Promotion Chasing Ayr United vs Promotion Chasing Inverness Caledonian Thistle

How have we lost that game, one way traffic in the second half except for giving away a stupid free kick.

Draw would have probably been a fair reflection considering Inverness were the better team in the second half.

Never in a million years did we deserve to lose it though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t take our chances, they did. Played better football but goals get points. Some of the diving was laughable from Inverness, I really the shite like that.

Shankland’s looked off the boil for a good while now, hard to tell what’s up with him. Hard to tell where the next win is coming from, we’re so stop start.

Better performance than Tuesday although  that's not really hard. If our final ball was even average today we'd have scored at least a couple. Too many loose balls and players too static off the ball not making movement. Millar missed an absolute sitter first half and another beginning of the second.  Just  looks like we've run out of ideas.

I thought some of our play involving Cadden, Miller and Shankland today was great but our final ball was poor although we should still have won with Millers easy header and the stramash in front of the goal.

Lucky however that Dunfermline didn’t win. Hard game coming on Tuesday night now.

Better performance than Tuesday although  that's not really hard. If our final ball was even average today we'd have scored at least a couple. Too many loose balls and players too static off the ball not making movement. Millar missed an absolute sitter first half and another beginning of the second.  Just  looks like we've run out of ideas.

Absolutely agreed. We showed flashes of movement at times but just the final third we lacked conviction.

Thought Cadden was positive today, Harvie played well too, but nothing in the box.

Really hoped Adams or Bell would clatter into the c**t Austin.

Didn’t take our chances, they did. Played better football but goals get points. Some of the diving was laughable from Inverness, I really the shite like that.

Shankland’s looked off the boil for a good while now, hard to tell what’s up with him. Hard to tell where the next win is coming from, we’re so stop start.
Shankland probably already knows where he's playing next season.

Inverness truly are our bogey team. Not great for if we do manage to make the playoffs tbh.

I’d actually like to know what our record is against not just ICT but Highland teams in general.

Shankland wasn’t great but he still links play well. That some folk are advocating dropping him is mental, he’s having a rough latch but he’ll come through it.

Harvie our best player today. Miller excellent in the second half and Cadden looked more like a football which was good.

Shankland wasn’t great but he still links play well. That some folk are advocating dropping him is mental, he’s having a rough latch but he’ll come through it.

Harvie our best player today. Miller excellent in the second half and Cadden looked more like a football which was good.

For me, at least, it was the lack of urgency from him that’s been my concern.

I’d actually like to know what our record is against not just ICT but Highland teams in general.

Your record against us is 6 losses, 4 draws and 1 win.

I believe your record against Ross County is 17 losses, 8 draws and 6 wins

Shankland is still the first name on the team sheet for me. ICT had him pretty contained today,  I think they've got us well worked out at this point, some of our attacks today were two against five, what chance do you have against that.

Yep. I’d give Moore a go again to be honest. Not going to make anything worse, really.

Would expect Moore to start in replace of Shankland on Tuesday night. Rest him for Friday night

I thought we played well today and were the better side against a good Inverness outfit. I did worry when I saw the teamsheet but Cadden and Millar were both excellent and deserve a run in the team after their performances today. Smith was again excellent as was Doohan and overall I'm not too disappointed as we're still in the driving seat for third place and should realistically be fourth at worst.

I'd also say that Moore could do some damage if getting the type of service from the wings that Cadden & Miller were providing today, especially in the first half.

A quick mention for Craig Thompson who's legs have clearly gone as he can't run or keep up with play, and all in all it was a pretty horrific refereeing performance............

Archived