Dumbarton v Brechin City 6/4/19

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely delighted for Kyle Hutton today and well done to the MotM selector for making the right choice; It would have been easy to give it to a fan's favourite such as Cammy Ballantyne, Craig Barr or Dom Thomas but Hutton was outstanding.

Thing is Hutton does a lot of what he did today every week but then one bad pass and a number of fans are on his back immediately. Yet others can have a poor poor game and there's hardly a peep from fans. Odd how some players find it difficult to win a support over

25 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Thing is Hutton does a lot of what he did today every week but then one bad pass and a number of fans are on his back immediately. Yet others can have a poor poor game and there's hardly a peep from fans. Odd how some players find it difficult to win a support over

This 100%.

32 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Absolutely delighted for Kyle Hutton today and well done to the MotM selector for making the right choice; It would have been easy to give it to a fan's favourite such as Cammy Ballantyne, Craig Barr or Dom Thomas but Hutton was outstanding.

Barr and Ballantyne were good today but I actually thought DT was quite poor by his standards.

Hutton was night and day today vs a normal Kyle Hutton. He read every stray ball and for once he put himself about. He charged everything down. I'd love to see him turn in more performances like today but unfortunately they are few and far between.

53 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Thing is Hutton does a lot of what he did today every week 

He really, really doesn't. We're all aware his job isn't fancy, it doesn't mean we always don't notice it. 1 game like today every 3 months isn't good enough.

That's the best I've seen Hutton play since the Cup final.

The fact that, that was 13 months ago is why he gets a hard time. We all know how good he can be when he's firing on all cylinders: He's a really strong tackler, he keeps the ball well and he's capable of spraying some glorious passes. He just doesn't show it anywhere near enough.

If he can produce performances like that (or close to that) in the final four games it'll be a huge boost. He's a smashing big player when he's up for it.

Based on previous form, Kule Hutton usually has a strong finish to the season; it's what brings offers of full-time football from promotion chasing Championship teams such as ICT. Let's hope today was a glimpse of that and he plays a vital role for us.

Noooooo....Hutton was deserving of the award today but it tends to highlight just how far off it he is most other weeks. I think he's an honest player but his downwards career trajectory is no accident. You mention passes - far too many go sideways and backwards and his and Forbes' chronic lack of pace result in repeated hoofball out of defence. He did a lot of good harrying and scavenging today but we need that every week, and we simply don't get it. I wish the lad no harm but I'd call time on his Sons career this summer.

49 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

This 100%.

Barr and Ballantyne were good today but I actually thought DT was quite poor by his standards.

Hutton had a good game today and credit to him for that, but it's too scarce.

FWIW, I though DT showed some great touches today and tried to do what he normally does, I think Brechin just managed him better by getting bodies round him quickly.

Anyway, my flippant notable observations from today were,

There wasn't any in fighting today amongst the supporters  today, that would have been more entertaining

Where are all our players?  What happened to Ryan Thomson? Where are Perry/Dyer if not injured, Even if we don't rate them, its worth have bodies on the bench as options if we're paying them.

And on that note, I seen Rory Loy hanging around the foyer, he does still exist.

14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Clearly the club weren’t being honest about Dyer’s ‘virus’.

No idea what's going on there. Willie was dire though.

But fear not, 50yr old Paolo Maldini is said to be making his long awaited comeback... with The Sons, next season, only conditions are he's not willing to play in League 2 or with Kyle Hutton . :P

PITK

32 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Clearly the club weren’t being honest about Dyer’s ‘virus’.

If there's something seriously up with him I'd say calling it a virus and letting him deal with it quietly is probably the right approach. 

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If there's something seriously up with him I'd say calling it a virus and letting him deal with it quietly is probably the right approach. 

No disagreement, just pointing it out.

Archived