Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 7th April

8 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Fair play to the Blue Cafu, that was an utterly splendid dafuq when that lighter landed next to his big toe.

To be fair, I thought his reaction as he followed the flight of the pie from about Row F of the East Stand to the ground was better.

You wouldn't catch me throwing a pie away, that's for sure.  Unless it was a Macaroni pie.  In that case, I'm all for throwing those pieces of shit the length of the East Stand.  Just not at footballers, of course.   

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Desp said:

To be fair, I thought his reaction as he followed the flight of the pie from about Row F of the East Stand to the ground was better.

You wouldn't catch me throwing a pie away, that's for sure.  Unless it was a Macaroni pie.  In that case, I'm all for throwing those pieces of shit the length of the East Stand.  Just not at footballers, of course.   

Only once in my life have I got a macaroni pie at Fir Park and it was absolutely vile. Ended up caught behind a massive car accident before we beat Accies 4-0 as Ainsworth ran riot. Only got in to Fir Park about 2 minutes before half time and they only had macaroni pies left. Got one because I was absolutely starving.

I would advocate the throwing of all macaroni pies into the fucking sun.

8 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Don't put yourself down mate, no one would've known.

For us, whatever. Gifted three goals so good luck getting out of that hole. 

No use whatsoever, really. Played ourselves into trouble whenever we went short because we didn't move it quickly enough, Katic ate up everything going long because Curtis Main can't header a ball. Most annoying that we kept making the same mistakes over the 90 minutes. 

Thanks mate. Hope your defence tightens itself up for the next match.

How many times are Motherwell going to get away with this? 

They were fined in the recent past for having a shit  pitch yet escape any punishment for supporters repeatedly throwing objects at opposition players!

It is the same area of the ground. The same group of supporters so not exactly difficult to identify them! 

40 minutes ago, Gusty said:

As many times as we fucking well like, you c**t!

Part of me hopes the guy that launched the pie is the same guy who horrendously assaulted Lee McCulloch with a flag pole, and he's roaming the streets of Lanarkshire, STILL AT LARGE.

48 minutes ago, Gusty said:

They were fined in the recent past for having a shit  pitch yet escape any punishment for supporters repeatedly throwing objects at opposition players!

It is the same area of the ground. The same group of supporters so not exactly difficult to identify them! 

You got problems with the establishment?

We ARE the establishment.

3 hours ago, Gusty said:

How many times? You tell me...of the hundreds of matches I've been to at Fir Park I can probably count half a dozen instances like this.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:
16 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:
How many times? You tell me...of the hundreds of matches I've been to at Fir Park I can probably count half a dozen instances like this.

Just half a dozen...well that's alright then.

Who said it was alright? certainly not me...but it pales into insignificance when put alongside what Celtic generally get up to when they visit Fir Park

On 4/8/2019 at 11:45, Desp said:

Behave!

1 minute ago, AndyRoss said:

Behave!

I firmly believe you'll be outvoted on this one, sir. 

Macaroni has absolutely no place inside a pie.   Up there with the worst pie I've ever had in my life, alongside the "Butter Pie" at Preston North End, which was just a pie filled with buttery mashed tattie.

I suspect the club will throw the book at the idiots involved on Sunday and although they are undoubtedly daft wee boys, I'd say this has to be dealt with harshly as ultimately it's only going to harm MFC.

I saw a few replies to the podcast Twitter yesterday suggesting the £20 kids season tickets may be the reason for the increase in incidents like the ones we saw on Sunday, I think there's a fair bit of merit in that. It's turned into a creche type environment where youngsters are able to push the boundaries in terms of their behaviour on a weekly basis.  

This isn't the responsibility of the older folks in that section, they've worked hard to build the atmosphere and contributed to many good things that our support have achieved in recent years. As someone who tends to move to whatever end we are shooting towards with my seven-year-old, I've been pondering for a wee while now whether she should be anywhere near that section and I think Sunday firmly answered that.

That probably kicks it on too, are some kids going to miss out on £20 season tickets going forward, if the club make the link between this deal and bother at games - it would be a real shame for those who benefit from it and simply enjoy going along to support their team.

The hysteria in the media is over the top, but this isn't an issue that should be swept under the carpet either. 

Who said it was alright? certainly not me...but it pales into insignificance when put alongside what Celtic generally get up to when they visit Fir Park
So now it's only "half a dozen" & "not as bad as Celtic"

Well done.

20 minutes ago, Desp said:

I firmly believe you'll be outvoted on this one, sir. 

Macaroni has absolutely no place inside a pie.   Up there with the worst pie I've ever had in my life, alongside the "Butter Pie" at Preston North End, which was just a pie filled with buttery mashed tattie.

That first point became insignificant after reading your second one...

44 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

I cannot remember Celtic fans throwing any missiles at Motherwell players. 

Classic whataboutery BTW.

Every single time Rangers play at Fir Park the same idiots in the same section of the stadium do exactly the same thing. It is mental Motherwell can be fined for having a piss poor playing surface yet escape any punishment for taking no obvious action to stop these idiots letting their club down. 

I find it almost unbelievable some Motherwell supporters are playing this incident down. 

7 minutes ago, Gusty said:

Every single time Rangers play at Fir Park the same idiots in the same section of the stadium do exactly the same thing. It is mental Motherwell can be fined for having a piss poor playing surface yet escape any punishment for taking no obvious action to stop these idiots letting their club down. 

I find it almost unbelievable some Motherwell supporters are playing this incident down. 

You'll have the evidence to back up the claim that "Every single time Rangers play at Fir Park the same idiots in the same section of the stadium do exactly the same thing"?

No Motherwell supporters on here are playing it down, so that's a nonsense claim, but you already knew that.  But I'll tell you what, you pester your club to get their house in order with regards to their support and we'll continue to make our feelings known to those in charge at Fir Park. 

Archived