Derby Day: Kilmarnock vs St Johnstone

While a shite performance as per from the main man in black Bobby Madden. I want to give him a shout-out for giving it back to us in the east stand. Gave me a chuckle, can't say the same for the rest of the stand.

The thumbs up when he got called a w****r was good banter.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While a shite performance as per from the main man in black Bobby Madden. I want to give him a shout-out for giving it back to us in the east stand. Gave me a chuckle, can't say the same for the rest of the stand.
It looked like he said f**k off. I thought it was funny but there were numerous heads gone around me.

On 05/04/2019 at 13:27, Kyle said:

I reckon we'll get pumped tomorrow to be honest. 

Yep. We have 2 wins all season against teams currently above us in the table. At the time of both victories, we were above them in the league. We really are a team completely devoid of character and we need to bring in players who can provide that in the summer. 

Thanks to Killie for being nice to us there. Could easily have been a lot worse than 2-0. We were abysmal, even Kerr had a horror show.

Got a free ticket for the Killie end so that was an absolute joy as well.

25 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Ah well. Killie just scraped it...

Relying on an own goal and a penalty. What an ordinary team.

Basics absent so often with Saints today, just winning headers, taking a good touch, completing simple pass. Get that stuff right and then the rest might come. As it was, we were completely disjointed and don't think put a decent move together all game.

We are a long way off the top four or five teams these days.

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

And to think I was actually excited about this squad a wee while ago.

Folk got far too carried away too quickly with this squad. Ironically, probably the same people now moaning most loudly.

I didn't see it earlier in the season when there was a lot of hype but admit they started to win me over with the late autumn run. That's all it was though, a good run.

Killie remind me of what we used to be. Good experience, never lose a battle and better players than a lot give them credit for.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Folk got far too carried away too quickly with this squad. Ironically, probably the same people now moaning most loudly.

Maybe naive, but I'd been hyping the team up so much on forums in the hope it persuaded those who have fallen away to come back regularly. Ridiculous hype works for the EPL, why not Saints?

Daft idea probably, but there we are.

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I didn't see it earlier in the season when there was a lot of hype but admit they started to win me over with the late autumn run. That's all it was though, a good run.

Killie remind me of what we used to be. Good experience, never lose a battle and better players than a lot give them credit for.

I think people got carried away because we’d actually signed some players with pace and attacking flair. Last season was a dire watch because we were so one paced and predictable. This season started with us trying to be more expansive and we saw flashes of a very good footballing side. That optimism has all but disappeared now with a huge chunk of our support either not attending matches or calling for the manager’s head. A ridiculous reaction but it is a very expensive hobby for a lot of people, especially when you get nothing from it. 

The winter break and the January window has been a bit of a disaster for us really. None of the 4 signings we’ve made have had a positive impact and I get the impression we’re missing a character like Anderson in the changing room. As soon as we fall behind we’re beat as the team just don’t have the drive to get us back into matches. 

This is exactly why this match is the most eagerly anticipated fixture of the season and has kicked the old firm and Edinburgh derbies right into touch.

A scintillating game providing end to end football with two evenly matched teams clearly motivated by the red hot atmosphere created by both sets of supporters, with a special mention to the huge following from Perth with 156 fans squashed into the away end giving their team tremendous vocal backing throughout.

Only a marvellous performance by the referee Bobby Madden kept a lid on the bubbling undercurrent of violence which simmered throughout a fascinating 90 minutes which was peppered with bookings and a red card for a truly shocking challenge by Kerr. The compliance officer will also be expected to examine his shameful conduct when he actively incited the home fans by leaving the pitch quietly with his head bowed.

The final straw for me was the shocking behaviour of both managers at the end clearly trying to incite violence by shaking hands and walking off together.

One final point is highlighting the 'no flares at football' as the dress sense of the visiting fans was a real low point. 

Scotland's Shame.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I get the impression we’re missing a character like Anderson in the changing room

Posted the same on WAP. 

He needs to remain next season. I'd be happy to see us sign Paul McGowan tbh. 31, experienced, an absolute c**t, hes probably as close to Millar as we could get. Stick him into the squad where Goss is. Hopefully Easton is back into the team aswell, nothing against Tanser but Easton is more of a leader.

I feel like St Johnstone are settling back down to their natural level after a few years over-performing. 

For us, another good win - obviously Dundee weren't going to be able to give us anything over Aberdeen, but 1 point behind last season's total with 5 games left to go is another excellent achievement. 

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Who? If it's Facebook banter you've went down in my estimation Radford.

Just an observation. I blame the English Premier League and its sacking culture. A few bad games and the manager has to go. And you have to post it REALLY LOUDLY on Facebook, it seems.

I don't read the banter page but have friends who often extol the quality of its debate to me.

Centre midfield.  It's all about centre midfield.  Many of us said it at the start of the season as well.

We've brought in some good players in wide areas; Drey, Kennedy, MOH when he gets upto speed, but they'll be passengers unless we can sort out the centre.  Dicker, Mulumbu, Power are all better than any player we have in that area. Brilliant work by Steve Clarke to get all three of them signed up for Kilmarnock (or to hold onto them if someone else signed them up).

We need a Morris/Millar/Dunn type to be competitive with better teams. In fact, we probably need two of them.  A couple of all round midfielders that can battle and win back possession, but are comfortable at keeping possession.

We also need a quality striker or two.

But centre midfield is a massive priority.

Archived