Ross County V Dundee United- 5/4/2019

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost a dreadful goal, but full marks to Fox for pulling off a great save to stop United going 0-2 up.

The time added on was justified.

Being a football supporter means you have to endure the highs and lows of watching your team. Tonight saw me experience the lows of seeing your closest rivals for the title almost take all 3 points and potentially be on the brink of pipping us to the finish line, to then in a matter of seconds experinece absolute joy as we grab a goal deep into injury time to snatch a point. Its been a while since I saw the home support celebrate the way they did, that draw felt as good as a win.

Jamie Lyndsay-thank you!

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I think the keeper is fucking soul destroyingly bad. Hes not the main culprit, player wise anyway, at the goal - for me thats Gomis and Connolly.  The former should clear it the first or second time and the latter has been poor in general but shouldnt header that ball anywhere else but away from goal.

The keeper should probably do better though. 

But as i say, Neilson shat himself, sat back and tried to shore things up with two players who have regularly caused more problems than they have solved while on the pitch this season.

Why drop Bouhenna, Cammy Smith, Stanton and Booth completely? Were they all injured? Smiths hardly played so cant be needing a rest. Stanton should have been on the bench at least. Booth and Robson have been doing well as a partnership and Bouhenna is better  next to Reynolds than Connolly imo. All injured?

Bouhenna injured I’m sure. 

Smith been out injured for a couple weeks so don’t see how you’re surprised by that one. 

Stanton is god awful and a fraction the player that Harkes is. 

Booth i’m unsure but he’s pretty awful himself. 

My prediction of 1-0 United via eye bleeding shitefest was so close to the truth. We might not have deserved a point tonight but over the four games, a combined total of County 4 points and United 7 points still flatters United by some distance. 

If we weren't playing a third team you'd have been horsed, and our injuries are the sole reason it's currently even remotely close. 

Not sure we deserved that in the end, but United certainly did. We seem to play utter horseshit against them, and yet even then I have no idea how such a poor side are sitting second. Hopefully Ayr are the Championship representatives in the playoff final.

3 minutes ago, Spain said:

Not sure we deserved that in the end, but United certainly did. We seem to play utter horseshit against them, and yet even then I have no idea how such a poor side are sitting second. Hopefully Ayr are the Championship representatives in the playoff final.

...or sitting top.

9 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

My prediction of 1-0 United via eye bleeding shitefest was so close to the truth. We might not have deserved a point tonight but over the four games, a combined total of County 4 points and United 7 points still flatters United by some distance. 

If we weren't playing a third team you'd have been horsed, and our injuries are the sole reason it's currently even remotely close. 

Same way you were supposed to horse us in the last two games? 

...or sitting top.

Players out injured:

Vigurs
Fontaine
Morris
Watson
McKay
Draper

5 out of 6 of those players would be considered Key Players at the start of this season. The 1 missing from that would be Watson, who has arguably been our best and most consistent player this season.

If we had luck with injuries this year, we’d have won the league by now!

No, that one I can easily comprehend. Everyone else is worse than us.

Well that’s obvious but it doesn’t say much for this league that County are top.

I wasn’t sure at first if this league was just really tight or if the standard was really low but it’s definitely the latter.

4 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Same way you were supposed to horse us in the last two games? 

I feel you have misunderstood my point. 

For the avoidance of doubt, my point was: 

If we had not had the injuries that we have had, your mob of partially organised cock juice would be a dozen points behind. 

10 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Bouhenna injured I’m sure. 

Smith been out injured for a couple weeks so don’t see how you’re surprised by that one. 

Stanton is god awful and a fraction the player that Harkes is. 

Booth i’m unsure but he’s pretty awful himself. 

Stanton would have been the one to come on for me instead of Gomis to keep us up the park. Fyvie and Gomis have been shite. Stanton has been playing out of position as a deep midfielder so its a bit harsh to say hes God awful. 

The rest being injured, well, fair enough. Not much that can be done.

But why not use Nesbitt? Stick him on further up the pitch as a replacement for McMullan and Stanton is the replacement for Clark with Safranko going up front.

A bit more like for like than what happened, fresh legs and keeps us up the pitch rather than sitting on a 1 goal lead and inviting the best team in the league to have a go at you with no reply.

If we had luck with injuries this year, we’d have won the league by now!

You’re in the fortunate position to be able to replace those players with capable replacements. Not every team can do that.

Every team gets injuries. We’ve had injuries. Shankland, Forrest, Kerr are all starters and 3 of our best players and they’ve all spent time out which has cost us.

Even in League One last season I’m quite confident we’d have wrapped up the league much earlier had we stayed injury free. Benefits of having a large squad I suppose.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well that’s obvious but it doesn’t say much for this league that County are top.

I wasn’t sure at first if this league was just really tight or if the standard was really low but it’s definitely the latter.

I'd agree with that. Our management team are tactically inept, but from what I've seen this season the mind boggles that the likes of United could be ahead of Ayr or Bridge & Castle FC.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’re in the fortunate position to be able to replace those players with capable replacements. Not every team can do that.

Starting a game with Sean Kelly and Declan McManus in the line-up would suggest otherwise.

I'd agree with that. Our management team are tactically inept, but from what I've seen this season the mind boggles that the likes of United could be ahead of Ayr or Bridge & Castle FC.

I too am pretty annoyed that we’ve allowed United to catch and overtake us in the last month or so after absolutely dominating them in 3 games this season but we’ve dropped stupid points in games where we’ve either been unlucky or just downright shit.

In fact tonight actually makes me more gutted that we’re out this title race. The turning point for me was the 3-3 draw at Somerset. Had we seen that game out and won then I think we may have done it. We blew it though and we’ve been in relegation form since then.

Starting a game with Sean Kelly and Declan McManus in the line-up would suggest otherwise.

You may not rate these guys but they’re Championship standard players and would likely be first pick players for other teams in this league.

Other teams are relying on youngsters or lower league standard players to come in and replace first team players.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Other teams are relying on youngsters or lower league standard players to come in and replace first team players.

Oh we've dabbled, in particular we've had to use a number of youth players.

Dundee United arent though.

Which is funny.

Archived