Hamilton v St Mirren

Absolutely massive game, a win would mean going into the split with a minimum gap of 6 points between us and 11th and that's if Dundee manage to beat Aberdeen. Lose and we'll have St Mirren breathing down our necks only a point behind.

Hopefully a change of squad to bring the better players back in, McGowan will most likely not be available which is a big blow. We've trampled St Mirren on both occasions so far, hopefully that continues.

Biggest game since the last big game.
On the plus side, Rice has been pretty good at home, winning two, drawing one and only losing to Rangers.
Alternatively, we are fucking guff and Saints are due a result against us.
Interesting to see what happens given both managers will know each other pretty well, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it.

If we're to have any chance of avoiding the bottom 2 , this game is probably a must win. 

Hopefully our starting 11 are a bit fresher than their counterparts given the 6 changes last night. 

As for previous games between the 2 teams this season,  I'm optimistic that they'll have no bearing on this given the wholesale changes to our squad since the last meetings.  

A nervy affair guaranteed. 

9 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Interesting to hear both accies and Dundees fans questioning the attitude of their players. Certainly not something I can complain about from saints. Players and fans seem right up for this run in.

Yeah, it's genuinely interesting to see how this'll pan out, especially as we chose Stubbs and then Kearney over both of the other managers. 

I'll be honest, I'd not realised Rice had any ambitions to be a manager and was surprised when Accies went for him. Looked like a master stroke when he first came in there.

I actually hope he does well - emerging with credit from the Stubbs regime can't have been easy - but not at our expense. I'd settle for him keeping Accies up via the playoffs.

Edited by Coventry Saint

18 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Absolutely massive game, a win would mean going into the split with a minimum gap of 6 points between us and 11th and that's if Dundee manage to beat Aberdeen. Lose and we'll have St Mirren breathing down our necks only a point behind.

Hopefully a change of squad to bring the better players back in, McGowan will most likely not be available which is a big blow. We've trampled St Mirren on both occasions so far, hopefully that continues.

You have beaten us well in both previous games and deserved to. However that was a squad assembled by Stubbs. Kearney has signed some far better players and given us a chance when we had looked doomed.

Our squad looks up for it and we also have players returning after long term injury.  I don't think Saturday's game will bear any reflection on previous games this season.