Hamilton v St Mirren

37 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

What was the allocation?

Not sure. I know the initial allocation sold out by Tuesday and a new batch was delivered on Wednesday and that's pretty much all gone.

Would accies open a pay at the gate?

God knows why they didn't just give us enough tickets to begin with. At this time of year when we have meaningful games we carry a great away support.

6 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Not sure. I know the initial allocation sold out by Tuesday and a new batch was delivered on Wednesday and that's pretty much all gone.

Would accies open a pay at the gate?

God knows why they didn't just give us enough tickets to begin with. At this time of year when we have meaningful games we carry a great away support.

Yeah especially as they're giving away tickets for the home end. Early spring matches in (hopefully) a bit of sunshine are good for getting the casuals along.

Must admit I'm quite tempted by this game. In a weird quirk, I'll have attended all 3 matches between Hamilton and St Mirren this season if I do go. I thought St Mirren looked up for the fight against us 10 days ago. They didn't really create anything but they worked hard for each other. Hoping for another good game between the sides - Hamilton have looked the far better team of the two in the two previous matches and indeed in 3 of the games against us but reckon it will be closer tomorrow.

Edited by Kyle

15 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Interesting to hear both accies and Dundees fans questioning the attitude of their players. Certainly not something I can complain about from saints. Players and fans seem right up for this run in.

Dont have any problems with the Accies players attitude, I do have a problem with the quality.  IMO this is easily the worst Accies team I've seen in the Premier League since the 1980s.

If St.Mirren have sold their allocation,I would expect Accies to have a cash gate/open the Gazebo for their fans which is no surprise as historically St.Mirren have always brought a big support to Hamilton over the years.

As for the game,St.Mirren should be favourites here as Accies have been 'Canningesque' the last two games with really dreadful,half hearted performances.

I have heard a few folk querying whether Rice has lost the players which I don't believe myself perceiving it more to be their general inability to go on a 2-3 match unbeaten run ,rather than the above, but this game will be very telling as we will need to match the effort and increased confidence of our visitors who are a different proposition from the previous two meetings.

This isn't a game for inexperienced,skinny wee boys;the likes of Imrie and Davies should start even if we only get 60 minutes out of the pair of them as hopefully the job will be done by then and we can bring them off.

As always with Rice,a lot depends on his team line up/formation as when he gets it wrong,he gets it badly wrong as results have shown.

I see this as a must win for us as there is no way we will win 2/3 away games with these players-especially as a trip to bogey team St.Johnstone will likely be the other away game apart from Dundee and St.Mirren.

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

If St.Mirren have sold their allocation,I would expect Accies to have a cash gate/open the Gazebo for their fans which is no surprise as historically St.Mirren have always brought a big support to Hamilton over the years.

As for the game,St.Mirren should be favourites here as Accies have been 'Canningesque' the last two games with really dreadful,half hearted performances.

I have heard a few folk querying whether Rice has lost the players which I don't believe myself perceiving it more to be their general inability to go on a 2-3 match unbeaten run ,rather than the above, but this game will be very telling as we will need to match the effort and increased confidence of our visitors who are a different proposition from the previous two meetings.

This isn't a game for inexperienced,skinny wee boys;the likes of Imrie and Davies should start even if we only get 60 minutes out of the pair of them as hopefully the job will be done by then and we can bring them off.

As always with Rice,a lot depends on his team line up/formation as when he gets it wrong,he gets it badly wrong as results have shown.

I see this as a must win for us as there is no way we will win 2/3 away games with these players-especially as a trip to bogey team St.Johnstone will likely be the other away game apart from Dundee and St.Mirren.

Not gonna fall for that one again!

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
Hey Accies' fans - what is the capacity of the Away stand?

See post a couple up 2200 apparently. Stunned if we have sold all that !

I have read conflicting reports about the Away capacity. But am not surprised if we have sold it out due to the circumstances and it is an easy journey from Paisley.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I'm sure you will start Imrie.

Rice will know all about him and his history with St Mirren.

Even in the first game this season, which ended up a comfortable Accies win, it was the Imrie engineered penalty that really ended the game.

He's just the kind of player you want to have on your team in a game like this.

I imagine the patg facility will be for the stand we've already sold tickets for. If the last game there is anything to go by, it will be a shambles trying to get in. Think there were 2 turnstiles open last game.

I'm sure you will start Imrie.
Rice will know all about him and his history with St Mirren.
Even in the first game this season, which ended up a comfortable Accies win, it was the Imrie engineered penalty that really ended the game.
He's just the kind of player you want to have on your team in a game like this.
Imrie's done but he and MacKinnon are two players I'd definitely want in a relegation battle.
Unless it's a last-minute penalty against Dundee, and yes, that does still haunt every second of my existence.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
Hey Accies' fans - what is the capacity of the Away stand?

See post a couple up 2200 apparently. Stunned if we have sold all that !

9 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I have read conflicting reports about the Away capacity. But am not surprised if we have sold it out due to the circumstances and it is an easy journey from Paisley.

This has a feeling of those epic relegation clashes away to Falkirk 4-5 years ago.

Artificial pitch, open stadium, huge away Saints support in a must win game.

Hope the result goes the same way.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Imrie's done but he and MacKinnon are two players I'd definitely want in a relegation battle.
Unless it's a last-minute penalty against Dundee, and yes, that does still haunt every second of my existence.

Those two really hurt us in that game.

MacKinnon 'did' Coulson who had been one of the few bright sparks in the Stubbs era.

Within 10 minutes of him going off we'd lost two goals.

Tomorrow is not a game for the faint hearted and both teams will want their strongest (mentally as well as physically) players on the pitch.  

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah especially as they're giving away tickets for the home end. Early spring matches in (hopefully) a bit of sunshine are good for getting the casuals along.

Are you hoping for a bit of boxing like the good old days a Love Street?:whistle

4 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

This has a feeling of those epic relegation clashes away to Falkirk 4-5 years ago.

Artificial pitch, open stadium, huge away Saints support in a must win game.

Hope the result goes the same way.

2 points:

1. Think the pitch at Falkirk was grass at the time.

2. I'm going to make you feel right old here, but those two games were 9 and 10 years ago. :(