Hearts v Hibernian

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

Your chances came about in the second half as we were playing a high line trying to get back into the game. We should have had a comfortable lead going into half time and had chances at the end to level it. The final score is all that matters though - we didn't have the bottle. 

I think that this was the best derby in a long time because both teams tried to play and win. Admittedly its been more us than Hibs who have shit-fested this fixture in recent seasons. 

Lennon's been just as guilty of it, to be fair.  M6.png.598f16923e9cd387a0bebe16f188d2a3.png

But we now have a manager who knows how to play with flair, likesay.  M8.png.ecfa4b79af91f05704297b4792278f24.png

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JTS98

Hearts should probably have won yesterday, but that's life. Let it slip from our grasp.

Obviously losing a derby is always a sore one, but I don't understand the depths of gloom some of my Hearts brothers and sisters seem to have slumped to.

Derbies are won and sometimes lost. It happens. We know it happens.

Also, Hibs win at Tynecastle roughly once every five years. This was their first win for six years. It's a rare event, but one that happens. We'll get back to battering them silly soon. Of this there is no doubt.

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts should probably have won yesterday

Good point. Hearts should get in touch with the SFA and explain to them that the result was wrong. It's the team that scored the least amount of goals in the game that should have won yesterday.

We've all been duped. yXAbrOQ.png

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Good point. Hearts should get in touch with the SFA and explain to them that the result was wrong. It's the team that scored the least amount of goals in the game that should have won yesterday.

We've all been duped. yXAbrOQ.png

Unfamiliar with the English language, are you? Very strange post.

I thought the ‘domination’ Hearts had in the first half almost fully came from us not being to handle them at set pieces. We were camped in for spells and it was all a bit shaky from us.

We struggled with this in the week too, with Killie getting one of their players on the end of practically every set piece. The height mismatches in this one were ridiculous but our back four grew into the game and all ended up having good games. 

Hearts got their one from Levein’s one dimensional tactic and it wasn’t enough to get a result. Hard lines.

44 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts should probably have won yesterday, but that's life. Let it slip from our grasp.

Obviously losing a derby is always a sore one, but I don't understand the depths of gloom some of my Hearts brothers and sisters seem to have slumped to.

Derbies are won and sometimes lost. It happens. We know it happens.

Also, Hibs win at Tynecastle roughly once every five years. This was their first win for six years. It's a rare event, but one that happens. We'll get back to battering them silly soon. Of this there is no doubt.

You start your post in almost reasonable form, then f**k it up with this stupidity in bold. 

Until your recent win at ER - your last win there was April 2014, hardly overwhelming?

The only thing battered in the Edinburgh derby recently is the ball - both sides have far more draws than wins at either venue.

So just suck it up, you have another chance later this month at ER, but in the meantime.....................jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Green Day said:

You start your post in almost reasonable form, then f**k it up with this stupidity in bold. 

Until your recent win at ER - your last win there was April 2014, hardly overwhelming?

The only thing battered in the Edinburgh derby recently is the ball - both sides have far more draws than wins at either venue.

So just suck it up, you have another chance later this month at ER, but in the meantime.....................jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Stupidity?

It's a mixture of fact and opinion. This is a football messageboard. What do you expect?

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Stupidity?

It's a mixture of fact and opinion. This is a football messageboard. What do you expect?

It's the opinion of some people that the earth is flat. Even although fact clearly states that it's not.

Just as fact clearly states that Hearts didn't dominate or deserve to win yesterday, regardless of your opinion.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

It's the opinion of some people that the earth is flat. Even although fact clearly states that it's not.

Just as fact clearly states that Hearts didn't dominate or deserve to win yesterday, regardless of your opinion.

There's a lot more to football than stats. I think more or less anybody watching the game objectively would have considered Hearts to be the better side.

But they lost. That's fitba.

Like I said, Hibs do this once every five years or so. That's one of those 'facts' you love so much.

Hibs can only dream of our derby record at home, away or neutral venues. We'll be fine. This is a blip.

Archived