Ross County V Dundee United- 5/4/2019

18 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Stanton would have been the one to come on for me instead of Gomis to keep us up the park. Fyvie and Gomis have been shite. Stanton has been playing out of position as a deep midfielder so its a bit harsh to say hes God awful. 

The rest being injured, well, fair enough. Not much that can be done.

But why not use Nesbitt? Stick him on further up the pitch as a replacement for McMullan and Stanton is the replacement for Clark with Safranko going up front.

A bit more like for like than what happened, fresh legs and keeps us up the pitch rather than sitting on a 1 goal lead and inviting the best team in the league to have a go at you with no reply.

tbf, I was at Partick when Nesbitt had his one and only start.

I know it’s just one game and he can’t be judged on that alone but he was truly awful to the extent that we ended playing robson instead of him in the following games. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the avoidance of doubt, I'd have much preferred playing young Grivo tonight instead of Kelly and shifting VdW to the left. Kenny's not a world beater, but he's a million times better than Kelly.

20 minutes ago, Spain said:

I'd agree with that. Our management team are tactically inept, but from what I've seen this season the mind boggles that the likes of United could be ahead of Ayr or Bridge & Castle FC.

lol you’ve beaten us once in the league, says more about you lot imo. 

Oh we've dabbled, in particular we've had to use a number of youth players.
Dundee United arent though.
Which is funny.

You’ve used Tom Grivosti in what I’m presuming is his first year in senior football?

Suppose you could also count the solitary appearance for Dylan Dykes as well and using Ross Munro throughout the Irn Bru Cup.

Not exactly struggling for Championship players though. You’re right though Dundee Utd aren’t either but they’re a laughing stock anyway so nothing new there.

lol you’ve beaten us once in the league, says more about you lot imo. 

If they win the league it won’t matter one iota how many times they’ve beaten you. Similarly if Dundee Utd go up and we don’t the 5-0 game doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

33 minutes ago, dr3 said:

Players out injured:

Vigurs
Fontaine
Morris
Watson
McKay
Draper

5 out of 6 of those players would be considered Key Players at the start of this season. The 1 missing from that would be Watson, who has arguably been our best and most consistent player this season.

If we had luck with injuries this year, we’d have won the league by now!

That’s tough.  County must be the only team in this league who have had to deal with injuries this season.   Life is so unfair.  :(

6 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

tbf, I was at Partick when Nesbitt had his one and only start.

I know it’s just one game and he can’t be judged on that alone but he was truly awful to the extent that we ended playing robson instead of him in the following games. 

All my point is, is that putting on 2 defensive midfielders on when we already had 2 on the pitch was a bad idea. Those two have been shite more than Nesbitt has. Im also not a massive fan of his either. I just think If we used our more attacking players, no matter how pish they have been, may have meant we could keep the ball up the park rather than hang on, sit back and allow the best team in the league to have a go at us. Or at least give them something to think about at the back.

2 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

All my point is, is that putting on 2 defensive midfielders on when we already had 2 on the pitch was a bad idea. Those two have been shite more than Nesbitt has. Im also not a massive fan of his either. I just think If we used our more attacking players, no matter how pish they have been, may have meant we could keep the ball up the park rather than hang on, sit back and allow the best team in the league to have a go at us. Or at least give them something to think about at the back.

There’s no excuse for Neilson’s substitutions tonight; none.  However if we’re faced with a similar situation between now and the end of the season, including the play-offs, he will do exactly the same thing again.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If they win the league it won’t matter one iota how many times they’ve beaten you. Similarly if Dundee Utd go up and we don’t the 5-0 game doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Yup totally. 

But county fans some to have inflated opinion of their side where as they are just about as shite as the rest of the league. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s no excuse for Neilson’s substitutions tonight; none.  However if we’re faced with a similar situation between now and the end of the season, including the play-offs, he will do exactly the same thing again.

Continues to feel like whenever we make subs we get consistently worse and always look good for conceding late on. 

Sickening but predictable end to the match.

Ridiculous substitutions from Neilson when we were easily the better team throughout. Gomis should never play for United again; he was past it 6 years ago. 

Hopefully we can secure 2nd to give us a better chance in the playoffs. Two Championship teams will go up again this season. 

34 minutes ago, Spain said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I'd have much preferred playing young Grivo tonight instead of Kelly and shifting VdW to the left. Kenny's not a world beater, but he's a million times better than Kelly.

Sean Kelly was an absolute waste of a jersey tonight, the best thing he's done this season was to be unavailable for a large chunk of it.

I'd be delighted if he never played for us again, Kenny at lb is far from ideal but he's a trier, will at least look to take a pass from a teammate and get an odd good cross onto the penalty spot. 

I can only guess that even Neilson's given up on Nesbitt now. Matty Smith hasn't played in the 1st team in a over a month, yet Neilson brought him on before Nesbitt. 

Our defence and keeper aren't good by any stretch of the imagination. But there's now even more pressure on them with each game that passes because our attackers can't be trusted to kill off games, even when we're playing relatively well.

County have been dragged down to the level of all the other cloggers in this division, IMHO (in my humble opinion). It happened to Ayr United too.

Buckleswashing football, with a liberal sprinkling of panache, only gets you so far against outfits like Dundee United and Falkirk. After that you just need to sink to their style of “attrition football”. 

8 minutes ago, yoda said:

County have been dragged down to the level of all the other cloggers in this division, IMHO (in my humble opinion). It happened to Ayr United too.

Buckleswashing football, with a liberal sprinkling of panache, only gets you so far against outfits like Dundee United and Falkirk. After that you just need to sink to their style of “attrition football”. 

I smell shite

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You may not rate these guys but they’re Championship standard players and would likely be first pick players for other teams in this league.

Aye, he got offered a higher wage to go upto Dingwall than what we could offer him, and I'd imagine we'll be paying one of the higher wages in the league. 

Can I just say, I rate United, but fucking get it up neilson, he used to do that with hearts against county. Try and shitebag his way to victory. While he’s a semi decent manager and United have decent players, get it right round him. Long haired greasy c**t. 

Players out injured:

Vigurs
Fontaine
Morris
Watson
McKay
Draper

5 out of 6 of those players would be considered Key Players at the start of this season. The 1 missing from that would be Watson, who has arguably been our best and most consistent player this season.

If we had luck with injuries this year, we’d have won the league by now!

Morris, fontaine and watson are rotten

Archived