Stranraer v Loons

Massive game for Stranraer and maybe not so much for Forfar as 2nd and 3rd place seem secure.The blues should welcome back top goalie Max Currie after his 2 game ban and it remains to be seen if SF will make more changes after that dismal performance against Montrose.Stranraer haven't won at home for 4 months,last victory was against yep Forfar.That day Baird,Hilson and co were very quiet,more of the same hopefully.The blues have 3 home games left,7 points could be enough,9 to be certain,a win tomorrow would go a long way,but only a fool would predict an outcome tomorrow.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are probably the best possible opponents for Stranraer just now, terrible record there, poor recent away form and on face of it not a whole lot to play for ( find it hard to see two of the teams below us out scoring us by nine points in five games).

So away win then.

Other than a midweek hammering a few years back have we ever won down there? I mind going one year -- we had one shot at goal and had big Templeman sitting infront of the back four -- gid laugh so it was.

Any Loonatics making the trek?

Other than a midweek hammering a few years back have we ever won down there? I mind going one year -- we had one shot at goal and had big Templeman sitting infront of the back four -- gid laugh so it was.
Fancy a day out but will see what the weather's like in the morning. Long ride if it's persisting down.
Mind you, if we win, it won't seem half as long on the way home.
Confidence has got to be high, especially after last weekend, and would go with the same team and bench.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The meeting before that, which was the penultimate game of the 2012/2013 season, I think?

That’s nice.
I could me more diplomatic about my post, however best to keep it true and simple.
Your team as brought little to this league this year.
Best you pop off and play with Annan next season. Regroup and maybe we see you the season after once we have been relegated from the Championship.

Guest bernardblack

We never win here. I was going to say the league should just give us 6 points each and not play the games.....then I remembered that it was a 0-0 at Station Park earlier in the season :D 

16 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I could me more diplomatic about my post, however best to keep it true and simple.
Best you pop off and play with Annan next season. Regroup and maybe we see you the season after once we have been relegated from the Championship.

17 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Sorry I forgot Forfar are the Barcelona of the lower Leagues.

Sorry I forgot Forfar are the Barcelona of the lower Leagues.
At the moment you have called it right.
Some sense in the borders at last!
For every post you enter we will win by that factor.
Enjoy your days at EK

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

At the moment you have called it right.
Some sense in the borders at last!
For every post you enter we will win by that factor.
Enjoy your days at EK

Your geography is as bad your posts,Stranraer is nowhere near the Borders,like saying Forfar is in Fife.

Your geography is as bad your posts,Stranraer is nowhere near the Borders,like saying Forfar is in Fife.
0-1
As a man who has travels far, (never been to the border village of Stranraer) looking on Google maps you:re deep border or Northern Irish, you decide?

56 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Stranraer have been the best footballing side i've seen other than ourselves.  A lot of punt it up the park and hope teams in this league.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

0-1
As a man who has travels far, (never been to the border village of Stranraer) looking on Google maps you:re deep border or Northern Irish, you decide?

There are words on the map as well as lines!  If you read them, you'll see that there's the whole of Dumfries and Galloway between us and the Borders.  I've never heard the Irish Sea regerred to as a border either!  And never mind us bringing little to the league, Forfar and your Angus mates have brought precious few to us this season.  Count your attendance gates and count yourselves lucky, and cut us some slack!

There are words on the map as well as lines!  If you read them, you'll see that there's the whole of Dumfries and Galloway between us and the Borders.  I've never heard the Irish Sea regerred to as a border either!  And never mind us bringing little to the league, Forfar and your Angus mates have brought precious few to us this season.  Count your attendance gates and count yourselves lucky, and cut us some slack!
Your tears are accepted. Im looking for snorters.

Archived