5:53 from Dundee arriving at 10:49 was tempting but will have to wait till next season now.

I would take a draw now, anything else would be a bonus.

Well played to the few heading down.

Not making the trip this time, although was tempted. It's never been a great place for us picking up points but hopefully we can get something from the game. 

Safe journey to the travelling Loons.

As an aside  - IMO the train journey from  Girvan to Stranraer is a must do.  I've only done one way (twice) with the bike. Single-line that goes way over the moor and almost takes you back in time.

The team should be up for this today. JW Manager of the Month again and Dale Player of the Month. Morale should be high so here's hoping for 3 points and a fine team performance. Will Moore keep his place or will it be a birthday present return for Dylan? I'd be happy with same starting 11 as last week.

Guest bernardblack
The last 180 minutes we've created very very little.
Dylan Easton has featured for 6 of those minutes......

Almost like there’s a pattern there....

Some folk will refuse to see it of course. He simply HAS to play.

It’s almost as if you and Bernard are at the wind up now, but okay I’ll bite.

What did we create against Airdrie when Dylan started?

We beat Arbroath without needing him and created chances against Stranraer but couldn’t break down their defence.

Dylan came on today and the only thing he did of note was take a quick free kick where he passed the ball out for a throw in.

Guest bernardblack

We beat Arbroath without needing him and created chances against Stranraer but couldn’t break down their defence.

Dylan came on today and the only thing he did of note was take a quick free kick where he passed the ball out for a throw in.

It’s not a wind up. He’s our most creative player

I suppose it was a given we would lose today. Not because we have a poor record away to Stranraer but because the jinx of Manager of the Month was bestowed on Jim.

However we can be cheered up by Arsebroath failing once more to tumble over the finishing line.

37 minutes ago, iamnotgarybollan said:

Lets face it we got lucky against Arbroath -- what did we create? It's the most bored i've been at a game for a long time (until the last minute!)

Dylan was off it against Airdrie and we created nothing, funny that eh?

Even worse your straight on to respond. Enjoy your title win when it comes, Hope you get pumped every week next season.

I'm home after eating my tea and doing my usual skek on how the games have went

Lots of bitterness

And thank you I shall. This time next week will be a wee bitty different I imagine [emoji12]