Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 7th April

Yes I think getting the first goal here is crucial. We've shown over the last few months that scoring first has given us that boost to go on and either see the game out or add to our lead. Today will obviously be a bit more difficult as Rangers do have better players man for man than the sides we've beaten of late but we've already drawn with them this season and we exploited their defensive weaknesses on that occasion so we should be looking to take confidence from that and our recent good form.

28 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Motherwell to get at least a point today.  

Talk like this always fills me with dread before we play Rangers.

1 hour ago, AndyRoss said:

Pleased there hasn't been much chat about 'the best chance to beat them in ages', as we've had the best chance to beat them in ages so many times and fallen on our faces.

For this reason.

Our last two(three) victories over them have come when we've been given no chance and even the majority of Motherwell fans couldn't see past a defeat - the two playoff games of 2015 and the 2017 League Cup Semi Final.

Ever since we last beat them in the league in 2002 we've seen chat on forums like this, steelmen, FPC and more recently twitter about how "this time we'll do it as they're there for the taking, they're the worst Rangers side since the last worst Rangers side, we'll never have a better chance to beat them." And it never happens for us.

Games against Rangers are more often than not like watching the same movie over and over again and expecting a different ending, but deep down you know from the off that you are going to end up frustrated as hell and you wonder why you put yourself through it. Everything that could go wrong for us usually goes wrong for us. Penalties wrongly awarded, goals wrongly disallowed, goalkeepers and defenders making howlers to gift them a goal at the crucial time, us missing penalties in the last minute or their keeper pulling off ridiculous saves. 

Sometimes you feel you could just write the script but one day we've got to beat them again in the league. I don't think it'll be today though sadly.

Motherwell v Rangers team news. 

Scott Brown has made 4 changes to the Rangers team to play Motherwell. Out go Halliday, Kent, Morelos and Gerrard....

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Motherwell v Rangers team news. 

Scott Brown has made 4 changes to the Rangers team to play Motherwell. Out go Halliday, Kent, Morelos and Gerrard....

A bit late with that one, someone beat you to it earlier in the thread.

A reminder to the Motherwell players to celbrate any goals well away from the zombie fans and do not make eye contact with the sevco players so as to avoid a complaint being submitted to the authorities.

27 minutes ago, MJC said:

Ever since we last beat them in the league in 2002 we've seen chat on forums like this, steelmen, FPC and more recently twitter about how "this time we'll do it as they're there for the taking, they're the worst Rangers side since the last worst Rangers side, we'll never have a better chance to beat them."

The pinnacle of this being the league cup in 2012/13, which turned out to be one of the most embarrasing and gutless results/performances I can remember.

Absolute shitebaggery on the pitch.

Keith Lasley actually apologised to Lee McCulloch for tackling him at one point IIRC.

Edited by Richie

ACFD80E1-D5FB-4909-BC6D-A0120A5BA1E0.thumb.jpeg.edfaec6db484056cae997ed970d7bd20.jpeg

Staunch line-up from Rangers. Seems to be 4 essentially central midfielders in the line-up. Flanagan back in, could be in for a testing afternoon from Motherwell’s wide lads. 

Tough to call but I’d say Motherwell have a decent chance IF they can get the first goal.

Liking the look of that team. Think we'll win 3-1.  If we don't,  so what, I can always  console myself that however bad it is , I'll never feel as bad as that mob did when we  tore them a new arsehole in the play offs. Hope that twat with the Kazakhstan flag falls off the top tier of the South Stand. Mon the Well.

Can see a draw here, Well are usually well up  for a battle and can a play a bit too.

That Motherwell manager needs a wash and a shave, absolute disgrace to appear on TV like that.