Hamilton v St Mirren

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Great turnout yesterday. Kudos.

The St Mirren fans on here now are a decent bunch. Not like when I first joined. Where have all the St Mirren roasters gone?

Hamilton :)

16 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

McMann emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. Gave the ball away inside our box after about 5 mins and did next to nothing after that. He must be Les Gray's lovechild. There is no other reason he gets a game.

Did you miss his great tackle seconds later? Can a player not make a blunder but then still go on to have a good game? He didn't see a lot of the ball in the first half but was more involved in the second and did well.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The St Mirren fans on here now are a decent bunch. Not like when I first joined. Where have all the St Mirren roasters gone?

They are all on black and white army. If you want to see some seriously inadequate c***s who will instantly make you feel better about yourself I'd highly recommend a read.

Obviously better from our POV than the first 2 H2Hs but Accies were still the sharper & more aggressive side - what was the point of resting players on Wednesday night if they're going to put in a performance like that.
The match stats say it all more possession for us but less attempts on goal and only 1 on target from us, the penalty, fewer fouls by us emphasising the low key performance in a vital game,  overall some nice play from us but Accies always looked more to score. [emoji20] 
Pass marks to Dreyer for the DIVE  default_notworthy.gif&key=eb1eb19f6cdaf46430b4ba295338d05635ae7fafb178990852f39e423cabe6b3default_clap.gif&key=a83cee38535cb660638307608118565ed5b8e0626bb84ab4a5dd3e2d63cb26addefault_punk.gif&key=6d0919876e9ccd4354cbb797ec08240bc190932275372669a607a047f9c6c4ee& scoring the subsequent penalty, Flynn & Hladkey (what a lad!) for some brilliant saves more than making up for his wee fumble at the start of the second half!

Got to agree with this tbh. Agree a draw was fair result as it took Accies to change their formation after half hour before we started playing but i was shocked at how toothless St Mirren we’re up front. Slowing up counter attacks, picking the wrong option, poor final ball and terrible shooting. . . and this was against our defence that’s hardly solid (think we created most of your chances in the first half FFS!) Was this just a bad day at the office for you guys?

For us, the opposite really. We struggled in midfield and some of our “playing out from the back” was woeful but when we got it up to Davies & Oakley we looked dangerous. Some vital saves by Saints Keeper today.

We need to fix the formation to play to Davies and Oakley’s strengths. For me that’s 4-4-2, no diamond but flat 4 across middle aiming to get crosses into the box.

Finally awesome performance from some of the old heads and esp Ziggy. 100% effort and passion and he was unlucky for the pen but quickly put it behind him [emoji123]

Did you miss his great tackle seconds later? Can a player not make a blunder but then still go on to have a good game? He didn't see a lot of the ball in the first half but was more involved in the second and did well.
Did you miss the bit when he had a free shot but somehow managed not to get a shot away.

They were an absolute rabble when I 1st joined too, with posters like Captain Sensible, Ric, Stuart Dickson, Reynard and Frank Booth to name a few. Definitely had some mentalists back then.

Don’t know if it’s a lack of confidence or just a lack of composure but we need to be a lot more clinical in the remaining games to stay up.

That said I felt we played well and while soft, the penalty was quite justified. Dreyer cut back and Ziggy hung out a lazy leg which impeded him, Dreyer definitely sold it but unfortunately that is what you need to do to get a penalty unless you’re one of the arse cheeks.

Certainly feeling a lot better about our chances than a few months ago and watching Dreyer ignore any celebrations after his penalty, as he was chasing the win, suggests the players feel the same.

8 hours ago, btb said:

Stonewall penalty in the first half, was at the game and watched it on Alba and the answer is no, but I've still got the game so if you give me the time I'll check it out. 

Accepted it's the norm to go down these days but that was a clear dive and the wrong decision by the ref - fortunately for us.

Actually felt we had a good shout for a penalty too in the first half. Haven't seen it back but looked like Dreyer's standing leg was caught late after he crossed. Fans and players claimed for it but think Beaton was looking at ball and linesman was otherside. 

7 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They were an absolute rabble when I 1st joined too, with posters like Captain Sensible, Ric, Stuart Dickson, Reynard and Frank Booth to name a few. Definitely had some mentalists back then.

What was the story with the poster Reynard he seemed to be pretty active on here then just disappeared? Some of his posts were mental. 

18 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

What was the story with the poster Reynard he seemed to be pretty active on here then just disappeared? Some of his posts were mental. 

Didn't he get punted for trolling the politics forum?

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Didn't he get punted for trolling the politics forum?

Very possibly. Did he not claim to own a castle in Ayrshire and made picture frames in a hut :lol: might be getting mixed up it was a few years ago. 

57 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

The Government put him in charge of their Brexit strategy. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
8 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

They were decent times. Fact you can still rattle their names off suggests that. Now I struggle.

They weren't really. 

Captain was and remains a good poster on BAWA as Wendy Saints. 

Dickson is a mentalist, fantasist, narcissist. 2 decades of 'not being a St Mirren fan' and he still stalks the forums and official Facebook page starting fights. 

Ric was alright but got really weird in the end, culminating in a bizarre appearance at one of the P&B 5s tournaments (can't mind any other details as it was so long ago) . A lot of the original posters from back in the day seemed to go that way. I've been on here since more or less the start and several of those who seemed decent ended up going off on one. Kilt, Clyde til We Die etc. 

Reynard. Was he not the St. Mirren version of Im_Rodger with his oddball tory leanings? 

Think the only Hamilton fan I ever remember on here that doesn't post anymore is John McVeigh (is a tit). A guy who was so relentless in his pursual of trying shite patter (long before Dundee Utd fans did it with calling us Maureens) that Div still hasn't changed the word filter to allow you to type the word 'M inge' 

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Actually felt we had a good shout for a penalty too in the first half. Haven't seen it back but looked like Dreyer's standing leg was caught late after he crossed. Fans and players claimed for it but think Beaton was looking at ball and linesman was otherside. 

Roundabout 22 mins? 

Wouldn't call it "stonewall" but yeah a better shout than the one we got.

Archived