Hamilton v St Mirren

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT 0-0

Been the better team actually, should be winning. Thought we had a stonewall penalty turned down after Dreyer got wiped out.

One of those ones where the ball is gone before he gets kicked over in the box. Was still in play though, should have been a penalty.

Brad Lyons has had two great chances, sadly for us he’s shite.

Feels like a 0-0.

HT 0-0

Been the better team actually, should be winning. Thought we had a stonewall penalty turned down after Dreyer got wiped out.

One of those ones where the ball is gone before he gets kicked over in the box. Was still in play though, should have been a penalty.

Brad Lyons has had two great chances, sadly for us he’s shite.

Feels like a 0-0.
I thought it was a penalty as well.

Can’t remember last time I saw Saints completely dominate a half of football. 

Lyons has missed two sitters, we’ve had several other good chances, and inexplicably Beaton didn’t give a penalty when Dreyer got absolutely wiped out in the box. 

And just to show he’s not influenced by the crowd a few minutes later he gives a goal kick when every single person behind the goals saw it was a corner. 

Accies havent really been in it but after a misshit clearance and a quick pass they had a clear chance that needed a great save. 

Accies cant be as bad second half but we really need to keep it going and get a win. 

FT 1-1

Yeah that’s fine. Dundee look like they’ve chucked it, so I guess its playoffs. Never seen us in a playoff before, looks like good fun.

I thought we should have had 1 penalty today and we got 1. The 1 we got wasn’t 1 and the 1 we didn’t was 1 though... Funny old game.

Draw about right on the balance of play. Though we could have lost in the final minutes, Hladky save and goal line clearance and we are good.

Hamilton are the 10th best team in the country and I expect they will finish there.

Tannadice on a Wednesday night? Love a bit of it.

Accies work so hard for their goal. Well taken from plump Steve then Gogic is as Gogic does and gives away a stupid penalty. Good save from the st mirren keeper at the end.

Absence definitely does not make the heart grow fonder as Ogmpkgui is still a complete holocaust of a player who should have just had his contract paid up when he got injured.

Draw is a fair result two terrible football teams who are still clear of Dundee.

Poor, poor display for most of that.
There was a lot going on with our tactics that it's quite hard to unpack it all, but we ended up playing three different formations with all of them causing similar issues: too much space for St Mirren's wing-backs, solely reliant on Kilgallon playing out, and a failure to get enough bodies around the strikers for knock-downs.
I thought Gogic was good - probably his best performance since his return - and Davies grew into the game to become a real handful. Mimnaugh showed why Rice is willing to give him a chance, and taking him off meant we lost all deep creativity.
The goal was like the two we scored against St Johnstone a couple of months ago - a brilliant cross from Andreu and Davies' finish was almost identical to Oakley's first in that game.
However, we got away with that performance. We didn't know what to do when St Mirren pressed, eventually just resorting to lumping it. There wasn't enough protection for Kilgallon and Ziggy which made it so easy for St Mirren to counter. They had four or five really good chances.
Still, if you told me after losing to Annan that we'd be in the position we currently are going into the split, I'd have been delighted.

Accies work so hard for their goal. Well taken from plump Steve then Gogic is as Gogic does and gives away a stupid penalty. Good save from the st mirren keeper at the end.

Absence definitely does not make the heart grow fonder as Ogmpkgui is still a complete holocaust of a player who should have just had his contract paid up when he got injured.

Draw is a fair result two terrible football teams who are still clear of Dundee.
I'm sure it was Ziggy who gave the foul away.

Felt we missed The Duck today, Jackson and Mullen were both poor.

Should've killed them off first half with Lyons chances - what was he trying with that second one?! Hamilton look equally as shite (possibly even worse) as ourselves and are certainly not out of this yet. 

Archived