Derby Day: Kilmarnock vs St Johnstone

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Oh totally - we had the same with Chris Millar. Right now our midfield options are Davidson, Callachan (neither have th ability to do what your midfield does), Craig (too old), Alston,  wotherspoon (not natural in that sitting role) and Goss (too slow/pea hearted). 

It may well have to be a project of some kind but there’s not one player I’d lay my hat on and say they could even get close to any of your midfield options in terms of what they give your team. 

Edit: I’m not sure the strength of your team or otherwise is relevant. I was comparing your midfielder options to ours.  We stack up very poorly against your options in there, which is a recurring theme against most sides in the division. Probably all but the bottom three. 

Is Davidson too old? He's ruined us a few times in recent years. 

Or has our midfield just improved to a point he can't live with them? 

Or a bit of both 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're being hyper critical, Davidson is part of the issue. Hes such a important part of the club hes become almost undroppable (until recently), yet hes so limited on the ball it chucks so much pressure on whoevers playing next to him, as they have to both take the ball off defenders, and link up with attackers, as he'll do neither.

Guest Moomintroll

Kilmarnock were utter dross for many years. Then SSC arrived and has worked so well with mostly the same players - correct me if that’s wrong. He is the best manager in the country. No doubt.

FTFY, he truly is. In spite of the fact it would hurt us, although he could leave us with Lord Dyer and use him as an Assistant on a PT basis, the SFA have to go cap in hand to get him as the Scotland Manager.

What a team we have right now, great belief and working tirelessly for each other.  Was as comfortable a 90 mins as I've ever seen, thought Saints were very poor and didn't really contribute anything to the game. 

Well done to the 120 brave souls who made their way through. 

11 minutes ago, Howlin Wilf said:

What a team we have right now, great belief and working tirelessly for each other.  Was as comfortable a 90 mins as I've ever seen, thought Saints were very poor and didn't really contribute anything to the game. 

Well done to the 120 brave souls who made their way through. 

120, jeez oh Hamilton bring more.

12 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

120, jeez oh Hamilton bring more.

HAHA jokes on you, as there was actually 138 fans there.

Bet you feel stupid now.

Just now, Killiefan said:

Sorry I couldn’t see the  others as they were hidden behind their Scottish Farmers.

That's makes no sense. 

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 19:03, Radford said:

Don't get me wrong, we need to sign a couple of forwards but - and you are always influenced by the match you've just watched endured - but getting the central midfield right to harness players like Kennedy, and O'Halloran has to be the priority, just like @PauloPerth says. Guys like Burke and McKenzie are no better than them but they are given such a better platform by Power, Dicker and Mulumbu.

Burke is better than Kennedy or MOH will ever be. And that's him at 35.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Burke is better than Kennedy or MOH will ever be. And that's him at 35.

He's essentially our Moravcik at this point - an incredibly talented player who has got better with age. Hopefully he keeps playing (with us) until he's 40.

Archived