Derby Day: Kilmarnock vs St Johnstone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BlueKillie said:

Hope Brophy and Power are fit. I'll settle for a win, regardless of how shite the game is. 

I don't expect the wolf to appear before the split. I think Clarke will probably want to play a similar XI to last night at ER, but hopefully Jones will be benched with Millar taking his place. 

Expect us to go 4-5-1 for this, with Davidson in for Hendry, and Kane the lone striker.  Think Tommy would be delighted with a 0-0 and get us back to being hard to beat, especially playing a team we've struggled against over the past 5-6 matches.

Kilmarnock have a far better central midfield than us and have more to play for.  As much as it pains me to say it, 3-0 to the weegie minks.

12 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I don't expect the wolf to appear before the split. I think Clarke will probably want to play a similar XI to last night at ER, but hopefully Jones will be benched with Millar taking his place. 

I'd really like to see Millar starting the game, from the brief appearances he's made he's looked very decent

Sounds like Alston is fit and available for this match, as long as he gets through training today. I mentioned before I'd go with the same team as we did against Dundee with Davidson in for Hendry, but I'd be tempted now to throw Alston in instead. He gives us more of a goal threat and probably more energy and technique in the middle of the park. I've mentioned a few times that I'd like to see Gordon in ahead of Shaughnessy given his contract situation but Wright is unlikely to agree with me.

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Callachan Craig Alston

O'Halloran Kane Kennedy

More likely a 4-5-1 in reality but the two wingers and Callachan/Alston would need to get up quickly to support Kane.

I reckon we'll get pumped tomorrow to be honest. 

3 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Is the Massey Ferguson Massive coming down ? 

Just want to know if I’m going to the game tooled up or not.

Na, lambing season is in full swing. Only 142 Saints fans will be heading down, so you're going to have to suffer from far less of the big blue pound than usual I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Is the Massey Ferguson Massive coming down ? 

Just want to know if I’m going to the game tooled up or not.

It's been quite a while since anyone in Kilmarnock used tools to get stuck into some Massey Fergusons. 

That, my friend, is taking the meh stuff much too far.

So far below the belt that my toes are twitching.

I'll look out for you after the game, make sure you've got your piece of straw sticking out of your mouth and I'll be waving my UB40.

You're f***cking getting it.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

That, my friend, is taking the meh stuff much too far.

So far below the belt that my toes are twitching.

I'll look out for you after the game, make sure you've got your piece of straw sticking out of your mouth and I'll be waving my UB40.

You're f***cking getting it.

Too soon?

As mentioned above, I desperately hope Sir Steve leaves Jones out and gives Millar the full 90 minutes.  Jones absolutely does not deserve a place in the team.

Also, Tshibola out and Power in, thankyou very much.

I'm not going (absolute shitebag who doesn't want his face ripped apart), so Saints will lose. 

How would St Johnstone fans sum up their season so far? Think I'm right in saying you were first team to win six league games in a row this season. Had a couple of really good runs, but looking at BBC preview article it looks like you've hit a fairly pish patch. Why is that?

5 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

How would St Johnstone fans sum up their season so far? Think I'm right in saying you were first team to win six league games in a row this season. Had a couple of really good runs, but looking at BBC preview article it looks like you've hit a fairly pish patch. Why is that?

IMO the 3 Celtic games knocked the wind out of our sails.

Archived