Promotion Chasing Ayr United vs Promotion Chasing Inverness Caledonian Thistle

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

What the f**k has happened to Lawrence Shankland, he can't even control a football anymore. Miller and Moffat up front against Queens.

To quote John McEnroe:

"You cannot be serious? "

Well yeah I'am serious, when was the last time he had a good game. We should've cashed in for him.

He played well against Dunfermline.

He was ok today but was dropping deeper because Moffat wasn’t playing. He linked up well with Miller and Cadden.

I would still play him on Tuesday night.

Well yeah I'am serious, when was the last time he had a good game. We should've cashed in for him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and it’s hard to tell exactly why he’s been off the boil (morons on the SRE say he’s away to rangers “trust me” but most of them have the same number of brain cells as a cabbage), but he hasn’t played as well as he can recently. Question is, is a out of sorts Shankland better than other options for these last few games? I never fault his effort, just it’s not happening for him just now.

Personally, I’d give Moore a crack on Tuesday if he play with a similar setup. It may suit him as he’s more of a finisher than a player who can link up to create.

9 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and it’s hard to tell exactly why he’s been off the boil (morons on the SRE say he’s away to rangers “trust me” but most of them have the same number of brain cells as a cabbage), but he hasn’t played as well as he can recently. Question is, is a out of sorts Shankland better than other options for these last few games? I never fault his effort, just it’s not happening for him just now.

Personally, I’d give Moore a crack on Tuesday if he play with a similar setup. It may suit him as he’s more of a finisher than a player who can link up to create.

Calvin Miller played today and was by far the best player on the park, Moffat's recent form has out shown Shankland.

Calvin Miller played today and was by far the best player on the park, Moffat's recent form has out shown Shankland.

But neither Moffat nor Miller are guys that will lead the line. In fact I’d argue neither are out and out strikers.

He won’t and shouldn’t be dropped.

I’m not disputing either of those points, but Miller is a wide player and not a striker. I was talking about a direct swap in today’s formation , but I’d like Moffat involved too.

What the f**k has happened to Lawrence Shankland, he can't even control a football anymore. Miller and Moffat up front against Queens.

I think miller and Moffat would be a good partnership millers got all the pace to make the runs and Moffat has the awareness to set him up and think they would link up well together

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

But neither Moffat nor Miller are guys that will lead the line. In fact I’d argue neither are out and out strikers.

He won’t and shouldn’t be dropped.

Lawrence Shankland has scored 2 goals out of his last 7 games and one of those was a penalty. Calvin Miller adds more pace and IMO is playing better than shankland right now.

I'm still not convinced that Shankland is 100% fit but even a 70% Shankland has to play as his build up play and off the ball running is priceless.

What we do have is lots of creative options with Moore, McDaid, Moffat, Cadden, Forrest & Miller all capable of offering something different with various styles possible.

Hopefully Mr McCall can pick us the right ones for our remaining games............

Lawrence Shankland has scored 2 goals out of his last 7 games and one of those was a penalty. Calvin Miller adds more pace and IMO is playing better than shankland right now.

I don’t dispute that but neither Moffat nor Miller are out and out strikers. Moffat is a secondary striker that links play and Miller is a winger.

Play one of them alongside Shankland. After today I’d give Miller a go and keep Moffat on the bench.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t dispute that but neither Moffat nor Miller are out and out strikers. Moffat is a secondary striker that links play and Miller is a winger.

Play one of them alongside Shankland. After today I’d give Miller a go and keep Moffat on the bench.

I think teams are starting to suss out Shankland, even playing Forrest up-front would make teams less aware of what could strike them.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Another really poor crowd, only 1,400 on a Saturday is dreadful. Were getting nearly 2,000 home fans in the first half of the season.

In terms of singing and general encouragement it was still the best home support I've seen in this league. 

We fought hard for that with what was a  pretty makeshift team and formation. Scored against the run of play but saw it out pretty comfortably thereafter which is not like us. Ayr might have dominated territory but they didn't create any decent chances. 

Great to be back at Somerset and can't wait to go again for a big game next month. 

2 minutes ago, CaleyStan said:

Great to be back at Somerset and can't wait to go again for a big game next month. 

With the amount of points you've taken off us this season I'm not surprised you can't wait to go back.

Archived