Derby Day: Kilmarnock vs St Johnstone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Radford is playing silly buggers.

We played a very open 4-4-2 against Dundee but I can't see us doing the same against Killie. I reckon we might make one change - Davidson for Hendry - and then go with that. I liked the balance on the wings and Kane is probably better equipped to play up front on his own than Hendry is at this stage.

I suspect we'll get humped by our (current) meh derby overlords.

Same eleven pls.

In all seriousness, not convinced Callachan or O'Halloran will cope with another game, both looked absolutely fucked by the end of the game on Wednesday.

Would replace them with Davidson and Swanson. Still convinced Kane is better with a partner so keep him and Hendry up there, Davidson should be more controlled in terms of pressing so we might not be as open.

This is even more meh than usual. Maybe if we turn up with the same attitude and the same team (pretty likely given that TW said that none of the injuries would be back before the split) and a bit more quality and confidence, we just might give them a game. 

Even if we give it a proper go and lose, at least there's a chance it might help Killie take third off Aberdeen and getting them into Europe, which would certainly soften the blow. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Same eleven pls.

In all seriousness, not convinced Callachan or O'Halloran will cope with another game, both looked absolutely fucked by the end of the game on Wednesday.

Would replace them with Davidson and Swanson. Still convinced Kane is better with a partner so keep him and Hendry up there, Davidson should be more controlled in terms of pressing so we might not be as open.

MOH looks about 3/4 match fit. Callachan is a machine and cannot be broken. 

O'Halloran needs match fitness. As long as he isn't injured in any way, I'd chuck him in. I get the impression he's not completely trusting his body right now given the hellish injury he's had to recover from so the more minutes he plays the better IMO. He looked much more like himself last night, even played with a bit more game intelligence than I'd seen from him before, minus a couple of occasions when he ran into areas which closed the space for Kane.

Play O’Halloran, the only way he’s going to get sharpness and fitness back is by playing games. Plus the threat might keep Grieg Taylor back a little. I think Hendry went off with a knock last night so suspect it’ll be Kennedy off of him and someone in on the left. Given we’ve neither Wotherspoon or Alston, I guess it’ll have to be Swanson.

Just now, Widge said:

Play O’Halloran, the only way he’s going to get sharpness and fitness back is by playing games. Plus the threat might keep Grieg Taylor back a little. I think Hendry went off with a knock last night so suspect it’ll be Kennedy off of him and someone in on the left. Given we’ve neither Wotherspoon or Alston, I guess it’ll have to be Swanson.

Wright confirmed Hendry went off with cramp, which is probably no surprise given his injury record and the fact he absolutely burst himself for the time he was on the pitch. I can't see Wright starting 2 up top away to Killie especially after seeing how open we were against Dundee.

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

MOH looks better every time he comes on, and I agree with playing him. However some say play Swanson as he needs the game time. I do not agree.

Also thought Hendry took a knock at the time but Tommy said in his post-match that it was just cramp. 

My only worry with O'Halloran is the fact hes had recurring hamstring injuries. It's not based on any fact or knowledge, but feel like that's an injury you have to monitor for a while after you seem to have recovered from it.

My only worry with O'Halloran is the fact hes had recurring hamstring injuries. It's not based on any fact or knowledge, but feel like that's an injury you have to monitor for a while after you seem to have recovered from it.

He didn’t once fully open up and sprint last night though, so I wonder if he’s still taking it a little easy. I don’t see there being a massive issue with him and playing will only strengthen it.

As for the above, good to know Hendry is alright, I’d play him anyway. He’s got confidence and swagger and looks dangerous. If he lasts an hour or so, fine, he’ll run that whole time and fight for everything.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

He didn’t once fully open up and sprint last night though, so I wonder if he’s still taking it a little easy. I don’t see there being a massive issue with him and playing will only strengthen it.

As for the above, good to know Hendry is alright, I’d play him anyway. He’s got confidence and swagger and looks dangerous. If he lasts an hour or so, fine, he’ll run that whole time and fight for everything.

Yep - he had two runs where he opened out a little bit and got back quickly for that clumsy looking challenge in the first half but even then I don't think he was running at full pace. He was still able to run away from opposition players with ease. His pace is frightening. 

Archived