Dumbarton v Brechin City 6/4/19

We made hard work of that. Looked dangerous when we got the ball down and played football, but spent far too much time punting it into the channels. 

The three points are all that matter though, absolutely delighted with that. Good to see a decent amount of fight in the side - Mango and Ballantyne especially chucked themselves at everything.

Edited by Ross Forbes

We made hard work of that but I think we just about edged it.

It would of been a travesty if Hutton hadn't been named motm today, I thought he was excellent. As S08 alluded to we look so much better when we get the ball on the deck and try to play football instead of hoofing it everywhere and anywhere.

Shame Stranraer won but you can’t have it all, I suppose. We can only concentrate on ourselves.

Although, that Raith goal was massive. Especially since it means Arbroath will go to Brechin with something to play for.

Edited by FifeSons

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We made hard work of that but I think we just about edged it.

It would of been a travesty if Hutton hadn't been named motm today, I thought he was excellent. As S08 alluded to we look so much better when we get the ball on the deck and try to play football instead of hoofing it everywhere and anywhere.

Have to agree with that. He gets a hard time of it at times but outside of a loose pass in the first half that put us under a wee bit of pressure he charged everything down and got right stuck in about it.

Today is exactly the kind of performance we needed last Saturday and if we had managed to grind out a similar result this time last week we'd be just about safe! No rest at all as the next 2 games will be really tough before another crucial game vs Stranraer.

Obviously every game is important and every one is tough but if we can beat Stranraer in a couple of weeks it would be nice for it to be a win that secures our league status for next season...

It was a tough game and for large spells our usually most threatening player was misfiring. Add in Barr's miss in the 2nd half and at times you thought the script was written for a late Brechin equaliser.

Thankfully that didnt happen and we survived some serious late pressure from the visitors to see the game out and secure all 3 points.

Hutton's effort today was huge. Some of his tackles were absolutely vital and he was generally really good with his distribution, Read the game well and was trying to communicate with his teammates. Thoroughly deserved man of the match and really good to see the announcement getting a good reception.