Hamilton v St Mirren

Mimnaugh was decent, very composed at times. Not out of his depth but agree, never MotM. Ziggy, Davies and McMann were better candidates. St Mirren deserved at least a point and should have had a penalty in the first half. We came out the traps far better after half time and Rice made the correct subs, though big Marios barely won a header.

Can anyone remember the crowd split that was announced? I know the crowd was 3096 and Saints brought 1700 odd.

St.Mirren could have put the game to bed  first half with four glaring chances after cock ups from us at the back and our strikers would have scored at least two of them.

Midfield non existent for large periods which is our main problem and has been all season.Bit better second half with a soft penalty although the one in the first half looked more a penalty for me.

Great saves at the end by the St.Mirren keeper although that would have been unfair on the visitors who deserved a point.

I think Rice looks to have run out of faith in McMillan judging by bringing big Oggy straight in after being injured since last game of last season...on a grass pitch.

Only real losers today were Dundee although that goes in at the end and it gives us breathing space on St.Mirren.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

Should have scored first half. What Lyons was doing I don't know. Knew Hamilton would not be as bad in the second half and so it proved. 

Felt the changes we made were wrong too. Mullen offered more than Jackson in terms of hold up play. Erhahon was murder today too going forward and really isn't comfortable playing there.  

Hdlaky however.  Quality and so solid and hasn't got me soiling myself at corners like earlier in the season! 

Mimnaugh was decent, very composed at times. Not out of his depth but agree, never MotM. Ziggy, Davies and McMann were better candidates. St Mirren deserved at least a point and should have had a penalty in the first half. We came out the traps far better after half time and Rice made the correct subs, though big Marios barely won a header.
Can anyone remember the crowd split that was announced? I know the crowd was 3096 and Saints brought 1700 odd.
McMann [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Gave the ball away inside our box after about 5 mins and did next to nothing after that. He must be Les Gray's lovechild. There is no other reason he gets a game.

28 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Should have scored first half. What Lyons was doing I don't know. Knew Hamilton would not be as bad in the second half and so it proved. 

Felt the changes we made were wrong too. Mullen offered more than Jackson in terms of hold up play. Erhahon was murder today too going forward and really isn't comfortable playing there.  

Hdlaky however.  Quality and so solid and hasn't got me soiling myself at corners like earlier in the season! 

Ethan is a weak link these days at wing half. He can defend ok but absolutely shits himself when he crosses the half way line. Last week was great to see two wing backs playing. Hopefully Gary Mac comes back into defence very soon allowing Muzek to play wing-back.

Sounds like we were unlucky today and a real opportunity missed.

If you consider we still have Gary mac, Anton, mcallister, Mcginn and magennis all to come back for hopefully at least a few games at end of the season we have a fighting chance.

Unfortunately the chances we had fell to the wrong player in the first half . Christ knows what Lyons was thinking,  especially the 2nd one. That said , I thought we played some decent stuff today and all that was missing was some composure in the final 3rd. It could turn out to be a decent point if we win the return game in the penultimate fixture. Onwards and upwards. 

Obviously better from our POV than the first 2 H2Hs but Accies were still the sharper & more aggressive side - what was the point of resting players on Wednesday night if they're going to put in a performance like that.

The match stats say it all more possession for us but less attempts on goal and only 1 on target from us, the penalty, fewer fouls by us emphasising the low key performance in a vital game,  overall some nice play from us but Accies always looked more to score. :( 

Pass marks to Dreyer for the DIVE  :notworthy:clapping:headbang& scoring the subsequent penalty, Flynn & Hladkey (what a lad!) for some brilliant saves more than making up for his wee fumble at the start of the second half!

Obviously better from our POV than the first 2 H2Hs but Accies were still the sharper & more aggressive side - what was the point of resting players on Wednesday night if they're going to put in a performance like that.
The match stats say it all more possession for us but less attempts on goal and only 1 on target from us, the penalty, fewer fouls by us emphasising the low key performance in a vital game,  overall some nice play from us but Accies always looked more to score. [emoji20] 
Pass marks to Dreyer for the DIVE  default_notworthy.gif&key=eb1eb19f6cdaf46430b4ba295338d05635ae7fafb178990852f39e423cabe6b3default_clap.gif&key=a83cee38535cb660638307608118565ed5b8e0626bb84ab4a5dd3e2d63cb26addefault_punk.gif&key=6d0919876e9ccd4354cbb797ec08240bc190932275372669a607a047f9c6c4ee& scoring the subsequent penalty, Flynn & Hladkey (what a lad!) for some brilliant saves more than making up for his wee fumble at the start of the second half!
I thought we played through Accies pretty well, especially in the first half. We were pretty wasteful with the final pass or shot (Lyons in particular, either rattle it or play it across). Accies set up pretty open though, they improved in the 2nd half. If they set up and play like that in Paisley we won't be as wasteful.

Ironically i think we missed Nazon. Dryer is beginning to look like a player though.

I’m not sure what game the poster btb was watching, but in my opinion we should have been at least 3-0 up and out of sight in the first half.  Brad Lyons and Danny Mullen guilty of not taking their chances. 

The second half should have been a formality given the glaring chances we passed up,  in the end it felt like a defeat but at least we gained a point on Dundee.

Hladky and Popescu have been outstanding signings.

27 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not sure what game the poster btb was watching, but in my opinion we should have been at least 3-0 up and out of sight in the first half.  Brad Lyons and Danny Mullen guilty of not taking their chances. 

The second half should have been a formality given the glaring chances we passed up,  in the end it felt like a defeat but at least we gained a point on Dundee.

Hladky and Popescu have been outstanding signings.

I was watching a game where we had fewer chances none of them on target apart from a penalty awarded for a dive.

A clear case of "if your aunty had balls" logic from glenburn

Edited by btb

10 minutes ago, btb said:

I was watching a game where we had fewer chances none of them on target apart from a penalty awarded for a dive.

A clear case of "if your aunty had balls" logic from glenburn

Did you see the stonewall penalty that everyone in the ground witnessed first half ? John Beaton must have been unsighted for that incident. As for the pen given then it’s become blatantly obvious that refs won’t give a penalty if players stay on their feet. There was contact on Dreyer    Albeit minimal but he’s only doing what any player would do in that situation if there’s contact.

26 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Did you see the stonewall penalty that everyone in the ground witnessed first half ? John Beaton must have been unsighted for that incident. As for the pen given then it’s become blatantly obvious that refs won’t give a penalty if players stay on their feet. There was contact on Dreyer    Albeit minimal but he’s only doing what any player would do in that situation if there’s contact.

Stonewall penalty in the first half, was at the game and watched it on Alba and the answer is no, but I've still got the game so if you give me the time I'll check it out. 

Accepted it's the norm to go down these days but that was a clear dive and the wrong decision by the ref - fortunately for us.

Great atmosphere from start to finish yesterday it was a good turn out & we backed the team from start to finish.

Hladky is an outstanding goalie, what a find! First time in a long time that I’ve had this sort of confidence in our keeper.

I also thought Paul McGinn, Popescu & Ryan Flynn were stand out performers.

We’ve got the belief & togetherness, just need a bit of cutting edge up front & if we can find that we will stay up.