Celtic v Livingston

Possibly our most passive performance since Deila days, no urgency at all from us. Livi were like the 0-0 game at Almondvale with such an organised defence.  Felt less of siege  than that game though as played like it was a friendly.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Mind when all the Celtc fans along with Lennys pals at the Daily Record were saying Hibs would never be able to replace a manager like Neil Lennon :lol: 

He’s a poor manager who can’t get a team playing if they don’t respond to his screaming and shouting. 

No.  :blink:

5 minutes ago, crispy said:

I’m just curious but I take it Celtic fans think he should be doing much better with the current personnel as opposed to the squad needing lots of new faces?

Whilst the squad could be doing with some fresh faces in certain performances, under Lennon we've just not really performed to a level we should.  Naming him permanent boss will be a step back. 

It was always nervy whenever Forrest picked it up. It’s obvious that he’s going to face up the defender then go for the byline and swing in with his right or come inside on (the outside of) his right but, jeez, how do you stop it? We managed it a little better in the 2nd half.

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

Mind when all the Celtc fans along with Lennys pals at the Daily Record were saying Hibs would never be able to replace a manager like Neil Lennon :lol: 

He’s a poor manager who can’t get a team playing if they don’t respond to his screaming and shouting. 

Not Leonards biggest fan but I've felt the opposite, he gets results and isn't afraid to change things to get results.

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

This clearly happened inside your  own head ffs :lol: 

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

Possibly our most passive performance since Deila days, no urgency at all from us. Livi were like the 0-0 game at Almondvale with such an organised defence.  Felt less of siege  than that game though as played like it was a friendly.

Livvy have the 4th best defence in the league for me the only reason they're not in the top six is because they don't score enough goals.
I agree it was like a friendly, Lennon trying different formations to break livvy down.
The reason there is so many players still playing from Deila's team is Brendan couldn't find players that are better.

22 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Livvy have the 4th best defence in the league for me the only reason they're not in the top six is because they don't score enough goals.
I agree it was like a friendly, Lennon trying different formations to break livvy down.
The reason there is so many players still playing from Deila's team is Brendan couldn't find players that are better.

We didn't even have a recognised striker till December when Hardie came back from injury but we were still scoring goals, 24 goals up to the 5-0 win over Hearts, then  a bad run of only 4 goals in 9 games. That poor run scuppered our chance of a top 6 spot, seem to have regrouped again though and are back on a decent run of form in our last 5 games.

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We didn't even have a recognised striker till December when Hardie came back from injury but we were still scoring goals, 24 goals up to the 5-0 win over Hearts, then  a bad run of only 4 goals in 9 games. That poor run scuppered our chance of a top 6 spot, seem to have regrouped again though and are back on a decent run of form in our last 5 games.

Are you agree with me or disagreeing?

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you agree with me or disagreeing?

I would say that is simplifying it, for most of the season we were doing ok not scoring that many goals, and had the odd 4-0 and 5-0 wins. 

So yeah, I agree with you that not scoring enough goals between the 26th Dec and the 2nd of March was the reason we didn't get a top 6 spot..

Still sobering up from Sat,fantastic result from the Lions,what a performance from start to finish!!

Big shout out to Bobby from Sheddon''s Bar in putting  up wae us singing etc.

He must hav got a good wee lift at  the till tae.

1st ever point taken from Celtic Park too :thumsup2

3 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Still sobering up from Sat,fantastic result from the Lions,what a performance from start to finish!!

Big shout out to Bobby from Sheddon''s Bar in putting  up wae us singing etc.

He must hav got a good wee lift at  the till tae.

1st ever point taken from Celtic Park too :thumsup2

Just read that on tinternet this morning, had to double take and thought it might be a mistake.. Fair play..

Aye that was terrible.

We had no ideas and although I've not saw them on TV (and won't bother) I'd imagine none of Liam Kellys saves were as spectacular as they perhaps looked in the stadium ...... not a criticism of him for the record, probably more of a frustration at our team squandering the few chances we made.

Hayes jumping Sinclair in the pecking order is absolutely baffling.

2 minutes ago, RPHG said:

Aye that was terrible.

We had no ideas and although I've not saw them on TV (and won't bother) I'd imagine none of Liam Kellys saves were as spectacular as they perhaps looked in the stadium ...... not a criticism of him for the record, probably more of a frustration at our team squandering the few chances we made.

Hayes jumping Sinclair in the pecking order is absolutely baffling.

Our movement off the ball was shite against Livi, only way were getting a goal I thought  against such organised defence was breaking between the two banks with one touch passing and Sinclair is definitely your man for a one two finish.

Absolute hypothetical rubbish from me but can you imagine if the rest of the team was as good as our defence?  I know it's 'just the way it is', and there's always a bigger fish (unless you are Barca/Real), but wouldn't it be great if teams could build on the solid foundation they have rather than having the best players creamed off each year. Would the bigger teams benefit more from stiffer competition domestically or from being able to take these players in and develop them themselves for European campaigns? i.e is taking players from smaller teams counter-productive and simply lowering the competition standard rather than bigger teams looking elsewhere (youth? foreign players?) to improve? Dunno! Possibly a topic for another thread...

3 hours ago, crispy said:

Absolute hypothetical rubbish from me but can you imagine if the rest of the team was as good as our defence?  I know it's 'just the way it is', and there's always a bigger fish (unless you are Barca/Real), but wouldn't it be great if teams could build on the solid foundation they have rather than having the best players creamed off each year. Would the bigger teams benefit more from stiffer competition domestically or from being able to take these players in and develop them themselves for European campaigns? i.e is taking players from smaller teams counter-productive and simply lowering the competition standard rather than bigger teams looking elsewhere (youth? foreign players?) to improve? Dunno! Possibly a topic for another thread...

I'd say our midfield are a big part of the reason our defence has been so good too crispy, doing the closing down in front of them making their jobs a bit easier in defence. Same goes for the work done by the likes of Robbo and Menga when played up front, it all comes together to make a solid well organised defensive display. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd say our midfield are a big part of the reason our defence has been so good too crispy, doing the closing down in front of them making their jobs a bit easier in defence. Same goes for the work done by the likes of Robbo and Menga when played up front, it all comes together to make a solid well organised defensive display. 

Yea, having read that back I think it came out a bit wrong. I think what I meant is if the midfield and attack (not that they are necessarily discrete) had whatever the equivalent of 17 clean sheets is haha. The whole team works tremendously hard and deserve the plaudits. There’s also a case to say that the defensive qualities of players further up the pitch occur at the expense of being a more incisive attacking force so I appreciate its not black and white :)

Archived