Joker

SweeperDee

That looks class.

I was utterly uninterested in this after Leto’s attempt at the character, which I absolutely despise. That was like a corporate version of ‘whackiness’, a shiny load of bollocks that was too polished. It totally missed the mark as it seemed like they fell well short of what they were aiming for with the character. The worst part was that he was just so boring. A truly dreadful attempt at it.

I felt they’d kicked the arse out of the Joker and when this new film was announced I groaned and immediately wrote it off.

The trailer has changed my mind though. Will definitely be giving it a shot.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That looks class.

I was utterly uninterested in this after Leto’s attempt at the character, which I absolutely despise. That was like a corporate version of ‘whackiness’, a shiny load of bollocks that was too polished. It totally missed the mark as it seemed like they fell well short of what they were aiming for with the character. The worst part was that he was just so boring. A truly dreadful attempt at it.

I felt they’d kicked the arse out of the Joker and when this new film was announced I groaned and immediately wrote it off.

Agreed.

Add in the god-awful version in Gotham*, which for some reason the internet fanboys love, and this film has to deliver. Phoenix strikes me as the right sort of actor to get the character right.

*Gotham actually does some of the villains well. It has a cracking version of Penguin, and both Firefly and Victor Zsasz were great fun.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That looks class.

I agree with this also. I think it's maybe a wee bit harsh but in the right ballpark.

Jared Leto’s joker is shite tbh. However DC have stated that this Joaquin Phoenix film will most likely be standalone with no sequel, and although it’s DC and in the same universe, it’s not going to impact Leto’s future appearances (in whatever films he reprises the role).

On 04/04/2019 at 13:34, DA Baracus said:

Tbf that version of the Joker is meant to be an older one, who's had his head caved in to an incredible degree by a Batman who willingly kills folk, and decided to build an empire to try and protect himself. It's a different universe to any other Joker verse that's made it to film. He was also barely in the film.

This one looks incredible, though.

Like has been said, I thought they'd kicked the arse out of the character after the success of TDK.

When they announced this I was sceptical, but having seen the trailer I think it could be really good.

I must say that the dark knight will take a hell of a lot of beating but in all honesty its one of my favourite films. So i may go into this wanting it to be bad but from everything ive seen it looks awesome. The casting of Joaquin Phoenix looks like a stroke of genius, he is a talented actor and can easily pull of the madness of the joker. He is extremely good in return to paradise, 8mm and we own the night....

• 4 months later...

It's looking good. Joker is such a complex and brilliant character and I think Phoenix will pull it off. I expect he'll be compared to Ledger's excellent portrale but they can't be compared for me because this looks like Joker's decent into madness whereas he was already well and truly gone by the time Ledger played him.

To begin with, I thought we would get a Leto joker film as apparently filmed a load of scenes that were cut and would have expanded his interpretation of the joker. He wasn't happy at the amount of scenes that were cut.
Now, having seen the latest trailer for this, I already think phoenix is a great actor, I think this looks brilliant.
In 3 and a half years the only film I have went to cinema for was the last avengers one I can see me telling the wife she has the kids as I'm off to watch this.

On 30/08/2019 at 16:03, 19QOS19 said:

It's looking good. Joker is such a complex and brilliant character and I think Phoenix will pull it off. I expect he'll be compared to Ledger's excellent portrale but they can't be compared for me because this looks like Joker's decent into madness whereas he was already well and truly gone by the time Ledger played him.

It's been compared VERY favourably btw.