Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 7th April

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I do find it hilarious that one of the strap lines is that ‘Anybody can beat anybody’ when 2 out the 3 relegation spots were officially decided in March ffs.

This has actually been proven as being statistically untrue in various ways.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dinnie said:

I was a big fan of him in his first stint.  This time around he's still a tidy midfielder but we seem to have a glut of them.  We're more in need of creative players that can win tight matches.

This. Did Rangers create a chance that wasn't directly from a Motherwel defensive mistake?

8 minutes ago, Dinnie said:

I like Davis and Defoe and it's hard to get to the truth in terms of what we're paying for them.  If the logic was that we had a glimmer of challenging Celtic at the turn of the year then I see the logic in speculating and bringing them in BUT given that it didn't really make a difference then I don't think they've contributed enough to say justify staying IF they're using up more or our resources than their current colleagues.

They looked away rusty at first, getting the odd game from the bench did them no favours. I'd like to see them given the rest of the season to get a good run.

Some of the speculation regarding their wages is probably ott.

We played pretty well for most of the match. The only 4 chances Rangers had came directly from our mistakes. They scored 3 and Defoe should have scored the other one. I thought Hastie should have done better with a couple of chances.

Meh. 

Quite a strange game. I didn't think Rangers were that great, but they were clinical when we put three chances on a plate for them. 

Expected more from Ariyibi.  It's all well and good turning it on against Hamilton, but he's barely kicked a ball in the last two games I've watched him (Hibs Away and today). Granted, his replacement Frear put in a performance when he came on that I could have bettered.  

Hopefully we see one or two other youngsters in the post-split games. I'd give Scott a run in the last five, get Livingstone involved and wouldn't mind seeing if the hype around Semple is worth it. 

Final point, but singing GSTQ at the end of a game, and then applauding yourselves for doing it, is peak minter behaviour. Fucking weirdos. 

21 minutes ago, Desp said:

Final point, but singing GSTQ at the end of a game, and then applauding yourselves for doing it, is peak minter behaviour. Fucking weirdos. 

They are a ridiculous bunch and so out of touch/date with reality it's embarrassing for them.

The likes of Only and Excuse, Robbie Coltrane and Chewin the Fat etc. have been doing sketches aimed specifically at ridiculing their type for decades and in today's day and age they just look pathetic. Each to their own though.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Maybe add a few players to the squad and a wee bit of extra creativity through the middle. I'd like to keep Davis and Defoe, plus if we can get Barisic, Murphy, dorrans etc fit itll give us a boost.

It was interesting to watch sevco without Kunt and the buffalo two players that could be off in the summer.
McGregor,Arfield,Davis,Dorrans,Candyass,Defoe,Lafferty,Murphy the sands of time in the hourglass is running out and with that more injuries.
Maybe this is why sevco ran out of legs after the winter break.

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It was interesting to watch sevco without Kunt and the buffalo two players that could be off in the summer.
McGregor,Arfield,Davis,Dorrans,Candyass,Defoe,Lafferty,Murphy the sands of time in the hourglass is running out with that more injuries.
Maybe this is why sevco run out of legs after the winter break.

We can be a bit too reliant on Alfredo the great at times, today was more of a team effort.

Guest Moomintroll
We can be a bit too reliant on Alfredo the great at times, today was more of a team effort.

Might be best to rely on Arfield & Defoe a bit more often on todays evidence. As much as the Well defence was awful, they were clinical and gelled well without a hint of a headsgone.

15 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
24 minutes ago, bennett said:

Might be best to rely on Arfield & Defoe a bit more often on todays evidence. As much as the Well defence was awful, they were clinical and gelled well without a hint of a headsgone.

I can see Alfredo getting benched if Arfy and Defoe can keep this up, good to have options tho.

47 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

MISSUS BUNFIELD!

For hundreds of years my community have enjoyed cheese and pineapple on a stick.....

One of the best sketches he ever did. It was a classic. 

I made a legitimate request for our defenders to defend today. All to no avail sadly. 

To get anything from fixtures like this you have to keep mistakes to a minimum, get the crowd on your side, build some momentum and then take your chances.  Giving away a cheap goal makes it very difficult and giving away two cheap goals more or less seals your fate.

Guest Moomintroll
For hundreds of years my community have enjoyed cheese and pineapple on a stick.....
One of the best sketches he ever did. It was a classic. 
I made a legitimate request for our defenders to defend today. All to no avail sadly. 
All together now , the cry was no defende.........., no just me then.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Expected more from Ariyibi.  It's all well and good turning it on against Hamilton, but he's barely kicked a ball in the last two games I've watched him (Hibs Away and today). Granted, his replacement Frear put in a performance when he came on that I could have bettered. 

Is he actually that good though?

Great fun to watch at times but he seems to be the epitome of all style, little substance. Although stats obviously aren’t everything, the fact that Frear’s got more goals/assists than him in 2019 despite vastly inferior game time kinda points to that and I’m not exactly great fan of Frear. 

Kind of summed us up today, a lot of possession but done nothing with it- other than shoot ourselves in the foot. I’m all for the less hoofball more football approach but fucking hell, that was kamikaze stuff. They set up traps and we just walked straight into them all afternoon.

Been a much more enjoyable second half of the season but we’ve been given a bit of a reality check in recent weeks in terms of where we actually are. Still very much a work in progress and hopefully Robinson can pick the bones out of it and we can still finish the season strongly.

Archived