Linlithgow Rose CFC 2019-20

Auld Heid

Joining the East Region in 2019-20.

The community clubs amateur team moving into the East Region Juniors, playing out of the local sports centre at Kettlestoun Mains.   So a local Derby with the newly founded Bo'ness Utd Juniors (ex Linlithgow Thistle) who are playing out of the Falkirk and District Stadiun (formerly Newton Park).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

The community clubs amateur team moving into the East Region Juniors, playing out of the local sports centre at Kettlestoun Mains.   So a local Derby with the newly founded Bo'ness Utd Juniors (ex Linlithgow Thistle) who are playing out of the Falkirk and District Stadiun (formerly Newton Park).

Will you be watching them when the Rose are away from home ?

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

What happens if the East juniors merge with EoSL? Are they a separate club?

28 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Will you be watching them when the Rose are away from home ?

Highly unlikely - I might though if the Rose don't have a game

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What happens if the East juniors merge with EoSL? Are they a separate club?

Yes  - completely seperate entities  - they are LRCFC and we remain LRFC. 

52 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So the rumoured boness & linlithgow junior teams turned out to be true. 

Yes but shows desperation from ersjfa to have two look a likes in the division. I guarantee you will have idiots in the joonyur camp claiming these clubs are back in the juniors 

6 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Since it looks like the majority of players in those sides will be Lithgy boys,it certainly should be a local derby. Incidentally,if Kettlestoun Mains is the complex at the edge of town with the 3g park,than last time I was there(start of last season) it was being used as their home park by a team  from Falkirk.:huh: *

* Not unreasonable when I think that some teams from Glasgow and EK have the Hamilton Palace parks as their home grounds.

49 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Since it looks like the majority of players in those sides will be Lithgy boys,it certainly should be a local derby. Incidentally,if Kettlestoun Mains is the complex at the edge of town with the 3g park,than last time I was there(start of last season) it was being used as their home park by a team  from Falkirk.:huh: *

* Not unreasonable when I think that some teams from Glasgow and EK have the Hamilton Palace parks as their home grounds.

Most Linlithgow Thistle players were from Bo'ness, hence the name change to Boness Utd

6 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes but shows desperation from ersjfa to have two look a likes in the division. I guarantee you will have idiots in the joonyur camp claiming these clubs are back in the juniors 

Any Bo’ness v Linlithgow derby is passionate and entertaining. Makes for interesting viewing next season. A few more people make look on the Juniors with interest.

35 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Any Bo’ness v Linlithgow derby is passionate and entertaining. Makes for interesting viewing next season. A few more people make look on the Juniors with interest.

Yeah they really won't. It will steadilly get worse year after year

13 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Last time I was at the sports centre it had no chance of being used at junior level, what’s changed? Have the ERSJFA relaxed ground rules in desperation for a Linlithgow team?

Last time I was at the sports centre it had no chance of being used at junior level, what’s changed? Have the ERSJFA relaxed ground rules in desperation for a Linlithgow team?

Given their grade was decimated last season I’d imagine they’re very much desperate for clubs to make up the numbers.

Much like that couple of years when Spartans entered a side into the juniors, I don't quite get who's going to watch and support these sides except perhaps on the very odd occasion the main side don't have a game - seems a bit like turning up to watch a tribute band when the real band has a residency in your town...

I saw Spartans Juniors play once, I think I was the only paying customer who wasnt related to someone on the pitch.

Fair play to the guys behind the teams in moving their clubs to a higher level but taking on the name of clubs that have moved onto bigger and better things strikes me as rather backwards looking. Its like Celtic joining a European Superleague and Petershill taking their place in the SPFL and then deciding to call themselves Celtic - everyone knows you arent the real thing, you are Aldi coke.

Give yourself your own identity.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

I saw Spartans Juniors play once, I think I was the only paying customer who wasnt related to someone on the pitch.

Fair play to the guys behind the teams in moving their clubs to a higher level but taking on the name of clubs that have moved onto bigger and better things strikes me as rather backwards looking. Its like Celtic joining a European Superleague and Petershill taking their place in the SPFL and then deciding to call themselves Celtic - everyone knows you arent the real thing, you are Aldi coke.

Give yourself your own identity.

I made the same mistake once as well - to compound my error the time I went they were playing another fairly fan-free side...might actually have been Falkirk Juniors (RIP).  

I'd be likely to head across at some point when I got a chance to check out a new entrant side called Linlithgow Thistle, whereas Linlithgow Rose Juniors/'B' or whatever they're going out as? Doubt it - once bitten twice shy. 

Thanks Spartans....

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

I'd be likely to head across at some point when I got a chance to check out a new entrant side called Linlithgow Thistle, whereas Linlithgow Rose Juniors/'B' or whatever they're going out as? Doubt it - once bitten twice shy. 

I think most would think the same. You just look like a poor copy this way.

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think most would think the same. You just look like a poor copy this way.

Not sure what the association between the Rose and the Rose CFC will be but by all accounts the Bo’ness United connection / development/feeder/pathway concept that Linlithgow Thistle appear to have (and playing at Newtown Park) would merit changing the name to come under the banner.

Archived