Linlithgow Rose CFC 2019-20

Auld Heid

2 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Not sure what the association between the Rose and the Rose CFC will be but by all accounts the Bo’ness United connection / development/feeder/pathway concept that Linlithgow Thistle appear to have (and playing at Newtown Park) would merit changing the name to come under the banner.

I may have missed something but it doesn't appear the the community club have changed anything to come under any banner?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sdafa2 said:

I may have missed something but it doesn't appear the the community club have changed anything to come under any banner?

It was in response to “poor copy” and “own identity” comments, sdafa2. Trying to explain why Bo’ness United and Linlithgow Rose names are being used

3 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

They won’t have any less fans than BSC Alloa or Edusport.

Those clubs didn’t change their name to try and hang on to the coat tails of a club that’s left an association. 

People  like you are the reason we are still looking at an artificial divide in non league football in 2019. Good job the EoS clubs looked further than the end of their nose last year when they allowed the ex juniors clubs into their league for the good of the game in the east of the country. Something TJ and the Dundee based ERSJFA are trying to undo for their own agenda.

Does this mean this mob are The Wee Wee Rose?

6 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

A couple of weeks back I was speaking to someone who is signing for the new Bo'ness Juniors team. Been with Dunipace the past couple of seasons. 

Is this player still a current dunipace player?

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Another reasoned response to a genuine question, thanks. 

Well let’s be frank... if I was a player signed with Dunipace would I rather be getting pumped every week in a shitty EoS league next season or playing for Bo’ness United Juniors (rumours are that they’ll be backed well), who will be playing at Newtown Park, part of their Bo’ness community pathway and, added to that, prospects of being progressed into the senior side?? I know where I’d play...

13 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Well let’s be frank... if I was a player signed with Dunipace would I rather be getting pumped every week in a shitty EoS league next season or playing for Bo’ness United Juniors (rumours are that they’ll be backed well), who will be playing at Newtown Park, part of their Bo’ness community pathway and, added to that, prospects of being progressed into the senior side?? I know where I’d play...

Frank this is a particularly disrespectful post towards dunipace and the people that work tirelessly to progress their club. Was always going to be a transitional few seasons for the club playing against sides much further on in their progress. (the last 5 seasons dunipace have tabled their efforts off the park for a sustainable future and suffered on the park as a result) in terms of 'getting pumped every week' that is a particularly in depth view that I can only assume is made after attending a lot of dunipace games over the season. :-) 

Ultimately though I suppose it will be up to any players to weigh up the pros and cons of their own situation, as it always is, prior to deciding where they play, what level and for how much.....

As far as the new Bo'ness united juniors side (current Linlithgow ams I believe), I wish them well and hope they are backed by the community. That being said is it not the case that there isnt a link to the existing Bo'ness united eos side? (maybe I'm wrong though). 

47 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

The only teams which have pumped Dunipace are those who will be in the EOS Premier Division next season, while Dunipace will be playing in a competitive First Division.

And do all these Bo'ness Junior players know they'll be up against the likes of Kirkcaldy YM, Lochgelly, Rosyth, Stoneyburn etc. in a 9 team league?

41 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Frank this is a particularly disrespectful post towards dunipace and the people that work tirelessly to progress their club. Was always going to be a transitional few seasons for the club playing against sides much further on in their progress. (the last 5 seasons dunipace have tabled their efforts off the park for a sustainable future and suffered on the park as a result) in terms of 'getting pumped every week' that is a particularly in depth view that I can only assume is made after attending a lot of dunipace games over the season. :-) 

Ultimately though I suppose it will be up to any players to weigh up the pros and cons of their own situation, as it always is, prior to deciding where they play, what level and for how much.....

As far as the new Bo'ness united juniors side (current Linlithgow ams I believe), I wish them well and hope they are backed by the community. That being said is it not the case that there isnt a link to the existing Bo'ness united eos side? (maybe I'm wrong though). 

Fair play to all those working tirelessly behind the scenes at all clubs. I find it hypocritical when I see comments about Junior clubs trying to better themselves by going to EoS on one thread and putting down others such as Linlithgow Thistle/Bo’ness United and Linlithgow Rose CFC progressing to Junior in another! Well done to them.

As far as I’m led to believe, and going by press releases, the Bo’ness United Juniors Club is very much part of Bo’ness United pathway and will be a feeder/development club to Bo’ness United FC.

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The only teams which have pumped Dunipace are those who will be in the EOS Premier Division next season, while Dunipace will be playing in a competitive First Division.

And do all these Bo'ness Junior players know they'll be up against the likes of Kirkcaldy YM, Lochgelly, Rosyth, Stoneyburn etc. in a 9 team league?

And Linlithgow Rose CFC! I think a derby of Bo’ness v Linlithgow at anything  will bring a few local people through the gates...may even turn a few heads of existing BU and Rose supporters, particularly if either are away from home...

Good luck to them both is what i say and what ive just posted earlier, there’s a bit hypocrisy when Junior clubs were lauded by going EoS, where you have here two amateur clubs going Junior and some negativity about it.

9 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

And Linlithgow Rose CFC! I think a derby of Bo’ness v Linlithgow at anything  will bring a few local people through the gates...may even turn a few heads of existing BU and Rose supporters, particularly if either are away from home...

Good luck to them both is what i say and what ive just posted earlier, there’s a bit hypocrisy when Junior clubs were lauded by going EoS, where you have here two amateur clubs going Junior and some negativity about it.

I'm pretty sure there was no negativity from my original post regarding a player joining from dunipace. And if you read my second post back I clearly stated that I hope the new Bo'ness club get support from the locals and progress well from amateurs to juniors.... 

You, for whatever reason, had a swipe at a club who are progressing well against their plan since getting their new ground up and running, made disrespectful comments about them and the league they play in, apparently based only on an ill informed opinion you have...... Then turn around and blame others for you doing this, because they are hypocritical? 

The level of negativity you portrayed about dunipace (for the sake of not confusing things, a club I am hugely fond of) was unwarranted and only undermines the position you are trying to take regarding the new Bo'ness Juniors. 

That being said, for clarity, good luck to both new junior teams. Hopefully the ersjfa will be in with the eosfl in the next couple of seasons. 

Good luck in the juniors but they should do it on own name or a new name not use someone elses

Fair play to all those working tirelessly behind the scenes at all clubs. I find it hypocritical when I see comments about Junior clubs trying to better themselves by going to EoS on one thread and putting down others such as Linlithgow Thistle/Bo’ness United and Linlithgow Rose CFC progressing to Junior in another! Well done to them.

As far as I’m led to believe, and going by press releases, the Bo’ness United Juniors Club is very much part of Bo’ness United pathway and will be a feeder/development club to Bo’ness United FC.

If it had been independent amateur sides with their own identity making the step up there wouldn't be the same level of dislike you're seeing. No one in particular has criticised Inverkeithing, Glenrothes Strollers, Bonnyton, Gartcairn and the like for stepping up with senior sides in different leagues.

This is more in line with introducing reserves/colts/u21s and you'll notice in other threads on those subjects the comments are largely negative.

11 hours ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

As pointed out by others, your comments re. Dunipace are wide off the mark and very disrespectful on them. But calling the EoS shitty while the ERJFA just moved to literally the worst structure ever with very unattractive leagues? I've watched a fair bit of ERJFA football this and last season, but it looks so unattractive to me in the new set up that I doubt I'll even bother except for possibly the odd Lochee home game as I live in walking distance from their ground.

Archived